Apple predictably launches PR sham

I don't use Macs, I run Linux...so don't call me an Apple boy" for saying this..
Why is everyone picking on Apple? You think Foxconn, the worlds largest employer...where one location alone employs 400,000 people - JUST MAKE APPLE PRODUCTS???
Whatever.
The truth is you would be faaar fetched to by any consumer device where parts do not come from Foxconn. Go ahead and even try to buy a major brand computer that does not use Foxconn.
I am mystified why everyone is picking on Apple.....EVERY MAJOR COMPUTER MANUFACTURER USES FOXCONN.

Are they required to? Probably because contemporary American corps are in a "race to the bottom" inre: wages. Sad that. That is one reason the President asked an Apple Exec why they don't manufacture them here in this great nation.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/b...d-a-squeezed-middle-class.html?pagewanted=all

You know why those jobs aren't coming back? So Apple can maximize profits to the detriment of its line-workers
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/b...d-a-squeezed-middle-class.html?pagewanted=all
“If it’s the pinnacle of capitalism, we should be worried.”

Again - why are you stuck on Apple?
Apple built their systems in America till the iMac...that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy longer than any other manufacturer.

I challenge you to read up on Job's decision to go to Foxconn.
As an example the iMac - the price was going to be $800 more if they didn;t go to China.
That is the rock in a hard place Apple has been in for years. I bet you didn;t know that Apple nearly collapsed in 2003....they were literally weeks before bankruptcy - and part of that reason was keeping their systems made in America.
Americans are not interested in American made - they just want to say they are. Apple has been catching flack for yeeeeeaaars for having high-cost hardware - and now they catch flack for having made them cheaper.

cheaper? :wtf: They have more profit than Exxon. Why do they need to squeeze every dime of profit possible to the detriment of the workforce? So some American Tweener can buy a new I-Pad every year made by a 13 yr old in Asia?

Are they required to? Probably because contemporary American corps are in a "race to the bottom" inre: wages. Sad that. That is one reason the President asked an Apple Exec why they don't manufacture them here in this great nation.

You know why those jobs aren't coming back? So Apple can maximize profits to the detriment of its line-workers

Apple built their systems in America till the iMac...that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy longer than any other manufacturer.

As an example the iMac - the price was going to be $800 more if they didn;t go to China.
That is the rock in a hard place Apple has been in for years. I bet you didn;t know that Apple nearly collapsed in 2003....they were literally weeks before bankruptcy - and part of that reason was keeping their systems made in America.
Americans are not interested in American made - they just want to say they are. Apple has been catching flack for yeeeeeaaars for having high-cost hardware - and now they catch flack for having made them cheaper.

cheaper? :wtf: They have more profit than Exxon. Why do they need to squeeze every dime of profit possible to the detriment of the workforce? So some American Tweener can buy a new I-Pad every year made by a 13 yr old in Asia?

again - so does every other maker (use Foxconn)
You have a Dell?...Foxconn
You have an Acer"...Foxconn
You have an HP compuet/printer?...Foxconn
YOu have Sony laptop?....Foxconn

I can go on and on.

To be fair... Apple could easily make their stuff in the US since they are taking a large premium on their stuff.

Apple puts a a huuuuge amount of money in R&D.
Everyone knows of the success of the iPhone, how many know of the painfully expensive failures that preceded the iPhone? How many people know that the iPhone was not Apple's first venture into the cell business?
A company like Apple MUST make substantial profits during the good times in order to survive future failures. Apple is a dynamic, innovative company that accepts risk as a partner to success (correctly).

LOL Apple does NOT put huge amounts of money in R&D. Almost all of its technology is either from copying or buying from other companies. Its chips come from 3rd party, its screens, its ram and so on and so on. They take existing technology and put it in a pretty box... and making a pretty box aint expensive.

Samsung uses more money on R&D than Apple.. LG does, Sony does, Intel does.

again - so does every other maker (use Foxconn)
You have a Dell?...Foxconn
You have an Acer"...Foxconn
You have an HP compuet/printer?...Foxconn
YOu have Sony laptop?....Foxconn

I can go on and on.

Foxconn is the worlds biggest semi conductor bits parts maker so is not a big shocker. Difference is that Foxconn that does 100% of the putting together for Apple.

Last edited:
Apple owner or simply don't care about the human condition? Noted :)

Anyway here is what is supposed to be their mission statement:
Apple Inc. - Frequently Asked Questions
What is Apple's mission statement?
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.

Can a mission statement get anymore soulless than that :eusa_eh:

The hypocrisy of the left is noted. Since Apple is a 'darling' of the left wing.
..................and Linux is the "darling" of the intelligent.:cool:
I'm working on a motherboard but I chose a free nation with REAL labor regulations to have it produced in.
I'm considering the cost of the board to be the same as the joy of OEM Winblow$ 7 "Ultimate", but with any profit over production costs to go directly to the Childrens Eternal Rainforest.
The motherboard will have inboard NOTHING and include a dvd of a Linux distro ( to be determined at the time of release --certainly Debian based) with a list of recommended non-Nazi hardware......if that is even possible.

I shamefully post this "nonsense" on a box with a Foxxcon board. The Acer board ( Thailand-relatively good to it's peones) hasn't cleared customs yet.

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. President
5.gif

President Obama Touts
President Obama urged manufacturers to bring jobs back to the U.S. "Right now we have an excellent opportunity to bring manufacturing back-- but we have to seize it,"

Call it "insourcing," "onshoring," or "reshoring." The trend, while small, may pick up pace, as Harold Sirkin, a partner at Boston Consulting Group, tells Dan in the accompanying video. Sirkin, who has advised President Obama on the topic, is one of the co-authors of a lengthy report, Made in America — Again, which makes the case for an impending wave of reshoring.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back