Apartment Complex Owners - Society's Biggest Fools ?

It could be an unintended consequence of an existing regulation. Let me explain...

Some (many?) states do not allow people to garnish social security, disability, or welfare payments. This means if a disability recipient rents my house and trashes it, I can take them to court for damages, but I can't garnish their gov't income....which means I'll never get the money.

Result? I don't count those as sources of income.
Guess who trashes apartments. It ain't old people.
ya, the flaming idiots. Thing is I do not know an apartment complex owner that is ppor so they must be doing some thing right. My guess is they are smarter than the renter! Ya, you are smarter than the guy you pay rent to. I bet you are smarter than your boss to!

ya, the flaming idiots. Thing is I do not know an apartment complex owner that is ppor so they must be doing some thing right. My guess is they are smarter than the renter! Ya, you are smarter than the guy you pay rent to. I bet you are smarter than your boss to!
You don't have to be smart to be an apartment complex owner. You just need millions of $$ handed down to you, from your MOMMY & DADDY, that's all.

PS - the word "too" (as you used it - meaning also) has 2 o's in it. Back to the 4th grade for you.

So facts are irrelevant. Since you don't see them in your apartment complex, they don't exist. What a surprise.
I didn't say they don't exist. YOU said that. I just said we have thing under control here, and we already have all the criteria we need.

Yeah because as an apartment complex owner I want my investment to be known as projects.....and no, people making below three times are not the best renters at all. If you want guaranteed payments, you do Section 8. If you are interested in not having our investment lose value, you do not rent to people who can barely scrap by.
Everything I've said in the post of mine you quoted is more than enough for you to know what to do in qualifying renters. For you to post what you've posted, shows me you're either a "follow the leader" fool, or you have some other interest in having a 3x the rent rule.

In any case, one thing can't be denied. If you rent to people with incomes of 3x the rent, you're mostly renting to younger people with JOBS (here today; gone tomorrow). If you rent to people with Social Security and/or VA incomes, (as long are those incomes are more than $500 above the rent), and with excellent housing payment records, then you are renting to much more reliable renters.

Like I said, all our evictions were young people with JOB incomes over 3x the rent. None were seniors on Social Security (well below 3x the rent).

You're the kind of guy who (when I owned my own business) I used to fire, because they cost me money, by chasing away perfectly good customers.

Yeah because as an apartment complex owner I want my investment to be known as projects.....and no, people making below three times are not the best renters at all. If you want guaranteed payments, you do Section 8. If you are interested in not having our investment lose value, you do not rent to people who can barely scrap by.
Everything I've said in the post of mine you quoted is more than enough for you to know what to do in qualifying renters. For you to post what you've posted shows me you're either a "follow the leader" fool, or you have some other interest in having a 3x the rent rule.

In any case, one thing can't be denied. If you rent to people with incomes of 3x the rent, you're renting to younger people with JOBS (here today; gone tomorrow). If you rent to people with Social Security and/or VA incomes, (as long are those incomes are more than $500 above the rent), and with excellent housing payment records, then you are renting to much more reliable renters.

Like I said, all our evictions were young people with JOB incomes over 3x the rent. None were seniors on Social Security (well below 3x the rent).

You're the kind of guy who (when I owned my own business) I used to fire, because they cost me money, by chasing away perfectly good customers.

My customer service skills are excellent. And they are not the topic. If you are living on what you say you are living on, either you were not a very successful business owner or you were a fool with your money.

Apartment complexes and everything that is rented needs to be overseen by independent, fair market oriented folks. Buying up real estate with syndicate money and raising rents so that the apartment or retail or whatever is vacant for 3 years means there is a problem. By the way, my apartment is very expensive and they have never asked about my income ever even during a renewal because I guess they have access to one of my bank account totals.
Bank accounts are usually not even noted by apartment complexes. I know of a couple who are living in their large van, because their combined income is less than 3x the rent. They have $30,000 in the bank.

They even offered to pay the whole 1 year lease in advance (about $12,000). Apartment complex wouldn't take it. Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

My customer service skills are excellent. And they are not the topic. If you are living on what you say you are living on, either you were not a very successful business owner or you were a fool with your money.
I was a VERY successful business owner - but that was 30-35 years ago. I did lose quite a bit of money in the 1990-91 and 2008 recessions, but most people who lost money, lost much more than I did. I wouldn't call them all a "fool".

Then, when you get old, and can't really work anymore (if anyone would even hire you at this age), you'll be surprised how things change. Lots of riches to rags stories out there. Even top movie stars and atheletes (Burt Reynolds, Larry King, Nicholas Cage, Mike Tyson, etc)

PS - who said anything about "customer service skills" ?

55 Stars Who've Gone Broke

I was a VERY successful business owner - but that was 30-35 years ago. I did lose quite a bit of money in the 1990-91 and 2008 recessions, but most people who lost money, lost much more than I did. I wouldn't call them all a "fool".

Then, when you get old, and can't really work anymore (if anyone would even hire you at this age), you'll be surprised how things change. Lots of riches to rags stories out there. Even top movie stars and atheletes (Burt Reynolds, Larry King, Nicholas Cage, Mike Tyson, etc)

PS - who said anything about "customer service skills" ?

55 Stars Who've Gone Broke

You said something about customer service skills when you talked about firing people who ran away customers.

You don't have to be smart to be an apartment complex owner. You just need millions of $$ handed down to you, from your MOMMY & DADDY, that's all.

PS - the word "too" (as you used it - meaning also) has 2 o's in it. Back to the 4th grade for you.
Ya you are the big expert on every thing arent you! Ya, I do not take time to spell check on some thing like this, I have better things to do! Meanwhile a renter is not going to tell me shit about life! You remind me of one of my old employees, he was an expert on every thing also! After a while I got tired of his mouth and excuses and fired his ass. So your mommy told you you were special and you believed. Keep going with that dumb fuck!

You said something about customer service skills when you talked about firing people who ran away customers.
No I didn't. They didn't get fired because of customer service. They got fired becausr they checked with credit scores, and disqualified customers based on that. (thereby causing me to lose money.

Ya you are the big expert on every thing arent you! Ya, I do not take time to spell check on some thing like this, I have better things to do! Meanwhile a renter is not going to tell me shit about life! You remind me of one of my old employees, he was an expert on every thing also! After a while I got tired of his mouth and excuses and fired his ass. So your mommy told you you were special and you believed. Keep going with that dumb fuck!
I'm not going to tell you about life (future tense). I already told you about life (past tense)

Once is enough. If you can't get it, that's YOUR problem. :biggrin:

I'm not going to tell you about life (future tense). I already told you about life (past tense)

Your an idiot STFU

"Scrape by" is not the criteria. Housing payment record is (assuming incomer and chosen rental rate are about the same)

If you are interested in not having your investment lose value, you do not rent to people who have high chance of eviction. That is young people with insecure JOBS (here today gone tomorrow), more so than retired people with secure Social Security and VA pension incomes.

No I didn't. They didn't get fired because of customer service. They got fired becausr they checked with credit scores, and disqualified customers based on that. (thereby causing me to lose money.

So they weren't supposed to check credit scores? Just sell, on credit, to whomever walked through the door? No wonder you don't have any money left.

Your an idiot STFU

Just don't call him a "dumbass". He will call the Sheriff on you and you will go to jail. :abgg2q.jpg:

Your an idiot STFU

Just don't call him a "dumbass". He will call the Sheriff on you and you will go to jail. :abgg2q.jpg:
I am done listeningto his crap! He does not rate bright enough to consider!

It could be an unintended consequence of an existing regulation. Let me explain...

Some (many?) states do not allow people to garnish social security, disability, or welfare payments. This means if a disability recipient rents my house and trashes it, I can take them to court for damages, but I can't garnish their gov't income....which means I'll never get the money.

Try doing your job and vetting all new tenants.
3 times the amount of the rent is why there are so many homeless people!! It's ridiculous! (And I know from experience since I am now retired from 45+ years as a property manager. I NEVER asked 3 times the rent. And I ALWAYS had great tenants).

Guess who trashes apartments. It ain't old people.
My brother had a house he could not rent, so he offered it to a Deputy Sheriff rent free for just keeping it up. So far the place looks like a million bucks and the cop has arrested seven people in the area. Hey it is not a bad idea.

Try doing your job and vetting all new tenants.
3 times the amount of the rent is why there are so many homeless people!! It's ridiculous! (And I know from experience since I am now retired from 45+ years as a property manager. I NEVER asked 3 times the rent. And I ALWAYS had great tenants).

This is the typical mentality of the modern 'business community' out there these days. They think they can raise their prices indefinitely while doing everything possible to hold wages down and drive them even lower, and still have all kinds of customers. They papers claim there is some sort of 'boom' going on, so they raise their prices, only to find there is no 'boom' for wage earners, just for those selling to flippers. And, even that 'boom' is faltering.

I'm still laughing at the tards who built those big high end houses in the neighborhoods around here, still sitting there with 'For Sale' signs on them a year later, built with cheap criminal illegal alien labor and worth less than half of what they need to sell them for to break even. Meanwhile I'm having to kick out for appraisals every year because the County loves to jack up real states taxes based on these ridiculous 'appraisals' on these idiots' over-built junk piles they haven't even sold yet.

Forum List

Back