Are we breeding a population of uneducated people?

In my opinion, we are. And, I stated why it's my opinion.

More people apply to and attend college now than ever before. Pretty poor job of discouraging.
Our population is rapidly growing. ....

No, it's not.

US Population Growth Rate by Year
I checked the link and did not see any year of negative population growth. The link that you directed me to shows a growth in population every single year.

You seem to have lost your "rapid" somewhere.
Nope, didn't lose anything. Did you see what the growth was from 1990 to 2010? Did you check the link that I provided? The link that I gave you shows the growth from 1776 to present.

And 80% of our barely-there population growth is from immigration.

More people apply to and attend college now than ever before. Pretty poor job of discouraging.

No, it's not.

I checked the link and did not see any year of negative population growth. The link that you directed me to shows a growth in population every single year.

Nope, didn't lose anything.....

Under 1% since 2001. Not exactly "rapid," which is why you dropped the word from your previous two posts.

No, it's not.

Under 1% since 2001. Not exactly "rapid," which is why you dropped the word from your previous two posts.
Nope, I didn't drop anything. We have rapid population growth. Look at the numbers for the past half century. Look at the past 30 years. We have rapid population growth. And, many of them are illegals which may not be counted. Look at the growth of cities.

Nope, I didn't drop anything. We have rapid population growth.....

Under 1% for well over a decade is not rapid, genius.

Americans are by default uneducated. We're just promoting that lifestyle more these days, so nobody seems to care too much that they're fucking morons. Doesn't matter how stupid they are, because EVERYBODY IS STILL SPECIAL!

I often see statistics showing that highly educated people are more likely to not have children or have less children than uneducated people. It would seem then, that the root cause of many of our problems is that the educated are simply outnumbered by the uneducated populous. Are we getting buried in ignorance because of the fools having 3-5 kids?
I don't know about you, but, I haven't been breeding any kids....

Americans are by default uneducated. We're just promoting that lifestyle more these days, so nobody seems to care too much that they're fucking morons. Doesn't matter how stupid they are, because EVERYBODY IS STILL SPECIAL!
I see your an award winning author....

You dummies applauded the Morman Bishop who took a big bite out of good American manufacturing jobs .

You glibly ridicule the saying "you vote against your own best interests". Americans have been trained like seals to jump over dollars to save dimes. You fill your cars with crap made in China purchased at a Walmart. Sure you save a few bucks but you have taken an active role in gutting America of good jobs.

We have been selfish and ignorant of the consequences of our actions and habits.

The terrible truth is that every RW whiner on this thread sends his income straight to China with a brief stop over in the Walton's bank account.
Too many of you vote for candidates that make ridiculous promises aimed directly at your weakness and sense of helplessness that SOMEBODY has to do something about abortion and gays and re instituting christian values into the public domain. These slick shysters promise that they will save your guns from confiscation and that the evil liberals will take your guns if elected.

You people are all wound up tighter than a nun's rectum having been sold on all the make believe enemies imaginable.

Yes America is being dumb ed down. It serves the corporations that donate to the slick talkers to keep you all focused on nonsense and spending your money on their benefactors.

Why is it that Americans spend two to three times as much as Canadians for medicines? Why is it that the VA and Medicare are forbidden by law to bargain with the pharms to lower the cost of meds to Americans?

The same legislators that promise you to protect you against the enemies they have instilled in you have been very busy ensuring that much of your wealth will be transferred to a handful of drug manufacturers. These are the same people you elected that refused to prosecute the monsters that raped our economy and brought it to it's knees 7 years ago. Over half of the wealth of our entire country destroyed and not a single prison sentence handed out. Yet you cheer like hyenas and morons when a celebrity like Martha Stewart buys and sells a little stock with insider knowledge.

The numbers of births to stupid people vs the numbers from the more intelligent is a small problem. We get caught up in racially baited trivia and turn a blind eye to massive bank and real estate fraud designed and supported by the representatives elected primarily in the red states.

Yes we have a problem with stupidity in America. This highly benefits the wealthy. The numbers in some parts of the country are already way past the needs of the liars and thieves you all vote for.

Your daydreams and made up nightmares have been very costly to our nation.

I don't know of anyone who is born with an education. Too bad, that would save a lot of time and would eliminate the need for school boards, and PTA moms who make sure the teachers get a geranium for her classroom window.

I often see statistics showing that highly educated people are more likely to not have children or have less children than uneducated people. It would seem then, that the root cause of many of our problems is that the educated are simply outnumbered by the uneducated populous. Are we getting buried in ignorance because of the fools having 3-5 kids?
What we're doing is discouraging education. ....

We are doing nothing of the sort.
In my opinion, we are. And, I stated why it's my opinion.

Apply and attend does not mean pay and graduate.

I don't know of anyone who is born with an education. Too bad, that would save a lot of time and would eliminate the need for school boards, and PTA moms who make sure the teachers get a geranium for her classroom window.

That is an interesting statement. But today there are millions of books. So why don't we have a list of which of those millions are worth the time at what age?

How much would that cost? Why don't our so called educators suggest that?

psik

That is an interesting statement. But today there are millions of books. So why don't we have a list of which of those millions are worth the time at what age?

How much would that cost? Why don't our so called educators suggest that?

psik

Holy shit, you're a broken fucking record. You're like a parrot with OCD.

Go to the store and buy a second thought.

Are we breeding a population of uneducated people?
Yes. Been going on for years. They are called Millennials.

It's not just uneducated...they're entitled, spoiled, and think that the "real world" will revolve them--because in their young existence it HAS. I can't tell you how many parents get upset when I tell them that their kid didn't pass my class because they didn't turn their work in on time (or even TRY). They're groomed to think that everybody deserves a trophy, everybody is "special", everything in life should be and will be "fair", and that they're just "fine" the way they are. Now that they're getting older and their parents are scratching their heads wondering where everything went wrong.

It's pathetic, kids can't even play together anymore without parents being heavily involved. Their mommies and daddies hold their hands their entire lives, and then try to even do so when they're out of high school. I thank god that I'm (barely) Gen X.

Forum List

Back