Are GameSpot's reviews trustworthy?

Trustworthy?

• Total voters

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
In the past I never really gave much thought to GameSpot, or it's reviews, but recently I've been using it quite a bit. However I'm beginning to question the trustworthiness of GameSpot's reviews. For instance all of these titles (except MW2, which is overrated) are underrated by the GameSpot review team (not taking into account critic or user reviews), Resident Evil 3: Nemesis received a 4.7 (link), Alpha Protocol received a 6.0 (link), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PC received an overrated 8.5 (link), whereas Medal of Honor only received a 7.5 (link), Resident Evil: Director's Cut received a 6.9 (link), and countless other reviews that I would argue are fundamentally wrong. So what is your opinion on GameSpot's reviews? Are they usually good? Or are they wrong too often to be fully trustworthy?

Heck, those are some really low scores. I give gamespot props for at least not being 'in the bag' for game companies like so many other game review sites. I mean seriously, read IGN and youd think just about every game for the 360 is some kind of masterpiece. NOT SO.

AAAAAARG! They gave shadow of the colossus an 8.7 when CLEARLY it deserves at least a full 9. Can I change my vote? Gamespot sucks man, they disagree with me so must therefore DIE.

Forum List

Back