Apple, Cisco and eBay contractors cited for wage theft, barred from H-1B visa program

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
They are only the tip of the iceberg. I remember last year when big companies were complaining they couldn't find workers and then laid off thousands of workers.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/...s-cited-for-wage-theft.html?ana=yahoo&ref=yfp

immigration%20levels8.gif

American Workers Matter: A Chicago Wake and Wake-Up Call
Time to rally against H-1B visa corruption.
April 14, 2016
Michelle Malkin
startup-visa.jpg

Circle this date on your calendar: April 22. I'll be in Chicago that day attending what may be a very significant milestone in American politics and domestic policy. It's going to be a wake and a wake-up call, part memorial and part protest.

If you are a so-called American "STEM worker" in science, technology, engineering or math, if you have college-age children studying in the STEM fields, or if you have younger children who aspire to work in STEM industries and you are concerned for their future, you should do everything you can to join us.

April 22 is the last day of work for nearly 200 American workers at Abbott Laboratories, the pharmaceutical giant founded by Chicago doctor Wallace C. Abbott in 1888. The company sacked some of its most high-skilled workers in February to make way for H-1B and L-1 visa replacements from Indian offshore outsourcing firm Wipro.

One Abbott worker, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation, told me: "We were given an agreement which basically says that in order to get compensation you must sign away your rights to sue or disparage the company. I have 3 small children and a wife to provide for — I have nowhere to go because of the H1-B visa loopholes" that "every major company" is exploiting.

Intimidation. Layoffs. "Dig your own grave" severance agreements contingent on training foreign replacements before getting the boot on 60 days' notice. Promises from Washington to "end H-1B abuse" that is entirely legal because it was baked into the gargantuan immigration law cake crafted by self-serving lobbyists for Big Business working on both sides of the political aisle.

Sara Blackwell, a Florida lawyer and mom of three, knows this pattern well. She's representing American tech workers at Disney who suffered the same fate and are fighting back with a lawsuit against the entertainment conglomerate and its Indian offshore outsourcing conspirators, HCL and Cognizant. It was Blackwell's brilliant idea to hold a memorial for the terminated Abbott workers.

She's inviting the pink-slipped Abbott casualties' colleagues, families, friends, supporters, other compatriots "affected by the outsourcing or offshoring of American jobs," and, Blackwell urges, anyone else across the country "who cares about the American worker and the future of America."

American Workers Matter: A Chicago Wake and Wake-Up Call

Forum List

Back