APNewsBreak: Russia caught bomb suspect on wiretap

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Russian authorities secretly recorded a telephone conversation in 2011 in which one of the Boston bombing suspects vaguely discussed jihad with his mother, officials said Saturday, days after the U.S. government finally received details about the call.

In another conversation, the mother of now-dead bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was recorded talking to someone in southern Russia who is under FBI investigation in an unrelated case, officials said.

The conversations are significant because, had they been revealed earlier, they might have been enough evidence for the FBI to initiate a more thorough investigation of the Tsarnaev family.

As it was, Russian authorities told the FBI only that they had concerns that Tamerlan and his mother were religious extremists. With no additional information, the FBI conducted a limited inquiry and closed the case in June 2011

My Way News - APNewsBreak: Russia caught bomb suspect on wiretap

The Boi King knew.

We knew this a week ago. We also know the FBI investigated, found nothing, contacted the Russians for more info ans were provided with nothing.

I highly doubt every warning about individuals potentially linked to terrorism make their way to the president.

Bullshit. The FBI and CIA were warned about Tamerlan and when the bombs went off, they couldn't even ID him?! Congress needs to stop importing terrorists. 15, 000 students here on visas are not attending school, why are they still here??

I suppose we should start rounding up everyone ever accused of religious extremism. Damn fundies totally suck.

Forum List

Back