Anyone left out there who doesn't view Afghanistan as a disaster?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Afghan infants fed pure opium - CNN.com

We hand the country over to a druglord in an election no one on the planet takes seriously.

We agree to allow former Taliban members back into government.

Almost 10 years later we still haven't won a war against the 3rd poorest 3rd world country on the planet.

So this thread is your opportunity to tell me why we should still dump billions of taxpayer dollars into this mess of a war if you're still a believer.

Its a tall order right now for anyone to try to make a case that Afghanistan is still worth saving, the only thing I want to see is for the Afghans to be able to police themselves and having a standing Military capable of fighting the Taliban, but even that remains to be seen after almost 10 years in that country.

Its a tall order right now for anyone to try to make a case that Afghanistan is still worth saving, the only thing I want to see is for the Afghans to be able to police themselves and having a standing Military capable of fighting the Taliban, but even that remains to be seen after almost 10 years in that country.

It shouldn't take ten years to figure out what everyone has known for 1000 years....you can't fix Afghanistan

Time to pull the hell out of Afghanistan and Iraq and let the chips fall where they may

It shouldn't take ten years to figure out what everyone has known for 1000 years....you can't fix Afghanistan

Time to pull the hell out of Afghanistan and Iraq and let the chips fall where they may

The Bush Administration really fucked up in Afghanistan by undermanning, underfunding and just plain not caring about the war in Afghanistan, at 1 point we only had 10,000 US Troops there, in a country bigger than Iraq. The thing is just leaving puts the country back in the hands of the people who planned 9/11.

I'm inclined to agree with you there. Ya' know some other poster, I don't know who, said "It only took us 4 years to roll through Europe and the Pacific in WWII , why are we still in Iraq and Afghanistan nearly 10 years later?"

I read a report that our Army is teaching the Afghanis to grow opium? Why would we do that? Who's idea was that anyway? WTF?

Last edited:

I'm inclined to agree with you there. Ya' know some other poster, I don't know who, said "It only took us 4 years to roll through Europe and the Pacific in WWII , why are we still in Iraq and Afghanistan nearly 10 years later?"

I read a report that our Army is teaching the Afghanis to grow opium? Why would we do that? Who's idea was that anyway? WTF?

In Europe and Japan we weren't concerned with winning hearts and minds and trying not to offend people we were at war with.

Afghanistan wasn't always a total shit hole.

Kabul1970.jpg

afghanistan-1.jpg

kabul-1970_223_l.jpg

The Bush Administration really fucked up in Afghanistan by undermanning, underfunding and just plain not caring about the war in Afghanistan, at 1 point we only had 10,000 US Troops there, in a country bigger than Iraq. The thing is just leaving puts the country back in the hands of the people who planned 9/11.

We went through this in Viet Nam. Once we pull out ...the Domino theory will kick in and the Commies will take over the whole region.

We pulled out and the world did not end. My shirts are now made in Viet Nam

Afghanistan was a corrupt hellhole before we got there....it will be a corrupt hellhole once we leave

We went through this in Viet Nam. Once we pull out ...the Domino theory will kick in and the Commies will take over the whole region.

We pulled out and the world did not end. My shirts are now made in Viet Nam

Afghanistan was a corrupt hellhole before we got there....it will be a corrupt hellhole once we leave

You are spot on about the corruption, even if we wiped out the Taliban tomorrow that country would still be more crooked than the letter S.

In Europe and Japan we weren't concerned with winning hearts and minds and trying not to offend people we were at war with.

In Europe and Japan our goal was "unconditional surrender". I'm uncertain how success would be defined militarily in Afghanistan, as no one expects an "unconditional surrender" from either Al Qaeda or the Taliban.

Last edited:
In Europe and Japan our goal was "unconditional surrender". I'm uncertain how success would be defined militarily in Afghanistan, as no one expects an "unconditional surrender" from either Al Qaeda or the Taliban.

Back in WW2 the US was willing to do whatever it had to do to get that unconditional surrender, we had to use nuclear weapons on Japan to get them to surrender. We are not willing to do that in Afghanistan so yes a surrender is out of the question.

Were we concerned with "hearts and minds" during Gulf War I? How long did that take, a month?

Were we concerned with "hearts and minds" during Gulf War I? How long did that take, a month?

Huh? in Gulf War 1 the objective was to remove the Iraqis from Kuwait and protect Saudi Arabia, we never had to occupy any country and fight any insurgencies than, bad comparison.

Sure. The stockholders at the Carlyle group, Brown and Root, Haliburton and XE services.
BTW. If any of your stock portfolio includes these, you too are a Nazi scumbag.
They're ready for Iran........or anyone else that " wants murkin style freeDumb and demoNcracy"........to be bombed into the stone age, littered with mines and radiated with chemical weapons/ Depleted Uranium.

Forum List

Back