AP: Obama’s aunt living in U.S. illegally

CaféAuLait;872559 said:
I have found that “attack” is used a little too freely with those who support Obama. Look at Joe the Plumber-- he was accused of attacking Obama--after he questioned his tax plan- I question why Obama's aunt is living the way she is since Obama lovingly referred to her in his book and he made millions from it. His aunt, who is living in poverty, is sending HIM money-- seems that there is something wrong with this picture.

Obama est maintenant une mauvaise personne en raison de cela? Its annoying to see all these little insignificant things pop up about Obama and its even more annoying how conservatards like to a negative spin on it to somehow cast doubt on Obama being a good president.

Obama est maintenant une mauvaise personne en raison de cela? Its annoying to see all these little insignificant things pop up about Obama and its even more annoying how conservatards like to a negative spin on it to somehow cast doubt on Obama being a good president.

I’m not a conservative. Please answer the questions I posed-- you find nothing wrong with this woman (who is living in poverty) supporting Obama after he has made millions on a book that recounts memories of her, among other things?

Hardly insignificant IMO. His platform is change and hope for those without--yet his own aunt is being supported by our tax dollars not his wealth--- but ours.

Charity and "Change" begin at home.

you i think its low when candidates families are dragged into this. i thought Palin's daughter shouldn't have been dragged into this mess. i also don't think obama's aunt should be dragged into this.

i think it's also low how people brought fourth this info just 3 days before election day. McCain has really stooped low. i know they McCain camp didn't bring fourth this info. but it's pretty obviously they did. otherwise the info would have come up much early than 3 days before election day.

You do get the fact that she is here illegally, right? She said she voted for Obama. If the left can call Palin's daughter a whore, then anything is fair game.

Who the fuck called her daughter a whore? That's disgusting. Obama certainly didn't. He said families were off limits.

Sure, it's your problem if she is living off your dime. Why's it Obama's fault? If I'm a law abiding citizen, and my uncle is a mass murderer, do I go to jail, too??

Is Obama his aunt's keeper? Last time I checked, he was in charge of his children and lived in Washington. I mean, seriously, this is really disturbing for you guys to be talking about a guy's family. None of us know all of the circumstances surrounding this.

you i think its low when candidates families are dragged into this. i thought Palin's daughter shouldn't have been dragged into this mess. i also don't think obama's aunt should be dragged into this.

i think it's also low how people brought fourth this info just 3 days before election day. McCain has really stooped low. i know they McCain camp didn't bring fourth this info. but it's pretty obviously they did. otherwise the info would have come up much early than 3 days before election day.

I don't think McCain wants to win by attacking Obama's family. He even defended Palin's daughter. McCain won't bring this up.

I don't think McCain wants to win by attacking Obama's family. He even defended Palin's daughter. McCain won't bring this up.

McCain will do whatever it takes to win. Just like the rest of his cheap tactics they will backfire. 2008 election, year of the Obama and Democrat Tsunami. Rush Limbaugh better cling to his oxycotins.

you know i thought McCain wasn't capable of doing a lot of things. But since September i see how McCain has been stopping lower and lower just so he can win. McCain has done some foul things. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought this one up.

Last edited:
Kinda disgusting how you guys are attacking a family member who has absolutely nothing to do with the election whatsoever.

*knocks oin your head* Uh, hello!!! Is anyone in there?!

Have you ANY idea what a complete and utter hypocritical ass you are?

Attacking a family member? Nothing to do with the election?

Seriously.. You need to take time away from the board, and regroup for a bit. You're losing it.

CaféAuLait;872545 said:
She is here illegally, she is donating money illegally to a man who is spending near a billion dollars and my tax dollars are financing such though her donations—money she should not be getting as she was denied the right to live here 4 years ago.

Blame the credit card company that gave her an American card. With an American credit card and American address you can donate to either Obama's or McCain's campaign. The Obama campaign has received hundreds of thousands of donations... do you really think that Obama himself knew that she donated $280, that she was living here illegally and allowed it with the schedule he's been keeping for the past two years? Come on.

She even helped Obama make money in the fact she was a character in his book--

Are you serious? Wow. That's bad. That's all I gotta say. Maybe someone should do a background check on YOU and dig up dirt about your family. Got an uncle in jail? Got a drug dealing sibling? Got a crack whore mother?

yet, it seems she is inconsequential enough to Obama that she is living off of public assistance—even after he made millions on his books.

Millions? He didn't make millions. He made about a million.

Obama's tax returns, rising fortunes - First Read - msnbc.com

The man is running on a ticket that promises change—but his aunt is having a hard time living her American dream- you have no problem with such?

So his aunt, who by her own actions is here illegally, which obama didn't know about, who got an american credit card and donated $280 to his campaign, who lives in a slum in Boston... all of this is Obama's fault. Wow - that's a bigger stretch than McCain's donations to Kahlidi.

Obama wrote about her in his book. His entire book wasn't about her. Obama, during the past 4 years, has been a state senator in Chicago, and a united states senator in washington and now is running for president. He's been in charge of his own family, michelle obama and his daughters. That's his responsibility.

You've got some nerver talking about a man's family like this. But hey, it seems to be ok with you. So I wonder who else has a family problem? Hmmm.... you know, Cindy McCain obtained a lot of prescription drugs illegally and became addicted to them. Perhaps I should start a thread about this.

*knocks oin your head* Uh, hello!!! Is anyone in there?!

Have you ANY idea what a complete and utter hypocritical ass you are?

Attacking a family member? Nothing to do with the election?

Seriously.. You need to take time away from the board, and regroup for a bit. You're losing it.

When have I ever attacked a man's family? I joke about Cindy McCain not having any wrinkles, but that's about it.

you know i thought McCain wasn't capable of doing a lot of things. But since September i see how McCain has been stopping lower and lower just so he can win. McCain has done some foul things. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought this one up.

He didn't bring up Wright. He won't stoop to this level.

CaféAuLait;872559 said:
I have found that “attack” is used a little too freely with those who support Obama. Look at Joe the Plumber-- he was accused of attacking Obama--after he questioned his tax plan- I question why Obama's aunt is living the way she is since Obama lovingly referred to her in his book and he made millions from it. His aunt, who is living in poverty, is sending HIM money-- seems that there is something wrong with this picture.
No one accused him of attacking Obama except you idiots on the right with statements like these. What a collection of pimples on Rush's butt we have here.

I agree except that Palin's daughter was dragged into it by Palin herself, even McCain embraced the boy who got her pregnant on national television.

Who the fuck called her daughter a whore? That's disgusting. Obama certainly didn't. He said families were off limits.
No one did. Ask him to provide a quote and he won't be able to...this is what Rush listeners do, they pretend that someone said something, and they keep repeating it until it becomes true to them.

There should be a BS sensor that posts this in bold:

Another thread used to hide from the failures of the republican party and conservative policies.

Whenever some tool posts this sort of crap.

How about McCains brother who called n.virginia communist country. Or called 911 to complain about traffic. Obama's aunty is irrelevant to his campaign..

There should be a BS sensor that posts this in bold:

Another thread used to hide from the failures of the republican party and conservative policies.

Whenever some tool posts this sort of crap.

See, back in '04, the conservatives had a bunch of crap, hell even i had a bunch of crap to spew about how great bush was going to be. we're just getting out of a recession, we've got two wars, bush got saddam, we have to continue the fight, etc. etc. But when we looked at Kerry, there wasn't much there that the liberals could really defend, so they attacked Bush. I mean Kerry voted for the war, he voted to fund the war, so what was his argument against bush? he wasn't going to stop the war... kerry had nothing to rely on.

same with mccain. the war in iraq is over with, the people want us out. he can't run on that. he wants to increase the number of troops in afghanistan, but so does obama. he wants to cut taxes. so does obama, but obama wants to raise taxes on the top 5% of american income earners. mccain doesn't. that's the only thing mccain can run on is not raising taxes on the top 5%. he can't run on wasteful government spending, because he voted for the bailout. he can't run on porkbarrel spending, because no one gives a shit about it. then you take a look at obama and how many other ideas he has about improving this country. of course none of them are going to get done overnight, but he's certainly ambitious. he wants to get a lot of things done to help this country. mccain? he wants to talk about the top 5% and give them tax cuts. mccain has nothing to offer. and the only reason these nascar, beer drinking nascar watchers that look like the extras from the movie deliverance is because they're idiots and couldn't possibly wrap their teeny little minds around such a complex situation as our government. all they know is that a guy running on social values is important to them, meanwhile they're the group of america with the highest divorce rate, the highest drug rate, the highest high school dropout rate and we're supposed to let THESE people decide the election? The rejects of america?

I think not.

How about McCains brother who called n.virginia communist country. Or called 911 to complain about traffic. Obama's aunty is irrelevant to his campaign..

he was IN northern Virginia when he called 911 to complain about traffic. Then 911 called him back and told him not to abuse the 911 system. Then he called 911 back yet again to complain about the guy who told him not to abuse the 911 system. By all rights, Joe McCain should be under arrest and awaiting trial. I wonder why he isn't.... it's a class 1 misdemeanor in virginia.

Forum List

Back