Are we going to have War in Korea soon..???

Are we going to have war in Korea soon....??

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our military is already spread too thin, but North Korea is getting awfully brave with their aiming at Hawaii!

We can't be at war with the world...we'll lose.

North Korea will keep pushing until Obama pushes back, which my guess will be never.

North Korea will keep pushing until Obama pushes back, which my guess will be never.

I don't know...I think Obama would act if indeed it got that serious. I don't think he would hesitate a bit!

However, we'd probably have to re-institute the draft to have the manpower to cover it. I doubt the younger crowd would appreciate that little move.

I don't know...I think Obama would act if indeed it got that serious. I don't think he would hesitate a bit!

However, we'd probably have to re-institute the draft to have the manpower to cover it. I doubt the younger crowd would appreciate that little move.

the draft would cost obama re-election.

Yes it would! It would cost any sitting President the next election!

The draft is not a popular idea, but what are we supposed to do if we're at war with the world? As stated earlier, the military is already stretched too thin.

Yes it would! It would cost any sitting President the next election!

The draft is not a popular idea, but what are we supposed to do if we're at war with the world? As stated earlier, the military is already stretched too thin.

Not to mention a draft is not Constitutional so far as I can see.

And no...we wouldnt need a draft to handle N. Korea.....not hardly.

My guess is the North Korean people, the average Joe on the street, which includes many in the military would long to be able to live in a system like the South Korean's do. So in regard to the draft and are we stretched too thin to deal with it. I don't think the resolve of the North Korean people is there and this is not 1950. I don't think it would take large numbers of US ground forces. This is strictly a personal opinion

As much as we know that we could put a whoopin on their Military in a conventional way....and the fact that the people are all but defeated to begin with...how would we address the fact that they are a nuclear threat??? All be it a small one...but a threat none the less.

As much as we know that we could put a whoopin on their Military in a conventional way....and the fact that the people are all but defeated to begin with...how would we address the fact that they are a nuclear threat??? All be it a small one...but a threat none the less.

Anyone think if North Korea were invaded, they might shoot a missile at Japan?

Anyone think if North Korea were invaded, they might shoot a missile at Japan?

Dunno....thats the whole thing Im gettin at here....these people are sooooo damn unpredictable its mind boggling. I cant honestly say Id put anything past that regime.

IMHO, it is just too bad that we did not have the balls to defeat North Korea back when we were fighting them before, then this problem would not be facing us today, but the politicians new what was best, not the General in charge.

Just a guess but I think we're ramping up for WWIII. Lots of players in this one, i.e., Iran, N. Korea, China, Isreal, Pakastain, and who knows who else... Let the big bombs fly on this one...

Just a guess but I think we're ramping up for WWIII. Lots of players in this one, i.e., Iran, N. Korea, China, Isreal, Pakastain, and who knows who else... Let the big bombs fly on this one...

There is a strange vibe isnt there...?? Although....I dont feel like we as a nation represent anything remotely similar to the nation we were pre-WWII....

Could we survive in a WWIII???

Could we survive in a WWIII???

That's an interesting question. Historically, America has always bucked up and done the things necessary to win major conflicts but in those days we had a different breed of American. Being a 20 year Navy retired military service guy, it's bred into me to beat the drum loudly and wave the flag. That is my most natural instinct. I have a very deep love of country but we are a changed nation. Our young people are not the same caliber of young people we had back during WWII, Korea, and in the dark days of Viet Nam. Instead of a country of "us" we are now a country of "me". Attitudes of our young people are much different than back in those days. To clearly see evidence of this go to the mall and sit on a bench for an hour and watch and listen to what comes by. Lots of people don't even stand up or place their hand over their heart at ball games, before NASCAR races, when the flag passes by in a parade. In a lot of ways, we have become a sad lot. Our politicians in Washington don't have the same mentality as the politicians did back in the WWII days. Many have never been in the military and are completely clueless as to how to fight a war or what exactly is needed. Should the feces hit the fan, I believe we would be badly thrashed about the head and shoulders until we took a deep breath and got our act together. I hope it never comes to that. Could we win a WWIII? I'd have to say at this point it would be a 50/50 chance unless we used nuclear weapons. I hate to say this but because of what we have allowed to come of our financial status around the world, the value of the dollar, the size of our military, and various other reasons led me to believe we are dangerously close to becoming a Third World country instead of remaining the mighty power we once were.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back