Anyone ever heard of this? i-dosing

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
i-Dosing [VIDEO]

Teens using digital drugs to get high. It's called i-dosing. This is new to me. There's even a website where you can purchase it. "The industry leader in binaural brainwave audio doses to powerfully alter your mood". I-Doser: Binaural Brainwave Doses

Is this common knowledge and I'm hopelessly out of the loop or have most of you not heard of this either??

I've heard of it. I thought and still think it's laughable.

I found this. Holy mind games Batman, it's Wiki!

Binaural beats or binaural tones are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, the perception of which arises in the brain for specific physical stimuli. This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove.

The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the loudness and sound localization of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequency of the tones must be below about 1,000 to 1,500 hertz for the beating to be heard. The difference between the two frequencies must be small (below about 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise, the two tones will be heard separately and no beat will be perceived.

Binaural beats are of interest to neurophysiologists investigating the sense of hearing. Second, binaural beats reportedly influence the brain in more subtle ways through the entrainment of brainwaves[1][2] and can be used to reduce anxiety[3] and provide other health benefits such as control over pain.[4]

Binaural beats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While the site I posted (i-doser.com) talks about it as simulating recreational drug experiences, the above mentions reducing anxiety and providing other benefits i.e., control over pain. I thought it was interesting.

While the site I posted (i-doser.com) talks about it as simulating recreational drug experiences, the above mentions reducing anxiety and providing other benefits i.e., control over pain. I thought it was interesting.

That's not so laughable. But the idea of it as a simulating recreational drug experience is laughable. Can't they just take out Dark Side of the Moon? :lol:

That's not so laughable. But the idea of it as a simulating recreational drug experience is laughable. Can't they just take out Dark Side of the Moon? :lol:

:lol:

On the wiki site it gives two examples you can listen to. I haven't yet but likely will. Uh oh, what if I get all paranoid and get that disembodied feeling?? :eek: I wonder, if it simulates being high . . . . do you get the munchies?

:lol:

On the wiki site it gives two examples you can listen to. I haven't yet but likely will. Uh oh, what if I get all paranoid and get that disembodied feeling?? :eek: I wonder, if it simulates being high . . . . do you get the munchies?

Well you'll know if when you wake up tomorrow, you find empty bags of chips around the house. :lol:

I personally like listening to this while at the computer and no music on.

RainyMood.com

Gads, reminds me of when Tangerine Dream started out in the late 1960's and their early music were experiments in Alpha Wave stimulation.

Of course their early albums are nice to just veg out to... I would not call it a drug like experience in any way any more than I'd call meditation. Then again, that reminds me, old New Age music was written AS a meditation aid.

Curious... but kinda funny.

Gads, reminds me of when Tangerine Dream started out in the late 1960's and their early music were experiments in Alpha Wave stimulation.

Of course their early albums are nice to just veg out to... I would not call it a drug like experience in any way any more than I'd call meditation. Then again, that reminds me, old New Age music was written AS a meditation aid.

Curious... but kinda funny.

alex-clockwork-orange.jpg

I've heard of it. I thought and still think it's laughable.

I found this. Holy mind games Batman, it's Wiki!

Binaural beats or binaural tones are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, the perception of which arises in the brain for specific physical stimuli. This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove.

The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the loudness and sound localization of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequency of the tones must be below about 1,000 to 1,500 hertz for the beating to be heard. The difference between the two frequencies must be small (below about 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise, the two tones will be heard separately and no beat will be perceived.

Binaural beats are of interest to neurophysiologists investigating the sense of hearing. Second, binaural beats reportedly influence the brain in more subtle ways through the entrainment of brainwaves[1][2] and can be used to reduce anxiety[3] and provide other health benefits such as control over pain.[4]

Yeah, I've used these before. They work if you get disciplined enough to use them everyday.

Forum List

Back