Are the anti-science zealots accepting anthropogenic climate change yet?

I guess you didn't understand the part about the logarithmic relationship between CO2 concentration and temperature ... also known as quantum saturation ... your translation is hopelessly juvenile ... is this what's "hot" in middle school these days? ...

Physics hasn't changed over the past 500 million years ... there's nothing special about today's climate ... the science is the same ... you should learn about the science yourself, take a class, put all that calculus you learned to work ...

The abstract concludes with

Hey stupid ... the conclusion comes at the end of the paper, not the beginning ... I quoted the first sentence above ... this is what the author means in clear language ... we don't need your translation ... God, that's so pre-teen ...
Physics didn't change but other conditions did.
Past Warming periods were caused by Solar Forcing/change in earth's orbital tilt.

Scientists have been able to measure radiation-in/radiation-out directly and precisely for more than 50 years.
Radiation-in has not changed as the earth warmed.
Radiation reflected back out is being blocked at the exact spectral wavelengths of the GHGs (Greenhouse gases)

CO2 is not the only GHG. (water vapor, Methane, etc)
Methane/CH4 is 20-80 as powerful. (from livestock), and the snowball effect of other GHG warming which releases more methane from the warming oceans and melting tundra.
CO2 is up from 280 PPM to 410, mainly in the last 70 (of 170) years.
Methane has tripled.

Previous warming cycles were caused by orbital changes of angle or distance leading to more radiation-in, aka 'solar forcing.'
We/they know that is/was Not the case this time.

GHGs, as serious deniers know/use, usually Lag that solar forcing... but this time led! Because they also contribute to warming even in a natural cycle. (GHG definition).
This cycle was not caused by increased solar energy but rather those gases increased/blanket thickened at an unprecedented rate compared to natural cycles.

`

Physics didn't change but other conditions did.
Past Warming periods were caused by Solar Forcing/change in earth's orbital tilt.

Explain how the Earth's orbital tilt changes irradiation ... be care, that's a vector value ...

The subject is correlation ... not your ignorance of basic astronomy ...

Yes ... and you should still read it ... and understand there are different opinions in the scientific world ...

This is why you're so easy to ignore ... save your links, you don't read them ... why should I? ...
I have since read Davis' paper in full and, having learned my lesson with that faux pas, have fully read the additional papers to which I linked.

If you choose to ignore valid links posted by others, there is really no point in your presence here.

Explain how the Earth's orbital tilt changes irradiation ... be care, that's a vector value ...

Solar forcing gets weaker as you move back in time. You have to go back a great while for the difference to become significant, but you ARE looking back a great while as its the only place you've been able (pardon me, that I'VE been able) to find something that seems to support some of your position.

Earth’s spin, tilt and orbit

closeup image of storyboard
Earth’s spin, tilt, and orbit Affect the amount of solar energy received by any particular region of the globe, depending on latitude, time of day, and time of year. Small changes in the angle of Earth’s tilt and the shape of its orbit around the Sun Cause Changes in Climate over a span of 10,000 to 100,000 years, and are Not Causing climate change today.

Daily changes in light and temperature are caused by the rotation of the Earth, and seasonal changes are caused by the tilt of the Earth. As the Earth orbits the Sun, the Earth is pulled by the gravitational forces of the Sun, Moon, and large planets in the solar system, primarily Jupiter and Saturn. Over long periods of time, the gravitational pull of other members of our solar system slowly change Earth’s spin, tilt, and orbit. Over approximately 100,000 – 400,000 years, gravitational forces slowly change Earth’s orbit between more circular and elliptical shapes, as indicated by the blue and yellow dashed ovals in the figure to the right.
Over 19,000 – 24,000 years, the direction of Earth’s tilt shifts (spins). Additionally, how much Earth’s axis is tilted towards or away from the Sun changes through time, over approximately 41,000 year cycles. Small changes in Earth’s spin, tilt, and orbit over these long periods of time can change the amount of sunlight received (and therefore absorbed and re-radiated)
by different parts of the Earth. Over 10s to 100s of thousands of years, these small changes in the position of the Earth in relationship to the Sun can change the amount of solar radiation, also known as insolation, received by different parts of the Earth. In turn, changes in insolation over these long periods of time can change regional climates and the length and intensity of the seasons. The Earth’s spin, tilt, and orbit continue to change today, but do Not explain the current Rapid climate change.

Adapted from Universe Today.

Changes in insolation result in cycles of ice ages, during which ice sheets expand (glacial periods) and contract (interglacial periods). These patterns of ice ages, also called Milankovitch cycles, were predicted by the Serbian scientist Milutin Milankovitch. Milankovitch predicted that glacial periods occur during times of low summer insolation at high latitudes in the northern hemisphere, which would allow ice sheets to remain from year to year without melting. Subsequently, scientists have found extensive evidence of Milankovitch cycles preserved in the geologic record, especially in layers of sediment and fossils in ocean basins that preserve chemical changes in the ocean and atmosphere during glacial and interglacial periods. Although a major cause of change over long periods of time in the past, Earth’s spin, tilt and orbit changes so slowly that it is not a cause of global warming and climate change today.
Changes in Earth’s spin, tilt, and orbit have affected the Earth system in the past on various scales. Some of these ways include:

• Increasing or decreasing amount of sunlight that is absorbed by different areas of the surface of the Earth. This can affect Earth’s temperature.
    • Increasing or decreasing temperatures, which can alter the distribution of snow and ice cover. By increasing snow and ice cover, especially at high latitudes, the reflection of sunlight can increase, which in turn decreases the amount of light that is absorbed by Earth’s surface.
    • Changes in the Earth system that are affected by snow and ice cover, including the carbon cycle, and how much carbon (including the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide) is transferred between the atmosphere, biosphere, and ocean.
'
Visit the solar radiation and Earth’s energy budget pages to learn more about how changes in the amount of energy in the Earth system can affect global processes and phenomena.

`

Last edited:
Hey stupid ... the conclusion comes at the end of the paper, not the beginning ... I quoted the first sentence above ... this is what the author means in clear language ... we don't need your translation
Hey dopey, abstracts summarize whole papers and "we" (you, yourself, and your ridiculous ego) are obviously not the intended audience for my attempts at humor, however good or bad they may be. I presume you'll just try to pee all over my submissions as you do everyone else's (as in Rainy Days). Consider it mostly not about you when I respond to you at all. We continue discussing reality here despite all the jumping up and down and noise you hopeless deniers make. It's not personal. But thanks for the entertainment and laughable distractions. Does add a bit of needed spice sometimes.

Last edited:
The fact that it hasn't changed and that we have loads more far more reliable data than the 400 million year old stuff Davis was working with, on top of a lot of other things, makes it extremely more likely that Davis is wrong.
But you don’t have the data point showing how much of a temperature increase is caused by an additional 140PPM of CO2 on planet Earth because that number is 0.0 degrees. You have to go out 3 or 4 decimal places - at least

Hey dopey, abstracts summarize whole papers and "we" (you, yourself, and your ridiculous ego) are obviously not the intended audience for my attempts at humor, however good or bad they may be. I presume you'll just try to pee all over my submissions as you do everyone else's (as in Rainy Days). Consider it mostly not about you when I respond to you at all. We continue discussing reality here despite all the jumping up and down and noise you hopeless deniers make. It's not personal. But thanks for the entertainment and laughable distractions. Does add a bit of needed spice sometimes.
Denier is a a cult word

Earth's climate is dictated by how much ice it has.

How much ice earth has is 100% about where the land is.

Today, the three closest land masses to earth's poles and the amount of earth ice on each

Antarctica 90%
Greenland 7%
Ellesmere Island (Canada) 0.3%

97.3% of earth ice is on land closest to the poles.

And land moves.

During the past million years Greenland froze while North America thawed.

Search for

North American ice age (notice it is continent specific)

Ancient Greenland green

That is what earth climate change is all about. Land moving. Two polar oceans and earth has no ice. Two polar continents, two antarcticas, and earth has 80% ++ more ice.

Solar cycle is junk.

Co2 does nothing.

You must get paid by the word.

The resolution of the ideologues vs the climatologists squabble over who had a better grasp of climate was always silly.

"I don’t know about you guys, but I think climate change is...

'BULLSHIT!’

...‘By the way, it is!"

[Sen. Ron Johnson mouths to Republican luncheon that climate change is ‘bullsh—’]

Knowledge respects reality. Ignorance must have reality forced upon it. When ignorance is sustained by ideological dogma, it's a bitch to overcome, particularly in especially resistant cases.

The predictions are being validated. The theoretical is becoming blatant. The forecasts are being realized. Denial is becoming an increasingly costly ideological self-indulgence - agricultural failures, wildfires, flooding, soaring energy costs, droughts, mass starvation, relentless human migrations, etc., etc., etc.

By midcentury, if greenhouse gas emissions are not significantly curtailed, the coldest and warmest daily temperatures are expected to increase by at least 5 degrees F in most areas by mid-century rising to 10 degrees F by late century. The National Climate Assessment estimates 20-30 more days over 90 degrees F in most areas by mid-century. A recent study projects that the annual number of days with a heat index above 100 degrees F will double, and days with a heat index above 105 degrees F will triple, nationwide, when compared to the end of the 20th century.
Extreme heat can increase the risk of other types of disasters. Heat can exacerbate drought, and hot dry conditions can in turn create wildfire conditions. In cities, buildings roads and infrastructure can be heated to 50 to 90 degrees hotter than the air while natural surfaces remain closer to air temperatures. The heat island effect is most intense during the day, but the slow release of heat from the infrastructure overnight (or an atmospheric heat island) can keep cities much hotter than surrounding areas. Rising temperatures across the country poses a threat to people, ecosystems and the economy...
An early summer heatwave across the western United States broke all-time records in multiple states, with temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for days on end in some places. This event marked yet another climate extreme for residents of a region already suffering through a devastating drought and with memories of last year’s horrific wildfire season likely still fresh on people’s minds.
Truth not only endures. It has an irresistible way of imposing itself upon even the most willfully obtuse:

Expect Americans to demand their elected representatives confront reality.

Some may be a bit slow, but eventually, everybody will get it, one way or another.

View attachment 511009
"If there is one thing that really burns my ass, it's
CLIMATE CHANGE!"

the science 1.jpg

Forum List

Back