AOL buys the Huffington Post

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
CNN) -- AOL has agreed to purchase The Huffington Post for $315 million, the two entities announced in a joint news release Monday.

"As part of the transaction, Arianna Huffington, The Huffington Post's co-founder and editor-in-chief, will be named president and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, which will include all Huffington Post and AOL content," the statement said.

The new group will have a combined 117 million unique visitors a month in the United States and 270 million around the world, according to the release, which cited December 2010 data from the marketing research company comScore.

AOL agrees to purchase Huffington Post for $315 million - CNN.com

So Arianna started a website, built it up and drove large amounts of traffic to it and then sold it for a huge sum of money. Good for her! That's the American Dream of private ownership. I just feel sorry for her that she has to probably pay confiscatory tax rates for the sale.

(By the way most people don't know it but Arianna and Conservative radio talk show host Laura Ingraham are good friends)

So Arianna started a website, built it up and drove large amounts of traffic to it and then sold it for a huge sum of money. Good for her! That's the American Dream of private ownership. I just feel sorry for her that she has to probably pay confiscatory tax rates for the sale.

(By the way most people don't know it but Arianna and Conservative radio talk show host Laura Ingraham are good friends)

Good for her is right.

I remember when AH was a staunch Republican. She might still be but in the closet.

Didn't take her long to figure out how to make a buck.

Probably the first honest buck she has earned since before she married Michael Huffington.

She's an interesting woman. This merger will be good for all concerned, I think. I ♥ good old HuffPo, but they could tightened up their editorial standards just a hair. I'm assuming she won't be running AOL like a revival meeting?

Good for her is right.

I remember when AH was a staunch Republican. She might still be but in the closet.

Didn't take her long to figure out how to make a buck.

And Reagan was a stuanch Democrat until he married Nancy's money.

CNN) -- AOL has agreed to purchase The Huffington Post for $315 million, the two entities announced in a joint news release Monday.

"As part of the transaction, Arianna Huffington, The Huffington Post's co-founder and editor-in-chief, will be named president and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, which will include all Huffington Post and AOL content," the statement said.

The new group will have a combined 117 million unique visitors a month in the United States and 270 million around the world, according to the release, which cited December 2010 data from the marketing research company comScore.

AOL agrees to purchase Huffington Post for $315 million - CNN.com

Interesting post, Chris.

And any event that increases access to information is probably a good thing.
Many of us here read all points of view.

Huffington post is worth that much? all I ever see over there is pics of Kim Kardashians ass cheeks.

LOL.

The do have a few articles too, High Gravity.

Most of their entertainment section is stuff like Jessica Beal shows picture of feet on Twitter or Kim Kardashian dongs string bikini.

I wouldn't know. I never read it, for fear of seeing a photo of Justin Beiber.

Try "tech" or "comedy"; those are usually pretty good.

The HuffPuff is a great example of 'you get what you pay for'. They have a bunch of moronic monkeys who blog for free. Hence the quality of their blogs.

I'm sure Fail&Won'tGo will be delighted to know he has contributed to the old hag's personal fortune. I wonder if Adriana is now one of those people who has come to the point where she has enough money?

good for her. i wonder if truthmatters is going to explode because now her left wing rag is owned by.......gasp........a corporation!!!!

hasn't she had the site for only six years...thats a good return on work/investment....315 million, in cash...though i wonder if AOL will be able to keep it the same, the bloggers were voluntary and i believe not paid, i wonder if they will feel inclined to still do so after this....

So any idea of how much "confiscatory tax rates" she's going to "probably" pay?

On the Laura Ingraham thing...that's cool. There's probably more than a few LW/RW friendships in punditry.

Bill Maher, for instance has friends that stretch across the political spectrum.

This is a good thing.

AOL obviously believes the deal will entice more people to their 'news'. A hitman for lowly conservatives..... a voice for social reform. With Arianna Huffington at the helm, the only information people will get will be partisan, crude,and hateful lashings at conservatives.....that woman is the antecedent of unfair and unbalanced commentating and blogging.
I guess it will be a fair and accurate wider reveal of her and her cliques elitism.

The HuffPuff is a great example of 'you get what you pay for'. They have a bunch of moronic monkeys who blog for free. Hence the quality of their blogs.

I'm sure Fail&Won'tGo will be delighted to know he has contributed to the old hag's personal fortune. I wonder if Adriana is now one of those people who has come to the point where she has enough money?

Do you realize just how absolutely nonsensical your uber partisan tripe is?

You get what you pay for? Trying to suggest that because the bloggers blogged for free it was all worthless. Yet, AH was able to rake in a cool 300Mil for it.

You really should try thinking before you post.

Take off the partisan shades and open your eyes for once.

*SMH*

Forum List

Back