Arafat

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by preemptingyou03, Apr 24, 2004.

1. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    What is everyone's opinion on Israel killing Arafat? Should they? Shouldn't they?

I feel that if he's killed, it'll cause a whole shitload of problems and terrorism. But then again... terrorism will get worse before it is defeated. We might as well inflame radicalism sooner than later. Arafat has blood on his hands.

The entire world's anti-Israeli stance is quite pathetic.

If I were Bush, I'd give Israel a green light to not only kill Arafat, but to take out all of Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

2. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'll tell you this, Arafat-ass is definitely a Terrorist himself, no matter what he says.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    We're the big owners of the World. Israel is our pit-bull. We keep the pit-bull on a leash as best as we can, but sometimes if people get too close to it, they get bit. If anyone wants to be stupid enough to test the Pit-bulls range, then they deserve what they get.

4. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I read in the paper today that Sharon has relieved himself of the promise(not sure exactly how to word this, he seeems to think that he has Bush's understanding on this) he made to Bush not to assassinate Fatty.

I wonder if Arafat will be killed in coming weeks.
    Thoughts? I can see both plusses and minuses, the minus being further polarizing the conflict.

IMO, if he is ordering terrorist activity-- take him out.

5. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You said the negative is futher polarizing the conflict and I can agree with that originally but... if you think about it, we should want to polarize the conflict.

What people fear is losing moderate Muslims to radicalism. What I say is, who cares now... that's the step we must take. We must fight terrorism and if it inflames radicalism for a long time, so be it. Freedom will win in the end. That much is certain.

6. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    touché.

I suppose you can't further polarize the cause of peace, on the one hand, and the cause of mass-murder.

I guess the more terrorists that are subdued, the more opportunity we give to non-extremist muslims and the rest of the world for that matter.

7. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I think he should have been killed 30 years ago. I do not understand why that man is alive today. He's been a terrorist all his life and should be on the most wanted list right beside bin laden. I say kill him, the sooner the better, and when they have his funeral MOAB the place. Moderates are just fence sitters. Put a little fear in them and they will come off the fence on the right side. They come off on the wrong side they get to join the rest of the scum. Preferably buried in pig entrails.

8. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I think Israel should do what they need to do. If the U.S. or Israel hold back on things like this,then the terrorists have won the game. They could care less,if they kill him or not,they are still going to terrorise the Hell out of Israel. Has anything stopped or gotten better because they have let the pathetic sob live up until now. He is the grandfather of terroism and it's time for his generation to go. I really feel for Israel,they have the world picking on and critisizing their every move. They live with fear on a daily basis,yet are smart mouthed by smart ass Europoean countries for defending themselves. We all know the wonderful human rights record that Europe has as well. If Bush doesn't support him on it then oh well,he won't stop being their friend. I personally believe that publically,Bush would not support it,but behind the scenes he would.

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Its like on Tough Crowd. Colin was pretending to be Sharon talking to Bush. Bush was telling him how he doesnt "approve" of these attacks. Sharon was saying "Oh yes i know they are terrible. We wouldnt dare respond to such horrible atrocities." All the while he's on the phone loading his uzis and surface to air missle launcher and then at one point puts his hand over the phone and says to a subordinant, "Here take the keys to the tank, its loaded and gased up already".

I think Isreal needs to take care of business cause no one is going to help them. Even us because our democrats have our hands tied. Which is ironic because of all the Jewish people that are members of the Dem party.

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Araft is no better than OBL or the Hamas guy they killed a few weeks ago. The only difference is that Arafat quit the terrorist game and turned his terrorist organization (the PLO) into a quasi-governmental body.

I will certainly drink to this man's death, as I will for OBL's.