AOL buys the Huffington Post

The HuffPuff is a great example of 'you get what you pay for'. They have a bunch of moronic monkeys who blog for free. Hence the quality of their blogs.

I'm sure Fail&Won'tGo will be delighted to know he has contributed to the old hag's personal fortune. I wonder if Adriana is now one of those people who has come to the point where she has enough money?

Do you realize just how absolutely nonsensical your uber partisan tripe is?

You get what you pay for? Trying to suggest that because the bloggers blogged for free it was all worthless. Yet, AH was able to rake in a cool 300Mil for it.

You really should try thinking before you post.

Take off the partisan shades and open your eyes for once.

*SMH*

If it was a right wing site, you'd be ranting about not paying bloggers and profiting off the backs of hard working Americans.

The partisan shades are what stop you from seeing rational thought.

$315 mil....Not too shabby for a "useless leftwing rag"

You might think you have a point, but I can prove you don't.

Remember when Time Warner bought AOL and the talking heads said that this deal would shape the future of the internet and news?

AOL and Time Warner to merge - Jan. 10, 2000

Funny thing is a lot of us knew way back then that AOL was going down the drain, and that the only thing Time Warner was actually getting were all the headaches of the AOL business plan. That particular merger imploded within 5 years because AOL was already dead, and the old guards at Time Warner didn't know enough about the new world to understand that.

If Huffington Post was really worth anything they would have gone public and made a hell of a lot more than they just did. The truth is that AOL just got taken the same way Time Warner did back in 2000, and the only people that are going to be laughing are Huffington and her investors. My guess is she is going to try and use this to springboard herself into a talk show somewhere.

Remember when Time Warner bought AOL and the talking heads said that this deal would shape the future of the internet and news?

Funny thing is a lot of us knew way back then that AOL was going down the drain, and that the only thing Time Warner was actually getting were all the headaches of the AOL business plan. That particular merger imploded within 5 years because AOL was already dead, and the old guards at Time Warner didn't know enough about the new world to understand that.

If Huffington Post was really worth anything they would have gone public and made a hell of a lot more than they just did. The truth is that AOL just got taken the same way Time Warner did back in 2000, and the only people that are going to be laughing are Huffington and her investors. My guess is she is going to try and use this to springboard herself into a talk show somewhere.

I'm not trumpeting the fine investment skills of AOL. Just saying $315 mil is a lot to pay for a leftist rag

The HuffPuff is a great example of 'you get what you pay for'. They have a bunch of moronic monkeys who blog for free. Hence the quality of their blogs.

I'm sure Fail&Won'tGo will be delighted to know he has contributed to the old hag's personal fortune. I wonder if Adriana is now one of those people who has come to the point where she has enough money?

Do you realize just how absolutely nonsensical your uber partisan tripe is?

You get what you pay for? Trying to suggest that because the bloggers blogged for free it was all worthless. Yet, AH was able to rake in a cool 300Mil for it.

You really should try thinking before you post.

Take off the partisan shades and open your eyes for once.

*SMH*

If it was a right wing site, you'd be ranting about not paying bloggers and profiting off the backs of hard working Americans.

The partisan shades are what stop you from seeing rational thought.

he would also bitch that the evil corporations are taking over our media

I'm not trumpeting the fine investment skills of AOL. Just saying $315 mil is a lot to pay for a leftist rag

It is a lot to pay for any rag, especially one as poorly run as Huffington Post.

good for her. i wonder if truthmatters is going to explode because now her left wing rag is owned by.......gasp........a corporation!!!!

hasn't she had the site for only six years...thats a good return on work/investment....315 million, in cash...though i wonder if AOL will be able to keep it the same, the bloggers were voluntary and i believe not paid, i wonder if they will feel inclined to still do so after this....

Yurt, she's certainly not going to keep all that money for herself. I'm sure she will share it equally with labor...... after all, they did all of the work....... don't cha think?
That would practicing what liberals preach right?:lol::lol::lol:

good for her. i wonder if truthmatters is going to explode because now her left wing rag is owned by.......gasp........a corporation!!!!

hasn't she had the site for only six years...thats a good return on work/investment....315 million, in cash...though i wonder if AOL will be able to keep it the same, the bloggers were voluntary and i believe not paid, i wonder if they will feel inclined to still do so after this....

Yurt, she's certainly not going to keep all that money for herself. I'm sure she will share it equally with labor...... after all, they did all of the work....... don't cha think?
That would practicing what liberals preach right?:lol::lol::lol:

no, the labor volunteered to make her wealthy....:eusa_angel:

You pay for what you get.
Arianna Huffington and Ken Lerer, co-founders of the Huffington Post, are said to be walking away with a combined $80 million to $100 million from an original $2 million per person investment -- but so far AOL stockholders aren't seeing that kind of return.
Since Feb. 1, the price of AOL shares has dropped from $23.85 to $20.89 at yesterday's close.
With 106.7 million shares outstanding, that means AOL has shed $315 million in value over the last five trading days -- which happens to be exactly the same price AOL agreed to pay to acquire HuffPo.

Read more: AOL stock sheds $315M -- same as HuffPo price - NYPOST.com

Forum List

Back