Where oh where is Rahm Emmanuel? -- Hiding

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal
Obama's Chief of Staff Refuses to Go to Work Because of Media Stakeout

The President-elect's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, said today he won't go to the Chicago Presidential transition offices in order to avoid reporters seeking to ask him whether he had contact with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama's election.

Emanuel appeared "beet-red," according to an ABC News cameraman who was invited inside by Emmanuel to use his bathroom this morning.

"I'm getting regular death threats. You've put my home address on national television. I'm pissed at the networks. You've intruded too much, " Emanuel said, according to the cameraman.

Emanuel has refused to comment as to whether he is the un-named Presidential advisor cited in the FBI affidavit filed in the Blagojevich case. "You're wasting your time," Emanuel told a Chicago Sun-Times reporter yesterday. "I'm not going to say a word to you. I'm going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I'm a father. I have two kids. I'm not going to do it."

Asked, "Can't you do both?" Emanuel replied, "I'm not as capable as you. I'm going to be a father. I'm allowed to be a father," and he pushed the reporter's digital recorder away, according to the Sun Times account.

U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald says there is "nothing in the complaint" that implicates President-elect Obama but the affidavit suggests someone from the Obama camp was in touch with Blagojevich or his aides, if only to tell the Governor that Obama would not offer anything but "appreciation" in exchange for the Senate appointment.

The President-elect said yesterday he would gather and make public a list of any aides or advisors who talked with Blagojevich on his behalf. Emanuel has not yet resigned his seat in Congress, the seat previously held by Blagojevich
ABC News: Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal

Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal
Obama's Chief of Staff Refuses to Go to Work Because of Media Stakeout

The President-elect's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, said today he won't go to the Chicago Presidential transition offices in order to avoid reporters seeking to ask him whether he had contact with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama's election.

Emanuel appeared "beet-red," according to an ABC News cameraman who was invited inside by Emmanuel to use his bathroom this morning.

"I'm getting regular death threats. You've put my home address on national television. I'm pissed at the networks. You've intruded too much, " Emanuel said, according to the cameraman.

Emanuel has refused to comment as to whether he is the un-named Presidential advisor cited in the FBI affidavit filed in the Blagojevich case. "You're wasting your time," Emanuel told a Chicago Sun-Times reporter yesterday. "I'm not going to say a word to you. I'm going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I'm a father. I have two kids. I'm not going to do it."

Asked, "Can't you do both?" Emanuel replied, "I'm not as capable as you. I'm going to be a father. I'm allowed to be a father," and he pushed the reporter's digital recorder away, according to the Sun Times account.

U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald says there is "nothing in the complaint" that implicates President-elect Obama but the affidavit suggests someone from the Obama camp was in touch with Blagojevich or his aides, if only to tell the Governor that Obama would not offer anything but "appreciation" in exchange for the Senate appointment.

The President-elect said yesterday he would gather and make public a list of any aides or advisors who talked with Blagojevich on his behalf. Emanuel has not yet resigned his seat in Congress, the seat previously held by Blagojevich
ABC News: Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal

This is hilarious!
The little punk "tough guy" is running scared from the press. Poetic justice at it`s best.

The President-elect said yesterday he would gather and make public a list of any aides or advisors who talked with Blagojevich on his behalf. Emanuel has not yet resigned his seat in Congress, the seat previously held by Blagojevich.
That's beginning to look like a smart move.

"Emanuel has refused to comment as to whether he is the un-named Presidential advisor cited in the FBI affidavit filed in the Blagojevich case. "You're wasting your time," Emanuel told a Chicago Sun-Times reporter yesterday. "I'm not going to say a word to you. I'm going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I'm a father. I have two kids. I'm not going to do it."

Asked, "Can't you do both?" Emanuel replied, "I'm not as capable as you. I'm going to be a father. I'm allowed to be a father," and he pushed the reporter's digital recorder away, according to the Sun Times account. "

haha Interesting exchange.

He's history.

Maybe not, if this is all that went on, it would be normal. From this mornings Trib:

Rahm Emanuel talked with governor's office about who should fill Obama's Senate seat -- chicagotribune.com

Rahm Emanuel talked with governor's office about who should fill Obama's Senate seat

Chief of staff for Obama had list of names

Tribune staff report

December 13, 2008

By Bob Secter

Rahm Emanuel, President-elect Barack Obama's pick to be White House chief of staff, had conversations with Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration about who would replace Obama in the U.S. Senate, the Tribune has learned.

The revelation does not suggest Obama's new gatekeeper was involved in any talk of dealmaking involving the seat. But it does help fill in the gaps surrounding a question that Obama was unable or unwilling to answer this week: Did anyone on his staff have contact with Blagojevich about his choice for the Senate seat?

Emanuel, who has long been close to both Blagojevich and Obama, has refused to respond to questions about any involvement he may have had with the Blagojevich camp over the Senate pick. A spokeswoman for Emanuel also declined to comment Friday.

One source confirmed that communications between Emanuel and the Blagojevich administration were captured on court-approved wiretaps.

Another source said that contact between the Obama camp and the governor's administration regarding the Senate seat began the Saturday before the Nov. 4 election, when Emanuel made a call to the cell phone of Harris. The conversation took place around the same time press reports surfaced about Emanuel being approached about taking the high-level White House post should Obama win.

Emanuel delivered a list of candidates who would be "acceptable" to Obama, the source said. On the list were Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, Illinois Veterans Affairs director Tammy Duckworth, state Comptroller Dan Hynes and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Chicago, the source said. All are Democrats.

Sometime after the election, Emanuel called Harris back to add the name of Democratic Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan to the approved list, the source said...

Good for him.

There WILL BE A TIME for the Obama team to tell all they know.

That time will be under oath before a court of law.

I suspect that Blogo is going down, and I have very little doubt that Rahm Emanuel's testimony will be part of the evidence which supports the case that Blogo was extremely corrupt, even by Chicago standards.

Unless Rahm gets some kind of immunity he won't have much to say on Blago.

Blago knows ALL his dirty laundry.

Indeed. As I said, IF the Trib has the whole story, Emanuel will be fine.

I noticed no one jumped in to say something along the lines of, 'good job, wasn't a political hack topic.' :lol: Right now the news out of Chicago is mostly not good for the machine, which unfortunately happens to be part of the history of someone of interest. ;)

Indeed. As I said, IF the Trib has the whole story, Emanuel will be fine.

I noticed no one jumped in to say something along the lines of, 'good job, wasn't a political hack topic.' :lol: Right now the news out of Chicago is mostly not good for the machine, which unfortunately happens to be part of the history of someone of interest. ;)
Chicago politics appears to be of extreme corruption for several decades now, the worst in the nation, even topping NJ.

Anyone that comes from that rat circus should be suspect, and now one of them will be president.

A daunting prospect.

Chicago politics appears to be of extreme corruption for several decades now, the worst in the nation, even topping NJ.

Anyone that comes from that rat circus should be suspect, and now one of them will be president.

A daunting prospect.

More than several decades, it's always been corrupt, it's the 'Chicago Way.'

It's a cesspool of cronyism and nepotism. Noticed Emanuel called back to say, 'add Lisa Madigan to the list?' She's our current AG and she's filed to Supreme Court of IL to have Blago removed. She'd be happy being Senator or Governor. Her dad is majority whip in Springfield, he's probably more powerful than the governor and even Daley avoids fights with him.

Todd Stroger, well he's hard to describe. He's the current Cook County Board President, he got that job when his father, John, had a stroke a week before the election. One cannot explain what these folks consider normal. One example, he wanted to raise taxes on Cook County because he said that salaries needed to be increased. When questioned about the amount he replied, 'if all the money isn't used the people know we'll refund any excess.' LOL! The papers went nuts, then the people did.

Richie Daley, son of hizzoner, has built parks to the point of tax revolt. Oh he even bulldozed an airport after midnight, with no permission by any entity other than streets and san.

It goes on and on...

More than several decades, it's always been corrupt, it's the 'Chicago Way.'

It's a cesspool of cronyism and nepotism. Noticed Emanuel called back to say, 'add Lisa Madigan to the list?' She's our current AG and she's filed to Supreme Court of IL to have Blago removed. She'd be happy being Senator or Governor. Her dad is majority whip in Springfield, he's probably more powerful than the governor and even Daley avoids fights with him.

Todd Stroger, well he's hard to describe. He's the current Cook County Board President, he got that job when his father, John, had a stroke a week before the election. One cannot explain what these folks consider normal. One example, he wanted to raise taxes on Cook County because he said that salaries needed to be increased. When questioned about the amount he replied, 'if all the money isn't used the people know we'll refund any excess.' LOL! The papers went nuts, then the people did.

Richie Daley, son of hizzoner, has built parks to the point of tax revolt. Oh he even bulldozed an airport after midnight, with no permission by any entity other than streets and san.

It goes on and on...

It might also be that Emmanuel is the one who tipped off federal investigators about Blogo trying to sell the seat .. I don't know.

But being from Illinois, what do you know about this guy ... State Sen. James DeLeo?

"DeLeo is an extremely powerful politician. You know this because he's hardly ever quoted in newspaper stories.

Emanuel and DeLeo have a relationship. Emanuel is the congressman from the 5th Congressional District, where DeLeo is the Democratic state central committeeman. What hasn't been reported on much is that Emanuel has not yet resigned from the House. And if you want to play politics in Jimmy's sandbox, you need his OK.

DeLeo is also considered by some to be the real governor of Illinois. Blagojevich is the nutty guy who makes the speeches and gets the federal slap. They're so close that if Jimmy suddenly stopped walking, Rod would chip his teeth on the back of Jimmy's head.

It's reasonable to assume that if there's one fellow Rod would talk to about the Senate seat, it's Jimmy. And given their relationship, Jimmy could talk to Rahm. I'm not suggesting money was offered. There is nothing illegal about politicians horse-trading to fill seats. Only when such deals are monetized—as the governor is alleged to have done—is it illegal.

I'm just talking about putting political pieces on the board the Chicago Way. A vacant Senate seat and a soon-to-be vacant House seat in Illinois would be a package deal. Consider this mathematical equation: Jimmy/Rod + Jimmy/Rahm = Happy Rod, Jimmy and Rahm. Get it?

Before he became so powerful, Jimmy was a lowly traffic court bailiff making a measly $20,000 a year. Yet he was able to own shiny new Cadillacs, Jaguars and Mercedes, astounding federal agents, who in 1989 charged him with taking bribes to fix tickets in the Operation Greylord probe of judicial corruption.

Later, his former roommate told a federal grand jury that there was $35,000 in cash in their freezer, carefully wrapped in butcher paper so the bills wouldn't get freezer burn. But the roommate came to Jimmy's defense, saying the money was his, not Jimmy's, and that it came from the roommate's stolen-car business.

At Jimmy's trial, Outfit gambling boss Ken "Tokyo Joe" Eto emerged from the witness protection program to testify that he passed cash to Jimmy via handshakes. Eto had been hiding since Outfit hit men tried to kill him. They used cheap bullets, and three slugs failed to fully penetrate Eto's diamond-hard cranium.

The jury didn't believe the feds. They believed Jimmy and acquitted him, so he rose to political prominence, and now Obama's chief of staff is the congressman in the district Jimmy controls."

more at link --
Man behind curtain is wizard of Rod, Rahm -- chicagotribune.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back