Are we breeding a population of uneducated people?

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
I often see statistics showing that highly educated people are more likely to not have children or have less children than uneducated people. It would seem then, that the root cause of many of our problems is that the educated are simply outnumbered by the uneducated populous. Are we getting buried in ignorance because of the fools having 3-5 kids?

What makes you think smart people have smart kids? Look at Chelsea Clinton. She doesn't make just under a mil a year cause she's smart. She just happened to be born under the Clinton Global Racketeering Initiative.

I often see statistics showing that highly educated people are more likely to not have children or have less children than uneducated people. It would seem then, that the root cause of many of our problems is that the educated are simply outnumbered by the uneducated populous. Are we getting buried in ignorance because of the fools having 3-5 kids?
What we're doing is discouraging education. Where is the incentive when young adults read about college grads flipping burgers and living with their parents? Where is the incentive when corporation such as Microsoft are importing cheap labor to write programs? Where's the incentive when wages are falling, businesses are offering less company paid benefits, and workers relocating to follow the economy and jobs? Where's the incentive when headlines talk about student loan debt, corporations off-shore out-sourcing jobs, and cheap labor crossing our borders by the thousands?

The question is, "are we doing enough to encourage our young adult to get an education"?

Please tell me you aren't going to propose forced sterilization and abortion.

What makes you think smart people have smart kids? Look at Chelsea Clinton. She doesn't make just under a mil a year cause she's smart. She just happened to be born under the Clinton Global Racketeering Initiative.

You cant deny genes are passed on.
And a child generally does better when raised by someone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size.

And a child generally does better when raised by someone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size.

Sometimes the genes skip a few welfare generations.......

If genetics is such a fine science, the Kentucky Derby winner would be an easy pick every year. Yet, many a winner they said couldn't get the distance, outruns its' breeding.

Sometimes the genes skip a few welfare generations.......

A few...?

What we're doing is discouraging education. Where is the incentive when young adults read about college grads flipping burgers and living with their parents? Where is the incentive when corporation such as Microsoft are importing cheap labor to write programs? Where's the incentive when wages are falling, businesses are offering less company paid benefits, and workers relocating to follow the economy and jobs? Where's the incentive when headlines talk about student loan debt, corporations off-shore out-sourcing jobs, and cheap labor crossing our borders by the thousands?

The question is, "are we doing enough to encourage our young adult to get an education"?
What's the point of getting an education beyond high school when there are remedial reading, writing and math classes in college? These kids are not college material but the colleges have dumbed down their curricula to bring in the money.

Then take the standard Fine Arts graduate from a liberal college. What skills does he/she have for a future life? Go and flip those burgers!

What we're doing is discouraging education. ....

We are doing nothing of the sort.

In my opinion, we are. And, I stated why it's my opinion.

More people apply to and attend college now than ever before. Pretty poor job of discouraging.

More people apply to and attend college now than ever before. Pretty poor job of discouraging.
Our population is rapidly growing. Yes, the numbers are increasing. The more people, the more in college.

Didn't Bristol make a million selling abstinence only?

Our population is rapidly growing. ....

No, it's not.

US Population Growth Rate by Year

No, it's not.

When did we stop the population growth? Every ten years when the census is taken, it shows rapid population growth. Did you check the last several ten year census figures? I'll take a look at the link and see what it says.

No, it's not.

I checked the link and did not see any year of negative population growth. The link that you directed me to shows a growth in population every single year.

No, it's not.

Google Fusion Tables

No, it's not.

I checked the link and did not see any year of negative population growth. The link that you directed me to shows a growth in population every single year.

You seem to have lost your "rapid" somewhere.

Forum List

Back