Apple stock split?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Apple's stock is right around $200 - standing at $199.02 right now. Every time the stock hits this (every 2 years or so), Apple splits their stock.

Do you think Apple will be splitting their stock soon since it A: Is right around $200 and B: It's been 2 years since they split their stock?

With the upcoming Apple Tablet or Macbook Touch, which will revolutionize computing, will Apple split its stock again? And if so, will you buy Apple stock before the split?

mactablet082009s.jpg_20090820_13_12_38_47-341-400.imageContent

:lol:

yea. right.

Care to explain, from a technical angle, why you don't think that this will boost Apple sales, since Windoze 7 can't compete with touch screen yet (the drivers they initially were using failed and MS is having a hard time figuring out the problem)?

As I said, I personally hate touch screen, but it's a big seller gimick, and Apple has pretty much cornered the market on it.

Touch screen technology has been around since I was a little kid.

Why is it so popular now?

It's like those skin tight jeans guys are wearing. They were cool 20 or 30 years ago, but why NOW?

It's like those skin tight jeans guys are wearing. They were cool 20 or 30 years ago, but why NOW?

Really, I don't know the answer to why some things become more popular decades later, however there was a recent advancement to them that could be the answer. Touch screen has been limited to only one touch at a time, multiple touches average between the two, but recently they have put a little more effort into multiple touch tracking, allowing you to touch and access more than one point on the screen at a time. While this is not really new either, they have nearly perfected it. Actually, it's the only appeal to touch screen for me at all.

Steve Jobs is going to start tight rolling his jeans again and people like Kitten Koder are going to orgasm right after insisting that apple invented stone washed jeans.

Surfacescapes: D&D On Microsoft Surface | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Not strictly PC gaming, but it’s nevertheless fascinating. It shows Carnegie Mellon’s proof of concept application for running a D&D game on Microsoft Surface and, well, that zoomable fantasy world map is about the most alluring piece of nerd-kit I have ever seen. I mean, I love maps at the worst of times, but that is simple too much. What’s even more interesting about it is the way that in terms of interaction, it hybridises boardgame conceits – maps, dice, and physical surfaces – with videogame processes – having menus and automated computation. Pen and paper games become “screen ‘n’ finger” games?

:rofl:

Steve Jobs is going to start tight rolling his jeans again and people like Kitten Koder are going to orgasm right after insisting that apple invented stone washed jeans.

Well Algore invented the Internet, so anything is possible.

MICROSOFT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-BTwHAEECs]YouTube - Surfacescapes Demo Walkthrough[/ame]

I don't know anything about any tight rolling of jeans :eusa_whistle:

Um ... I still have never owned an Apple product. :eusa_whistle:

as if that keeps you from bearing your apple cross the second MS is brought up..

as if that keeps you from bearing your apple cross the second MS is brought up..

Um ... are you unable to read? This thread is about Apple ... you brought MS into it.

Forum List

Back