Anyone left out there who doesn't view Afghanistan as a disaster?

I have viewed Afghanistan as a disaster for many many years. I viewed it that way long before we got there. I don't think it's any worse a disaster than it has been for many many years. In fact i do think we've helped them a lot. Yea it's still a disaster but i think they have made significant progress from where they were ten years ago. The War is winding down though. The Taliban will always control vast areas of Afghanistan. That's just the way it is and will be forever. Now it's time to accept this reality and move on.

We can continue to help the Afghan Government as they are now an ally. And that's much better than where we were with them ten years ago. Al Qaeda and the Taliban will not have free reign anymore. And that's all we could or should have hoped for. Afghanistan will be a disaster for many many years to come. However,i do think it's less of a disaster these days. Hey that's just my take anyway. Thanks for your post.

Last edited:
After the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, the nation now produces eighty/ninety percent of the world's opium. United States soldiers are defending poppy fields.

Naw. There's nothing sketchy about that at all. :rolleyes:

That said, for a few rich sons of bitches the invasion/occupation of Afghanistan was a success. For its people and the soldiers occupying it? An utter fiasco.

After the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, the nation now produces eighty/ninety percent of the world's opium. United States soldiers are defending poppy fields.

That said, for a few rich sons of bitches the invasion/occupation of Afghanistan was a success. For its people and the soldiers occupying it? An utter fiasco.

Why should the U.S. tell any country what they can or can't grow in their own country? The U.S. just doesn't have the right to do that. The West and the UN should focus on the demand side in their own nations. Their people love getting wasted. That's just the reality. I can't blame poor Afghan Farmers for trying to make a living. A "Drug War" is not what the original mission mandated either. Our Soldiers shouldn't be involved with that at all. As far as your "United States soldiers are defending poppy fields" goes,that just isn't likely. If anything,they're burning poppy fields. Either way,it's not our business what the Afghans want to grow in their own country. The Afghan War was never about the drug trade and it shouldn't be. They should have stuck to the mission.

Why should the U.S. tell any country what they can or can't grow in their own country? The U.S. just doesn't have the right to do that. The West and the UN should focus on the demand side in their own nations. Their people love getting wasted. That's just the reality. I can't blame poor Afghan Farmers for trying to make a living. A "Drug War" is not what the original mission mandated either. Our Soldiers shouldn't be involved with that at all. As far as your "United States soldiers are defending poppy fields" goes,that just isn't likely. If anything,they're burning poppy fields. Either way,it's not our business what the Afghans want to grow in their own country. The Afghan War was never about the drug trade and it shouldn't be. They should have stuck to the mission.

The reason they want to grow so much of it is because of our own idiotic drug war. If you're a Ron Paul fan as it seems you understand this. Our government and seemingly a lot of our citizens (thanks to the government's p-r campaign) would prefer that terrorists+gangs get rich off of this stuff and others rather than american farmers and the american economy.

I'll bet defending the poppy fields of the afghan gov't officials happens and the burning of those who aren't involved may also happen in order to drive up their prices.

We should've taken out those responsible and left, would've been over quick and been a cheaper for us american taxpayers.

Sure. The stockholders at the Carlyle group, Brown and Root, Haliburton and XE services.
BTW. If any of your stock portfolio includes these, you too are a Nazi scumbag.
They're ready for Iran........or anyone else that " wants murkin style freeDumb and demoNcracy"........to be bombed into the stone age, littered with mines and radiated with chemical weapons/ Depleted Uranium.

You make no fucking sense, put down your fucking bong and join the real world loser.

I actually agree, the US cannot get the Afghans to buy into the war on drugs.

Conducting a "Drug War" in Afghanistan was possibly the biggest blunder over there. Just another silly intervention the UN talked us into. One War at a time for God's sake. Fighting the Taliban & Al Qaeda was why our Soldiers were sent over there. They should have never been forced to get involved with the Drug Trade at all. The Afghans should be allowed to grow what they want in their own country. Would we want other nations telling our U.S. Farmers what they can or can't grow? The Mission has gotten very muddled over there. That War is now over. Nothing more can be gained in Afghanistan. Time to wrap it up.

Conducting a "Drug War" in Afghanistan was possibly the biggest blunder over there. Just another silly intervention the UN talked us into. One War at a time for God's sake. Fighting the Taliban & Al Qaeda was why our Soldiers were sent over there. They should have never been forced to get involved with the Drug Trade at all. The Afghans should be allowed to grow what they want in their own country. Would we want other nations telling our U.S. Farmers what they can or can't grow? The Mission has gotten very muddled over there. That War is now over. Nothing more can be gained in Afghanistan. Time to wrap it up.

Well the US did ignore the drug trade for a while until it came out profits from heroin were being used by the Taliban to kill Americans. The only thing the US can do in this situation is make sure the farmers can sell their crops but don't let the Taliban control the drug trade because they are using that to fund their insurgency.

Hey Libocalypse the funny thing is the Brits were supposed to handle the poppy fields when we first went into Afghanistan, look how well that turned out.

Forum List

Back