AP Is Getting Testy With Obama Camp, They Are MSM?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Suddenly the MSM is interested in the background of the Office of the PE.

Obama aides won't discuss Ill. governor probe - Yahoo! News

Obama aides won't discuss Ill. governor probe

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer
43 mins ago

WASHINGTON – President-elect Barack Obama is refusing to answer any questions about the internal review he has ordered into Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's alleged efforts to sell his former Senate seat, saying he will do so when the examination is finished.

Obama's staff has declined to respond to even basic questions, like who is conducting the probe, how long it will take, what issues are being explored and whether they are working with federal investigators. Obama has promised transparency throughout his service and to divulge contacts his staff has had with Blagojevich's office in the coming days. But his staff has locked down on inquiries in the meantime.

The Obama transition team's refusal to talk has contributed to a maelstrom around Obama's incoming White House chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, a Chicago congressman likely to have been in contact with the governor, who was arrested this week in a corruption scandal. But Emanuel is not a target of the probe, according to people who have been briefed on the investigation.

The two people spoke on a condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation is ongoing. One is a person close to Emanuel, who said he has been told by investigators that he's not a subject of their probe.

Asked if any conversations between Emanuel and Blagojevich were captured on government wiretaps, Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said, "I honestly don't know." Other transition officials refused to respond to inquiries.

There are no suggestions that Obama or his aides were involved in the alleged sale of his seat. U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said prosecutors were making no allegations that Obama was aware of any scheming. And Blagojevich himself, in taped conversations cited by prosecutors, suggested that Obama wouldn't be helpful to him and called him a vulgar term. Even if the governor was to appoint a candidate favored by the Obama team, Blagojevich said, "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation."

Obama told reporters Thursday that he never personally spoke to Blagojevich about who would fill the seat he resigned to take over the presidency next month.

"What I want to do is to gather all the facts about any staff contacts that may have taken place between the transition office and the governor's office," Obama said. "And we'll have those in the next few days, and we'll present them. But what I'm absolutely certain about is that our office had no involvement in any dealmaking around my Senate seat. That I'm absolutely certain of."

Another question that Obama's staff didn't answer is how he knows that his office had no involvement if he had yet to gather all the facts about conversations they had with Blagojevich's office. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, transition officials said they do not want to release any information on the internal review until it is completed....

Suddenly the MSM is interested in the background of the Office of the PE.

Obama aides won't discuss Ill. governor probe - Yahoo! News

we've already told you, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS... and all the MSM stuff is just weird. Mainstream means NORMAL.... in other words, not out in nutcase zone.

And with the MSM, when it bleeds, it leads.... and the media loves stuff that sells copies... the idea that it was ever anything else was always delusional.

we've already told you, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS... and all the MSM stuff is just weird. Mainstream means NORMAL.... in other words, not out in nutcase zone.

And with the MSM, when it bleeds, it leads.... and the media loves stuff that sells copies... the idea that it was ever anything else was always delusional.

Right. Problem is even the Columbia school of journalism says it ain't so. But you keep chanting.

The election is over, there's nothing to lose. Now they want to find dirt so they can spend four years bitching about Obama.

But LOL @ jillian's saying there is no liberal media bias.

The election is over, there's nothing to lose. Now they want to find dirt so they can spend four years bitching about Obama.

Really? You think they expended one ounce of energy protecting Bill Clinton? Or did they enjoy every prurient detail?

Right. Problem is even the Columbia school of journalism says it ain't so. But you keep chanting.

The whole school, honey? Or someone there who published an article? If the latter, I'll remind you that whatshisface Khalidi is also a professor at Columbia U. Should everything he says be taken as gospel?

For christ sake, Palin's daughter and Palin's clothes were top stories. Obama was a trojan horse, any idiot could see that, well, almost any.....

So what rock have you been living under for the past 50 years? :lol:

Is this your website?

I Live Under a Rock

The fact this wasn't done before the election illustrates the bias that some claim does not exist.

In fact, we see this now while many on the left complain that BO has been apointing Clintoon retreads and Bush holdovers.

Maybe there is a profit-making bias to the MSM.

Maybe liberal leaning stories sell more copies.

In 2004, something like 225 newspapers backed Kerry, and 190 backed Bush, so you could say newpapers favored Dems somewhat, but not as much as some people think.

Then there's FoxNews and talk radio which is rabidly Republican.

So it all balances out.

The problem for Republicans really is the internet. Because of the internet, it is very hard to lie about things anymore. The internet also allows for grassroots fund raising. Both of these things hurt the Republicans.

Last edited:
In 2004, something like 225 newspapers backed Kerry, and 190 backed Bush, so you could say newpapers favored Dems somewhat, but not as much as some people think.

So it all balances out.

The problem for Republicans really is the internet. Because of the internet, it is very hard to lie about things anymore. The internet also allows for grassroots fund raising. Both of these things hurt the Republicans.

Fox news vs. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, etc....

So it all balances out.... :cuckoo:

So it all balances out.

are you fucking NUTS?????

the internet makes it EASIER to lie about things
look at how many lying posts you make
:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Because of the internet, it is very hard to lie about things anymore.

Wrong, it's easier to lie about things and get away with it. This is a point I made repeatedly through the election. Because so much information is out there, people are hard-pressed to believe what they hear anymore. Because of emails like "Obama is a Muslim," people didn't listen to real facts like "Obama is a racist."

As for grassroots campaigns, you're darn tootin' it's easier to raise money, especially after you lie and say you won't. Trust me, next election cycle, you won't see the Republican candidate accepting public funds again. That was McCain's first and biggest mistake, but he was too worried about keeping his word - something Obama's not familiar with, given his past history and his current cabinet appointments.

Wrong, it's easier to lie about things and get away with it. This is a point I made repeatedly through the election. Because so much information is out there, people are hard-pressed to believe what they hear anymore. Because of emails like "Obama is a Muslim," people didn't listen to real facts like "Obama is a racist."

As for grassroots campaigns, you're darn tootin' it's easier to raise money, especially after you lie and say you won't. Trust me, next election cycle, you won't see the Republican candidate accepting public funds again. That was McCain's first and biggest mistake, but he was too worried about keeping his word - something Obama's not familiar with, given his past history and his current cabinet appointments.

Tell me you are not this dumb.

It is harder to lie about things because the internet has expanded access to knowledge. Youtube alone makes it easy to see when candidates change their positions.

The internet makes knowledge accessable to everyone. That and television are really making the world a global village.

Because they're the ONLY network that doesn't spew your left wing propaganda......

No, actually FoxNews anchors are given talking points each day just like any political operative.

Watch the documentary, OutFoxed. In it they interview former FoxNews employees and quote some of the memos they were given. It is quite revealing.

Forum List

Back