Are Americans Becoming World-Weary?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Jan 8, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    interesting question

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    in reply to the question - YES

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    If attacked, would the Russians, Chinese, and Indians, directly retaliate against the Saudi-Wahhabis? Did Wahhabi money support last year’s Beslan carnage? Certainly Wahhabi money is linked to the Islam inspired civil war in Chechnya. Yet the Russians have done nothing to directly attack Wahhabism in its lair in Saudi Arabia. Why has America failed to directly attack the Saudi source of Wahhabi funding and ideology? When will America defend itself against these sociopaths? Wahhabism is a virulent cancer that is metastasizing throughout the world.

---

4. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Excellent article. That pretty much sums up my attitudes.

5. TheEnemyWithin

TheEnemyWithin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I may have interpreted your question a bit differently, but yes I am weary of the word "world", because every time a liberal opens his/her jaws, something sputters out about "the world", "reaching out to the EU," "the United Nations," etc. Maybe we should say "mundo" instead, since the R.D.D.B.s are wearing out the other word.

P.S. And no, "Worlds of Fun" doesn't seem as enjoyable as it used to. :D

6. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Victor Hanson always has something worthwhile to say. He makes you think about all the various angles of current issues.

Yes, I think Americans are becoming world weary. We shouldn't have to do it all, and we don't want to do it all anymore. Other countries should step up to the plate and accept some responsibility for the "neighborhood". In the years immediately following WWII, they were not able to help; they had to rebuild their own countries. Almost 60 years have passed since that time. They have gotten back on their feet and now have the resources to carry some of this load.

If all the countries that have made pledges for South Asia disaster relief actually come through with the money, it looks like the tide may be turning. They are beginning to use some of their own resources when there is a global need--instead of expecting America to do it all. I say more power to them and hope that their newfound sense of responsibility for the "neighborhood" continues.