Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country?

I know of no Christian Church that relegates nonbelievers to second rate status.

You know squat.

Think Armageddon and retract your foolish thinking.

Regards
DL

"Nuh-Uh" is the best you've got?
I know of no Christian Church that relegates nonbelievers to second rate status.

How soon you forget that Christianity grew threw inquisitions and murder because they had no decent moral tenets to convert with.

Regards
DL
Nope. It was to put down the cathar aggression. Learn some history. Inquisitions established the use of trials where none existed before.

Were the Cathars aggressive?

Cathar Beliefs, doctrines, theology and practices
Feb 08, 2017 · Cathars were Dualists. That is, they believed in two universal principles, a good God and a bad God, much like the Jehovah and Satan of mainstream Christianity. As Dualists, they belonged to a tradition that was already ancient in the days of Jesus. (The revered Magi in the nativity story were Zoroastrians - Persian Dualists).

You know squat.

Regards
DL

How soon you forget that Christianity grew threw inquisitions and murder because they had no decent moral tenets to convert with.

Regards
DL
Nope. It was to put down the cathar aggression. Learn some history. Inquisitions established the use of trials where none existed before.

They left the Cathars alone for almost a century, until the loons started murdering priests. Cathars were not a nice cult. And, the Inquisitions were pretty tame stuff compared to what Muslims and their Jewish allies did to Christians, and most of those were probably guilty of swearing false oaths. The Roman Inquisition didn't kill anybody; the Church hardly ever carried out death sentences, and most were symbolic. You always had the option to repent.

You mean the Goths? Most Goths weren't Christians when the Muslims and Jews took over Spain.

Are you stoned? Where do you get 'Goths' from my post??? The Visigoths had Christian king before 400 A.D., in any case; one of the first snivels from Jews in Spain about Da Evul Xians was an edict that forbade them from forcibly converting their slaves to Judaism. You're about 800 years off with this 'Goth' thing.

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

They left the Cathars alone for almost a century, until the loons started murdering priests. Cathars were not a nice cult. And, the Inquisitions were pretty tame stuff compared to what Muslims and their Jewish allies did to Christians, and most of those were probably guilty of swearing false oaths. The Roman Inquisition didn't kill anybody; the Church hardly ever carried out death sentences, and most were symbolic. You always had the option to repent.

You mean the Goths? Most Goths weren't Christians when the Muslims and Jews took over Spain.

Are you stoned? Where do you get 'Goths' from my post??? The Visigoths had Christian king before 400 A.D., in any case; one of the first snivels from Jews in Spain about Da Evul Xians was an edict that forbade them from forcibly converting their slaves to Judaism. You're about 800 years off with this 'Goth' thing.

I really don't know very much about the Goths and Visigoths.. I thought they were Germanic marauders.

The Brutal History Of The Visigoth Kingdom Of Spain ...

• Who Were The Visigoths
  • The Sacking of Rome, and Permanent Stay on The Iberian Peninsula
  • War with The Franks
  • Problem with The Kingdom’s Religious Divisions
  • Cooperation Between Church and State
  • The Legal Decrees and Codes Issued by The Visigothic Rulers
  • End of The Visigoths

The Visigothic kingdom was based in Spain after 507, when the Visigoths were defeated and the Catholic Franks under Clovis killed their king, Alaric II. In alliance with the Burgundians, the Franks drove the Visigoths out of nearly all their possessions in France. The sole remainder of the French Visigothic kingdom was Septimania, which was stationed between the Pyrenees and lower Rhone. The most important rulers in sixth-century Visigothic Spain were Leovigild, who reigned 568–586, and his s...

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Feb 08, 2017 · Cathars were Dualists. That is, they believed in two universal principles, a good God and a bad God, much like the Jehovah and Satan of mainstream Christianity. As Dualists, they belonged to a tradition that was already ancient in the days of Jesus. (The revered Magi in the nativity story were Zoroastrians - Persian Dualists).

they were hedonists, not Gnostics. And they were indeed aggressive. They began murdering Catholics and as a result got a Crusade launched against them, deservedly so. The later Protestant propaganda portraying then as poor hapless innocents is a giant load of rubbish, as is most Protestant propaganda re Catholics. Most of the deaths of Cathars were at the hands of enraged mobs of locals, who knew them a lot better than the waves of apologists who came along hundreds of years later and pulled a lot of garbage out of their asses.

Last edited:

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I really don't know very much about the Goths and Visigoths.. I thought they were Germanic marauders.

The Brutal History Of The Visigoth Kingdom Of Spain ...

• Who Were The Visigoths
  • The Sacking of Rome, and Permanent Stay on The Iberian Peninsula
  • War with The Franks
  • Problem with The Kingdom’s Religious Divisions
  • Cooperation Between Church and State
  • The Legal Decrees and Codes Issued by The Visigothic Rulers
  • End of The Visigoths

The Visigothic kingdom was based in Spain after 507, when the Visigoths were defeated and the Catholic Franks under Clovis killed their king, Alaric II. In alliance with the Burgundians, the Franks drove the Visigoths out of nearly all their possessions in France. The sole remainder of the French Visigothic kingdom was Septimania, which was stationed between the Pyrenees and lower Rhone. The most important rulers in sixth-century Visigothic Spain were Leovigild, who reigned 568–586, and his s...

lol then why bring them up while citing a post about Cathars??? What did they have to with the various Inquisitions?

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

they were hedonists, not Gnostics. And they were indeed aggressive. They began murdering Catholics and as a result got a Crusade launched against them, deservedly so. The later Protestant propaganda portraying then as poor hapless innocents is a giant load of rubbish, as is most Protestant propaganda re Catholics. Most of the deaths of Cathars were at the hands of enraged mobs of locals, who knew them a lot better than the waves of apologists who came along hundreds of years later and pulled a lot of garbage out of their asses.

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I thought the problem was that the Cathars were prosperous.

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The apologists calim otherwise; they claim they rejected wealth n stuff like good Christians allegedly should, as opposed to the Evul Greedy Catholics. They were essentially Satanists for the most part.

This has interesting details about their Christianity.

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The apologists calim otherwise; they claim they rejected wealth n stuff like good Christians allegedly should, as opposed to the Evul Greedy Catholics. They were essentially Satanists for the most part.

I don't think the Cathars were Satanists.. They worshipped the Good God..

They were also in Southern France and Northern Spain.. Probably too far north to have problems with the Muslims.

mb_cathar-Map.jpg

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

They were also in Southern France and Northern Spain.. Probably too far north to have problems with the Muslims.

mb_cathar-Map.jpg

You would be wrong; they had the weird idea that they were already saved, and since the Earth was evil they could do anything they want and still be saved, so they did; they lied, cheated people, engaged in sexual deviancy, and murdered people. Of course the sexual deviancy part is what appeals to most Xian haters today, since that is the primary reason they need to rewrite the theology and philosophy, same as Cathars did then.

And, your links merely proves the Spain region was indeed Christian before the Muslim/Jewish atrocities, and Catholic to boot, and was so by choice, and the Visigoths had to adapt, so we're still waiting on what point that was supposed to make. We know that the Cathars were mostly burned by their outraged neighbors, not rampaging Catholic priests.

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

mb_cathar-Map.jpg

You would be wrong; they had the weird idea that they were already saved, and since the Earth was evil they could do anything they want and still be saved, so they did; they lied, cheated people, engaged in sexual deviancy, and murdered people. Of course the sexual deviancy part is what appeals to most Xian haters today, since that is the primary reason they need to rewrite the theology and philosophy, same as Cathars did then.

And, your links merely proves the Spain region was indeed Christian before the Muslim/Jewish atrocities, and Catholic to boot, and was so by choice, and the Visigoths had to adapt, so we're still waiting on what point that was supposed to make. We know that the Cathars were mostly burned by their outraged neighbors, not rampaging Catholic priests.

I don't think there is any doubt that the Church wanted to exterminate heretics.

Long story short: The Atlantic coast practiced celtic paganism, the mediterranean coast had similar rituals than archaic Greece and Persia, the center combined both.

Long story:
One thing that seemed to be prevalent throughout Spain (Hispania, technically) was solar worship and the notion of cyclic time.

The Celts from the north worshipped the Celtic pantheon with some variations. Lugh seems to have been a big deal for them, along with various fertility deities associated to caves and rivers. There are some proofs of the three-deaths-rituals as well as of human sacrifice.

Both Celts and Celtiberians seemed to have some sort of cults involving blood sacrifices of both humans and animals (the human sacrifice does not involve necesarely killing the person but just make them bleed) There are ceremonial altars left with channels for the blood, and until the XVII centiry many of the rituals pervived, unconvincingly disguised as celebrations of Christ’s passions (on the same rocks people would shelf lash or ask others to lash them) Some of the most low key celebrations involving activities (such a splaying drums)until people bleed are still around.

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

mb_cathar-Map.jpg

I don't think there is any doubt that the Church wanted to exterminate heretics.

Except they didn't, their neighbors did, and the Cathars were around from the 10th Century and the Church didn't move against them until they started murdering priests and robbing their neighbors. Doesn't make the 'Kill All The Heretics!!!' bullshit fake news look good.

Long story short: The Atlantic coast practiced celtic paganism, the mediterranean coast had similar rituals than archaic Greece and Persia, the center combined both.

Long story:
One thing that seemed to be prevalent throughout Spain (Hispania, technically) was solar worship and the notion of cyclic time.

The Celts from the north worshipped the Celtic pantheon with some variations. Lugh seems to have been a big deal for them, along with various fertility deities associated to caves and rivers. There are some proofs of the three-deaths-rituals as well as of human sacrifice.

Both Celts and Celtiberians seemed to have some sort of cults involving blood sacrifices of both humans and animals (the human sacrifice does not involve necesarely killing the person but just make them bleed) There are ceremonial altars left with channels for the blood, and until the XVII centiry many of the rituals pervived, unconvincingly disguised as celebrations of Christ’s passions (on the same rocks people would shelf lash or ask others to lash them) Some of the most low key celebrations involving activities (such a splaying drums)until people bleed are still around.

lol so what? I guess in your mind this means Muslims get to rampage and loot or something? Is that it?

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You know your history. Bravo. :clap:

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

mb_cathar-Map.jpg

Except they didn't, their neighbors did, and the Cathars were around from the 10th Century and the Church didn't move against them until they started murdering priests and robbing their neighbors. Doesn't make the 'Kill All The Heretics!!!' bullshit fake news look good.

Well, the Cathars did accuse the Catholic Church of corruption.

See The Albigensian Crusades.

Long story:

lol so what? I guess in your mind this means Muslims get to rampage and loot or something? Is that it?

You know squat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

100%

Forum List

Back