Apartment Complex Owners - Society's Biggest Fools ?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by protectionist, Oct 20, 2014.

1. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,324
    ya, the flaming idiots. Thing is I do not know an apartment complex owner that is ppor so they must be doing some thing right. My guess is they are smarter than the renter! Ya, you are smarter than the guy you pay rent to. I bet you are smarter than your boss to!

2. protectionist

protectionist Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,816
    You don't have to be smart to be an apartment complex owner. You just need millions of $$ handed down to you, from your MOMMY & DADDY, that's all.

PS - the word "too" (as you used it - meaning also) has 2 o's in it. Back to the 4th grade for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,816
    I didn't say they don't exist. YOU said that. I just said we have thing under control here, and we already have all the criteria we need.

4. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,816
    Everything I've said in the post of mine you quoted is more than enough for you to know what to do in qualifying renters. For you to post what you've posted, shows me you're either a "follow the leader" fool, or you have some other interest in having a 3x the rent rule.

In any case, one thing can't be denied. If you rent to people with incomes of 3x the rent, you're mostly renting to younger people with JOBS (here today; gone tomorrow). If you rent to people with Social Security and/or VA incomes, (as long are those incomes are more than $500 above the rent), and with excellent housing payment records, then you are renting to much more reliable renters.

Like I said, all our evictions were young people with JOB incomes over 3x the rent. None were seniors on Social Security (well below 3x the rent).

You're the kind of guy who (when I owned my own business) I used to fire, because they cost me money, by chasing away perfectly good customers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,083
    My customer service skills are excellent. And they are not the topic. If you are living on what you say you are living on, either you were not a very successful business owner or you were a fool with your money.

6. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,816
    Bank accounts are usually not even noted by apartment complexes. I know of a couple who are living in their large van, because their combined income is less than 3x the rent. They have $30,000 in the bank.

They even offered to pay the whole 1 year lease in advance (about $12,000). Apartment complex wouldn't take it. Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,816
    I was a VERY successful business owner - but that was 30-35 years ago. I did lose quite a bit of money in the 1990-91 and 2008 recessions, but most people who lost money, lost much more than I did. I wouldn't call them all a "fool".

Then, when you get old, and can't really work anymore (if anyone would even hire you at this age), you'll be surprised how things change. Lots of riches to rags stories out there. Even top movie stars and atheletes (Burt Reynolds, Larry King, Nicholas Cage, Mike Tyson, etc)

PS - who said anything about "customer service skills" ?

55 Stars Who've Gone Broke

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,083
    You said something about customer service skills when you talked about firing people who ran away customers.

9. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,324
    Ya you are the big expert on every thing arent you! Ya, I do not take time to spell check on some thing like this, I have better things to do! Meanwhile a renter is not going to tell me shit about life! You remind me of one of my old employees, he was an expert on every thing also! After a while I got tired of his mouth and excuses and fired his ass. So your mommy told you you were special and you believed. Keep going with that dumb fuck!

10. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,816
    No I didn't. They didn't get fired because of customer service. They got fired becausr they checked with credit scores, and disqualified customers based on that. (thereby causing me to lose money.