Are the Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument and Mount Rushmore next?

What is wrong with tearing down monuments to confederate traitors

Never should have erected them anyway
Well to the republicans it is a matter of tradition, or history or allegiance or some such nonsense.
Republicans still celebrate the era of slavery
Don't worry. Remember, the Republican president hasn't been born yet. Besides, Democrats were the slave owners, ... still are.
Maybe 150 years ago

Today’s Republicans defend the confederacy and the heritage it stood for

Maybe they should have stayed. Next to each monument a new one. These new ones would have reminded everybody that The South Lost The war!!!

For example, over here is a statue of Robert E. Lee, riding a horse and looking like a conquering hero. Along side it is another statue, this one celebrating Lee surrendering to Grant after Appomattox.

Maybe they should have stayed. Next to each monument a new one. These new ones would have reminded everybody that The South Lost The war!!!

For example, over here is a statue of Robert E. Lee, riding a horse and looking like a conquering hero. Along side it is another statue, this one celebrating Lee surrendering to Grant after Appomattox.

Needs to go further

Rather than celebrate the Lost Cause, they need to explain that the Confederacy was created to ensure that slavery would endure forever and that 40% of its population was in bondage

Statues of Robert E. Lee should be festooned with a disclaimer stating "General Lee specifically told us not to do this, which says much about the agenda of those who went ahead and did it anyway".

The American Taliban won't stop until every statue and monument is destroyed. They are already starting on WWII monuments. Then they can burn all the racist art painted by white men.

The American Taliban won't stop until every statue and monument is destroyed. They are already starting on WWII monuments. Then they can burn all the racist art painted by white men.

"They" should start on whatever's infesting your brain, because there's no such thing. WWII monuments were never put up by the UDC. WWII hadn't even happened yet. Go smoke some pot and sober up.

And btw I already coined "American Taliban" years ago. It's a reference to the KKK.

Will the Talicrats tear down the Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument and Mount Rushmore next? Is the removal of monuments really about social justice, or is it about left wing hate or about having a hot issue to energize the dumb liberal fanatics for election day?

Here's A List Of All The Monuments Liberals Want To Tear Down So Far

So the article is about Confederate Monuments coming down. The ones built to honor people who denounced their Citizenship of the USA, and took up arms to kill hundreds of thousands of American men, women, and children, all in order to protect and expand the institution of race based slavery.

I'm fine with that. If some moronic politician builds a monument to the 9/11 terrorists calling them hero's of a mistaken movement, I'd be all for tearing that one down too. If someone builds a monument to Nidal Hassan outside of Ft Hood because he was a fine soldier up to the point he turned against the USA, I would be fine tearing that down too.

You want to keep them on your private property fine. But I have a simple line in the sand.

So yeah, they are like the American taliban, or Americans helping ISIS or the Nazi's or Al Qaeda. Just on a much bigger and deadlier scale for a much worse cause.

Don't worry. Remember, the Republican president hasn't been born yet. Besides, Democrats were the slave owners, ... still are.

Well it was Southern Conservatives. No matter what party got their votes. Anti-federalist, Democrat Republican, Southern Democrat, Conservative Democrat, Dixiecrat or now Republican they have always ended up on the wrong end of human rights.

And yes the Southern or Conservative Democrats were the slave owners. And the Dixiecrats or those who left the Democratic party for abandoning their conservative roots were the ones who pushed the building of them in opposition to civil rights.

Well it was Southern Conservatives. No matter what party got their votes. Anti-federalist, Democrat Republican, Southern Democrat, Conservative Democrat, Dixiecrat or now Republican they have always ended up on the wrong end of human rights.

And yes the Southern or Conservative Democrats were the slave owners. And the Dixiecrats or those who left the Democratic party for abandoning their conservative roots were the ones who pushed the building of them in opposition to civil rights.
Tell me of the civil rights abuses by Republicans, or Trump. Let's see how many were Klansmen or wore blackface.

Tell me of the civil rights abuses by Republicans, or Trump. Let's see how many were Klansmen or wore blackface.
Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump

Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump
Overwhelmingly Democrat:

Ku Klux Klan members in United States politics - Wikipedia

You have no chance on this.

Will the Talicrats tear down the Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument and Mount Rushmore next? Is the removal of monuments really about social justice, or is it about left wing hate or about having a hot issue to energize the dumb liberal fanatics for election day?

So the article is about Confederate Monuments coming down. The ones built to honor people who denounced their Citizenship of the USA, and took up arms to kill hundreds of thousands of American men, women, and children, all in order to protect and expand the institution of race based slavery.

I'm fine with that. If some moronic politician builds a monument to the 9/11 terrorists calling them hero's of a mistaken movement, I'd be all for tearing that one down too. If someone builds a monument to Nidal Hassan outside of Ft Hood because he was a fine soldier up to the point he turned against the USA, I would be fine tearing that down too.

You want to keep them on your private property fine. But I have a simple line in the sand.

So yeah, they are like the American taliban, or Americans helping ISIS or the Nazi's or Al Qaeda. Just on a much bigger and deadlier scale for a much worse cause.
I think that it's about left wing hate. We already know that Liberals don't have any real principles.

I think that it's about left wing hate. We already know that Liberals don't have any real principles.

Nope, just not for honoring people who denounced their citizenship to attack and kill American men, women and children.

And yes the Southern or Conservative Democrats were the slave owners. And the Dixiecrats or those who left the hDemocratic party for abandoning their conservative roots were the ones who pushed the building of them in opposition to civil rights.

And the Southern Whigs, and the Southern Know Nothings, and the Southern Democratic-Republicans, etc etc, but more to the point, and the Southern Those With No Party At All Because The Entire Fucking Universe Doesn't And Never Did Revolve Around Political Parties.

Again for the meatheads --- NO ONE EVER NEEDED A POLITICAL PARTY TO OWN A SLAVE. Even looooong before George Washington -- who himself had no political party.

Nope, just not for honoring people who denounced their citizenship to attack and kill American men, women and children.

How ironic is it that this same blogparrot element is simultaneously condemning the DAESH woman from Alabama who did the same thing.

And yes the Southern or Conservative Democrats were the slave owners. And the Dixiecrats or those who left the hDemocratic party for abandoning their conservative roots were the ones who pushed the building of them in opposition to civil rights.

And the Southern Whigs, and the Southern Know Nothings, and the Southern Democratic-Republicans, etc etc, but more to the point, and the Southern Those With No Party At All Because The Entire Fucking Universe Doesn't And Never Did Revolve Around Political Parties.

Again for the meatheads --- NO ONE EVER NEEDED A POLITICAL PARTY TO OWN A SLAVE. Even looooong before George Washington -- who himself had no political party.
Hey, I supported the party of slavery before Reagan. I even voted for Carter first time arorund. I was young and stupid.

The Jefferson Memorial is about the most beautiful and inspiring thing I saw in D.C. Serene but uplifting at the same time, and full of his beautiful words. Jefferson had a brilliant mind and a knack for expressing it.

Yes, he owned slaves and he believed blacks were an inferior race. He was born into a Southern planter family and inherited 5,000 acres and 52 slaves from his father as a young man; his father-in-law's estate provided him two more plantations and over 100 more slaves. It was a fact of life to him.

I don't think we should throw out the baby with the bathwater here. I am not defending slavery; I just don't think we need to impose today's societal standards on someone from so long ago.

I could be wrong.

The Jefferson Memorial is about the most beautiful and inspiring thing I saw in D.C. Serene but uplifting at the same time, and full of his beautiful words. Jefferson had a brilliant mind and a knack for expressing it.

Yes, he owned slaves and he believed blacks were an inferior race. He was born into a Southern planter family and inherited 5,000 acres and 52 slaves from his father as a young man; his father-in-law's estate provided him two more plantations and over 100 more slaves. It was a fact of life to him.

I don't think we should throw out the baby with the bathwater here. I am not defending slavery; I just don't think we need to impose today's societal standards on someone from so long ago.

I could be wrong.
I agree with you which for me makes this a simple line in the sand. Jefferson did not renounce his citizenship of the United States and take up arms against America in a rebellion.. that's what separates him from Benedict Arnold, the isis woman, the Confederate leaders, Americans spyingsfor the Nazis in wwii, Nidal Hassan, etc.

Hey, I supported the party of slavery before Reagan. I even voted for Carter first time arorund. I was young and stupid.

If you found a "party of slavery" yeah you musta been.

Forum List

Back