AR-15s are cheaper than SKSs now. Clown World!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
And it's pretty much the only up side to this clown world we find ourselves in thus far.

PSA is the Elon Musk of the gun world.....You can easily put a decent PSA AR together for around $400.00 not counting shipping/transfer/rear BUIS.....I see lightly used "name brand" ARs for that price everywhere now.

It's hard for me to even wrap my head around that an AR can be had for under $400. Hell you can't hardly even buy a refurbed Mosin 91/30 for that price anymore.

And it's pretty much the only up side to this clown world we find ourselves in thus far.

PSA is the Elon Musk of the gun world.....You can easily put a decent PSA AR together for around $400.00 not counting shipping/transfer/rear BUIS.....I see lightly used "name brand" ARs for that price everywhere now.

It's hard for me to even wrap my head around that an AR can be had for under $400. Hell you can't hardly even buy a refurbed Mosin 91/30 for that price anymore.

Never bought an AR kit from PSA, but I have bought some parts from them, and I think it's generally good quality hardware. These are amazing prices in a Bidenflation world.

Too bad ammo is still so damn expensive.

But nothing is more ironic than having a commie gun to protect yourself against commies.
ARs are more accurate.

I remember SKSs being $85-$115

I had some guns at the time, took a look at the bullets for it and went :puke:

Not for me.

Last edited:
Funny .. I remember buying an SKS back in 1992/1993-ish time and the surplus items were about $75.00 / each.
Yeah, I call that the SKS Syndrome......It's not the early 90s anymore.

69779 (2).JPG

Roses ad from around that time period.....You can't touch that $49.00 Finnish M91 for much under $600.00. now.

It wasn't long ago I happened to look at SKS prices and had to change my underwear......... It's not even close to worth the money people are asking for it. Reminds me of the phrase, "There's as sucker born every minute".

It wasn't long ago I happened to look at SKS prices and had to change my underwear......... It's not even close to worth the money people are asking for it. Reminds me of the phrase, "There's as sucker born every minute".
You have the SKS Syndrome.

I read once, some years ago, where a "lowly" Chi-Com SKS, if made today by the same standards, would cost $1500.00+ to manufacture. IMHO they are underpriced for what you get.

You should also keep in mind the value of the dollar. That $129.00 in the 1990 dollars is worth $303.00 today so a mil-surp who's importation has dried up that is commanding $600.00+ is not out of the ballpark at all.

Again, look at that $49.00 Finned M91.....Depending on the condition/pedigree, $450 - $600+.

You have the SKS Syndrome.

I read once, some years ago, where a "lowly" Chi-Com SKS, if made today by the same standards, would cost $1500.00+ to manufacture. IMHO they are underpriced for what you get.

You should also keep in mind the value of the dollar. That $129.00 in the 1990 dollars is worth $303.00 today so a mil-surp who's importation has dried up that is commanding $600.00+ is not out of the ballpark at all.

Again, look at that $49.00 Finned M91.....Depending on the condition/pedigree, $450 - $600+.
Well I guess I do have the "SKS Syndrome" and I will not be buying one considering I have my ARs and I'll stick with them.
Yeah, I'm aware of the inflationary and supply factors, I still don't think they're worth the money people are asking. Doesn't make me wrong just makes me biased.

Well I guess I do have the "SKS Syndrome" and I will not be buying one considering I have my ARs and I'll stick with them.
Yeah, I'm aware of the inflationary and supply factors, I still don't think they're worth the money people are asking. Doesn't make me wrong just makes me biased.
Well they won't be getting any cheaper the longer you wait. ;)

Utter madness, considering I bought my first SKS (actual Russian model, wood stock) for $99 back in the day because the AK model was way more popular ($110-150).

Now if you want to acquire an SKS, the prices are nearing a grand or more.

Utter madness, considering I bought my first SKS (actual Russian model, wood stock) for $99 back in the day because the AK model was way more popular ($110-150).

Now if you want to acquire an SKS, the prices are nearing a grand or more.
Atlantic Firearms got in a shipment of Yugo 59/66 SKSs the other day and I was like WTF! $759.00 before shipping and transfer.....And they sold out in no time!

Easily the worst SKS available.....Way too heavy with non-chromed bore.

Forum List

Back