Are drivers really clueless?

It is one of those things like driving 55 where 55 is the posted speed limit. If you follow the law, you are a safety hazard.

The correct answer is C. IF you do that, you are going to get smacked.

I'm a definite "C" driver. Stopped at an intersection and listening to the radio, nice and comfortable in my car. Yeah, I can deal with that quite nicely. I also try to stay at or just below the speed limit so that anybody in a hurry usually doesn't choose to stay behind me.

my2¢;2373718 said:
It is one of those things like driving 55 where 55 is the posted speed limit. If you follow the law, you are a safety hazard.

The correct answer is C. IF you do that, you are going to get smacked.

I'm a definite "C" driver. Stopped at an intersection and listening to the radio, nice and comfortable in my car. Yeah, I can deal with that quite nicely. I also try to stay at or just below the speed limit so that anybody in a hurry usually doesn't choose to stay behind me.

Dad ? :eusa_eh:

Depends on where you're at. If everyone else is going 55 you're fine. If everyone else is going 85 you're not.

I read once that a study was done to see how drivers reacted to changed speed limits. They increased the speed limit on a section of road for a few months - then decreased it. what they found was surprising - the posted speed limit had little effect on the actual speed drivers went. When the speed limit was raised - drivers did not tend to go much faster - and vice versa. Their conclusion was that drivers will go whatever speed they feel is safe and ignore posted limits.

Regulations Don't Work!
:lol::rofl:

If you can stop safely you should.

If it requires a panic stop you're better off going through that yellow light.

Forum List

Back