Are 'Anchor Babies' Sinking the American Economy?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by LilOlLady, Jan 15, 2013.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +762

Recently, the 14th Amendment has been evoked to achieve a different effect. The emphasis has dramatically shifted away from rehabilitating ex-slaves and their disenfranchised offspring. No one questions the citizenship of any citizen's children, regardless of race or gender. Everyone agrees that the children of Americans are Americans. Today, however, the 14th Amendment is being used to achieve a different purpose; one that is creating serious cracks in the infrastructure of our country.

Unfortunately, the modern interpretation of the 14th Amendment is subject to regular abuse, with non-residents exploiting its language to facilitate their own residency. The past few decades have seen a rash of pregnant foreigners intentionally giving birth on American soil, in order to ensure citizenship for their offspring, and potentially themselves.

As far as healthcare, illegal aliens give birth to about 340,000 children nation wide each year, imposing tremendous medical costs on hospitals. Several hospitals, including ones in Stockton, CA and Dallas, TX, report as many as 70% of their deliveries are to non-residents. Similarly, since the parents of infant citizens still qualify for welfare in order to protect the child, the Center for Immigration studies estimates nearly $2 billion dollars goes to illegal aliens annually, in the form of food stamps and free lunches.

Over 29% of all education dollars get spent on teaching anchor babies, including over $1 billion dollars teaching English as a second language, according to FAIR. Similarly, several affected states offer Spanish translation services in many public arenas, at an additional cost to the taxpayers. All told, FAIR estimates that as much as $100 billion tax dollars get spent on illegal aliens annually -- this is just in education.

Michealene Cristini Risley: Are 'Anchor Babies' Sinking the American Economy?

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    Granny says dey's illegal Hispexicans...
    :mad:
    Duncan on Mexican Women Who Cross U.S. Border to Give Birth: ‘These Are Our Kids’
    April 17, 2014 – Education Secretary Arne Duncan visited an elementary school in Columbus, N.M. last year where 75 percent of the students live in Mexico but are being educated in the United States because their mothers crossed the border to seek medical help, and their birth here makes them U.S. citizens.

3. elektra

elektra Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,847
    No, the government is sinking the economy using the CFR.

Immigration is a government ruled, regulated, and dictated wedge issue meant to make us appear racist as well as to divide the people.

Government control of Immigration needs to end.

4. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,717

Quite the contrary, and the wedge issue can be removed if we in the GOP honestly reach out to women, Hispanics, and minorities.

The old days are gone, amigos y amigas, ese?

5. elektra

elektra Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,847
    A false premise you present.

The GOP is the women, Hispanics, and minorities of the USA.

6. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,931
    "I thank thee Lord that I am not like those other conservatives.

Those xenophobes, nativists, obsessives about border security, drinkers of tea, and other bitter enders.

For I support comprehensive immigration reform.

I sup with the lords of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the chiefs of the AFL-CIO, and the titans of Silicon Valley.

I am welcomed at the editorial houses of the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal.

I receiveith gold from George Soros, Bill Marriott and Mark Zuckerberg, and praise from the mainstream media, the Gang of Eight, and the princes of tourism.

Although my labors would enrich the treasuries of Corporate Mammon at the expense of the “least among us” of my fellow Americans of all races and ethnicities by lowering their wages and increasing their unemployment—I trust in my own righteousness.

For I am the Pharisee conservative."

John Fonte

The Parable of the Pharisee Conservative | The American Spectator