Anyone enjoy just hiking and camping

yes ...but people don't always enjoy it with us because ..we talk politics and call them Libtards and such if they disagree with us...and keep saying things like ..I bet theres good fishin in that river and ...fuck..I wish I had brought my gun.....

Last edited:
Pretty place Xcited. Eots if that's what you talk about I definitely wouldn't enjoy hiking with you.

I don't like to talk much on a hike.

I used to love hiking up the mountains of the east coast.

Camping?

Not so much.

I used to love hiking up the mountains of the east coast.

Camping?

Not so much.

The Adirondacks?

I've hiked the Rockies, the Sangre de Cristos, the Cascades. I used to love backpacking.

I did camp for two months in northern New Mexico in total silence.

My youngest son often hikes and camps in the Smokies of Georgia and the Carolinas. Just him and his Husky, for a week to ten days.

I love to hike, about 15 miles per day just to see natures wonders and enjoy the time either alone or with others. Southern Arkansas is the nearest mountains/hills to me here in NW Louisiana.

Regards,

The Adirondacks?

And the Poconos, The White Mountains of New Hampshire, Green Mountains of Vermont, the Mountains of Connecticut, and the mountains of Maine, too.

Basically the peaks which the Appalatachian trail from PA to Maine traverse.

I've hiked the Rockies, the Sangre de Cristos, the Cascades. I used to love backpacking.

They're gorgeous mountains, no doubt. bit far for a day trip, though.

I did camp for two months in northern New Mexico in total silence.

One of these days I'll visit that enchanting place.

I still have yet to visit Carlsbad caverns.

we live in the appalachians and enjoy hiking....man does it way more than i do....i am not much for camping now...my ideal of camping is a b/w tv at a coyote motel.

and not fishing and hunting?

Well, while I fish and hunt when the oppertunity is present, most of my hiking is just for the pleasure of being out in the open, and observing the rocks, of course. Most of my hiking and rock hunting has been done in the Northern Cascades, the Oregon Blue Mountains, the high desert country south of Burns, Oregon. I have done a bit in the Rockies, in various places, from Montana to Northern New Mexico. Did several trips into Canada in the 70s, as far up as Yellowknife. Now, as I approach retirement, I am looking forward to some extended camping trips in areas I have scouted out in prior years.

I like to do it all.

There's nothing I like more than a crackling camp fire.

(So you're an outdoorsie, hiker, camper type who enjoys peace and quite. Hmmm... maybe you're not so bad after all.)

Last edited:
I love hiking and camping. I've hiked/camped in Mammoth Cave National park, and up the Grand Staircase - Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce National Park, and the Rocky Mountain National Park.

I jog as often as possible on the Appalachian Trail and spent a week hiking it when I was in college. Always made my parents nervous since two young women were raped and killed on the trail not far from where we lived - but I always tried to explain that people on the trail are probably some of the least likely on earth to hurt another person.

I love hiking and camping. I've hiked/camped in Mammoth Cave National park, and up the Grand Staircase - Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce National Park, and the Rocky Mountain National Park.

I jog as often as possible on the Appalachian Trail and spent a week hiking it when I was in college. Always made my parents nervous since two young women were raped and killed on the trail not far from where we lived - but I always tried to explain that people on the trail are probably some of the least likely on earth to hurt another person.

I always carry a gun with me. It's not just the two-legged variety that you have to worry about. And I've met some nasty humans out there as well. So don't fool yourself.

Attachments

• $Oregon 2003 (168).JPG
    $Oregon 2003 (168).JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I used to backpack in West Texas twice a year, Big Bend and the Guadalupe Mountains.
A friend and I backpacked the Grand Canyon over Christmas holiday. It was 25 degrees with a foot of snow at the canyon edge and 45 degrees on the canyon floor. Probably the most difficult trip I've ever accomplished.

Yes, I do. Although if I was hungry enough I would hunt or fish. I use to hunt and fish with my Dad. It was great. I have to have a reason to hunt, other than sport. No time, and I live in the freaking city

I hate fishing and hunting. Sadly, I'm firmly in the midst of a family of hunters and fishermen.

My earliest memories are of fishing and hunting. Technically, poaching.

I like guns but I hate to be around other ppl with guns. I LOATHE bird hunting. But do you know how many hours I've spent bird hunting? A bazillion hours. I've also spent a bazillion hours fishing, which I loathe even more. And crabbing on the jetty.

Like to camp, like to hike, like to ride horses. NOT DURING HUNTING SEASON, however. Like to shoot at paper targets or pop cans once in a while.

Forum List

Back