Anyone Willing to Help Our Troops Coming Out?

I don't think the differences in military, public, private, profit, or non-profit is the biggest problem facing post 9/11 veterans today. One would think that integrity, strong work ethic, and loyalty would be enough but it is not. A candidate with a well written resume that expresses skills, experiences, accomplishments, and education and translated into civilian terms as much as possible one would think, would be enough. After all, mission, job tasks, and organizational policy must be learned regardless of background.

There is a deeper reason that the unemployment rate among veterans is over 12 percent. Employers are discriminating against them all the while claiming to be pro-military. This discrimination is of course hard to prove but must be dealt with. Networking, luck, education, certifications, and a willingness to get a foot in the door at a lower level works for some.

That's really not the case - at least not for the most part. You should see the "Military to Civilian Transition Guide". What a piece of crap.
Additionally, most of them don't know how to translate what they've done in the military, into terms that will appeal to civilian employers. You wouldn't believe how many resumes I've already reviewed that went "8/2010 - 8/2102 1st Sgt. ComWesDefWing. Maintianed thirty A-11's and twenty F-4's including AG-313 and 6B2's..."
When it came to intertviewing, it got worse.
The stuff I'm teaching them is way advanced kung fu. I own an executive recruiting firm and prepare people for jobs that at the low-end, pay $150K+.

Translation: Sgt. Willy Wonka 103 division bathroom cleaners 2/2006-2/2012.
Experience: Shining boots and shooting my pow-pow.
Security clearance : DFNU ( dead from neck up)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7MlFdFs1z0&feature=related]Marines marching Cadence - YouTube[/ame]

You are a real piece of shit Douger, choke on this neg and shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back