Are religious people atheists to other religions

johnsweeting

Oct 19, 2011
I read that there are about 10,000 religions (The 2001 edition of Barrett's World Christian Encyclopedia) out there in the world but this number can be disputed depending how to count but let's say that this number is correct for discussion purposes.

If you are a christian (or any other religion) are you then considered an atheist to all the other 9,999 religions because all of these have different holy figures and many of them say that "if you don't follow our religion you will end up in hell". If you're not considered an atheist to these religions, do you believe in these religions as well.

Therefore, I will conclude my thought with a joke:

Do you know what the difference is between an atheist and a religious person...The atheist think that 10,000 are bullcrap.....the religious person think that 9,999 are bullcrap.

Therefore the number between us (atheists) and religious people is only 1 out of 10,000.....Not that much....

(Needless to say that all of them think that their own religion is the "correct one").

Edit: The 2001 edition of Barrett's World Christian Encyclopedia, identifies 10,000 distinct religions, of which 150 have 1 million or more followers. Within Christianity (counted as just one religion), 33,830 different denominations are counted. This would include denominations as large as Catholicism and as small as Shakers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back