Apaches defeated the Spaniards?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
In the beginning, New Spain was on the Great Plains. But around 1820, a neutral territory appeared there, which was not part of either Mexico or the United States. It turns out that the Apaches defeated Spain?

I don't know about the "neutral territory" but Apache raids were the main reason that led Mexico to make the biggest mistake in the history of the country: allowing thousands of anglos to immigrate to California and Coahuilla y Tejas.

• Banned
I don't know about the "neutral territory" but Apache raids were the main reason that led Mexico to make the biggest mistake in the history of the country: allowing thousands of anglos to immigrate to California and Coahuilla y Tejas.
There are no аnglоs

800px-Haplogroup_Q_%28Y-DNA%29.PNG

In the beginning, New Spain was on the Great Plains. But around 1820, a neutral territory appeared there, which was not part of either Mexico or the United States. It turns out that the Apaches defeated Spain?
Do you mean the Comancheria? Yes, its the Comanche Empire. Its not the Apache its the Comanche. The Comanhce drove out the Apache, Spanish and everyone else from this region.

Originally posted by rupol2000
There are no аnglоs

Call them whatever you want:

English speaking Mexicans, beaners from the North, etc, etc...

I makes no difference...

Allowing them to settle Mexico's northern provinces was the biggest mistake ever commited by that country.

• Banned
No Apache, it was the Comanche.
I think that it could only be the Apaches, because the Apaches were the most warlike tribe that could resist the imperial masses of slaves and mercenaries. The Comanches were savages-hunters.

I think that it could only be the Apaches, because the Apaches were the most warlike tribe that could resist the imperial masses of slaves and mercenaries. The Comanches were savages-hunters.

The US Cavalry said that the Comanche were the best light horsemen in history.

And there is a reason the Apache lived in the mountains of NM and AZ. The Apache were kicked off their original tribal lands by the Comanche.

Nope it was the Comanches, they thought the Apache’s were a bunch of wussies. Apaches were infantry which limited their strategic mobility, the Comanches were light cavalry. My Great great grandmother was a Comanche. From the stories she told me in her old age, Comanches were NOT nice people.

Given what they had seen as far as how the Native Americans were treated, especially if they were nice to the white people, not being nice was a survival technique.
They were doing it to each other long before Columbus failed on his voyage to China. According to my great great grandmother who was 100% Comanche, the “noble savage” was a white man’s myth.

Conquestadors who ventured out of Central America to what is now the U.S. in their insane search for gold probably were exhausted and suffering from a world of problems do to non-existent supply chain that originated in far off Spain. Easy prey for Native Americans.
Comanche were no joke. They discovered the horse and took to it like no one since the Mongols. Apache, tonkawa, kiowa, kickapoo, Spanish, lakotah, cheyenne, all were stomped by the Comanche.

The Apache avoided the Comanche. The Comanche were the most brutal and best fighting force.
This does not match the real data. Savage hunters have never been advanced in military affairs, their counterpart in Asia is the Evenks, they are also fishermen and hunters. They could only form a slave army of empire, but then it is not clear how they could oppose the slaves of the empire itself.

These were the Inde (Apache), warlike tribes. There is no doubt.

Nope it was the Comanches, they thought the Apache’s were a bunch of wussies. Apaches were infantry which limited their strategic mobility, the Comanches were light cavalry. My Great great grandmother was a Comanche. From the stories she told me in her old age, Comanches were NOT nice people.

This is nonsense, the Apaches were cavalry, they were the most skilled riders in America.

This does not match the real data. Savage hunters have never been advanced in military affairs, their counterpart in Asia is the Evenks, they are also fishermen and hunters. They could only form a slave army of empire, but then it is not clear how they could oppose the slaves of the empire itself.

These were the Inde (Apache), warlike tribes. There is no doubt.

The Comanche mastered the art of mounted warfare. They were the best at it. And that comes from the US Cavalry.

Not sure why you call the Comanche "savage hunters". Few tribes that settled into an agricultural community were considered the most warlike tribes.

Yes, the Apache avoided the Comanche and relocated after being attacked.

Forum List

Back