Anybody good with batteries?

You could get by with a nice portable panel or two and 2 - 4 batteries...I'm sure that would do you good...

Even with running the A/C?

The RV comes pre wired for four rooftop panels and a portable which we bought just to maintain the batteries while we're gone.

If I could wire up enough panels to run the A/C it would open up a whole new world!!!

Ok, I want a battery for when we go off grid camping. I know I need a deep cycle but the AH and stuff I don't understand.
I will be hooking up a power inverter to it(with alligator clamps) to charge laptop, phones, speakers small stuff like that. I also have a 35 watt portable air conditioner I will be having on all night.
Will be used 2 or 3 nights at a time.
What will last the whole time?
Willing to spend up to 300.

the simple thing would be to get a marine grade deep cycle,, I doubt it will run an AC for very long without recharge but the rest shouldnt be a problem,,

of course you could get two of them and connect them to get a longer life,,

youre looking at close to 150.00 each,,
It really isnt much of an AC though.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YGT76J4/?tag=ff0d01-20
that is small so it is sure to last longer dependin on the run time and other items being charged,,
there are single panel solar kits available to recharge during the day

I'm very curious to see how it works out cause its perfect size for my teardrop trailer
My buddy got the same thing and he loves it. It would definitely cool a teardrop. I'm using a tent.
Im also stuck on a nice ground tent or a rooftop tent. I would rather have a teardrop but I dont want a payment until my truck is paid for. I want the offroad ones because I go through some harsh terrain.

Wanna buy my rooftop tent with an A/C and heater?
View attachment 307992 View attachment 307993

The A/C and heater is still in the box. Obviously not the one shown but the same model.
I could also give you a good deal on a Honda 2200 generator to run it.
I was going to get a roof top but I decided against it. My son will want to be up there with us so we would need a big one and I dont want one that big lol

You could get by with a nice portable panel or two and 2 - 4 batteries...I'm sure that would do you good...

The RV comes pre wired for four rooftop panels and a portable which we bought just to maintain the batteries while we're gone.

If I could wire up enough panels to run the A/C it would open up a whole new world!!!
That depends on your AC...today's RV AC's are not the power hogs they use to be...but if you are already wired for panels on the roof I would go that route if I were you...but have them professionally installed...keep in mind that when its really hot most people want to camp under a tree for shade....making it harder for your roof panels...but also today's panels are better in shade too...

And you can add panels one or two at a time...this helps with affordability...

the simple thing would be to get a marine grade deep cycle,, I doubt it will run an AC for very long without recharge but the rest shouldnt be a problem,,

of course you could get two of them and connect them to get a longer life,,

youre looking at close to 150.00 each,,
It really isnt much of an AC though.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YGT76J4/?tag=ff0d01-20
that is small so it is sure to last longer dependin on the run time and other items being charged,,

I'm very curious to see how it works out cause its perfect size for my teardrop trailer
My buddy got the same thing and he loves it. It would definitely cool a teardrop. I'm using a tent.
Im also stuck on a nice ground tent or a rooftop tent. I would rather have a teardrop but I dont want a payment until my truck is paid for. I want the offroad ones because I go through some harsh terrain.

The A/C and heater is still in the box. Obviously not the one shown but the same model.
I was going to get a roof top but I decided against it. My son will want to be up there with us so we would need a big one and I dont want one that big lol

Yeah...The James will only sleep two comfortably but it's bullet proof when it comes to weather.
There are plenty of family size rooftop tents but if you're like me I dont want to leave it on my truck all the time hence the trailer.

That depends on your AC...today's RV AC's are not the power hogs they use to be...but if you are already wired for panels on the roof I would go that route if I were you...but have them professionally installed...keep in mind that when its really hot most people want to camp under a tree for shade....making it harder for your roof panels...but also today's panels are better in shade too...

If I remember correctly they put the next one up from the 13500 BTU since we're in Texas.
This is the actual RV we bought and I cant seem to find the actual BTU's.
New 2019 Lance Lance Travel Trailers 1995 Travel Trailer at Princess Craft Campers | Round Rock, TX | #326369

If I remember correctly they put the next one up from the 13500 BTU since we're in Texas.
New 2019 Lance Lance Travel Trailers 1995 Travel Trailer at Princess Craft Campers | Round Rock, TX | #326369

I take that back. This isnt the actual unit,our interior colors are saddle leather.

Probably 15,000

ᐅ RV Air Conditioners - Find the best AC unit | Dometic

Probably 15,000

While my Lance doesnt compare to your class A ride it does beat out all other Towable RV's in quality other than the Airstream.
It'll be a good test to see if the Wife and I want to take it further and go full time once we sell the house.
Have you got any insight about the experience,good and bad?
Our biggest concern is we'll get tired of it....or should I say it's Her biggest concern.

Probably 15,000

While my Lance doesnt compare to your class A ride it does beat out all other Towable RV's in quality other than the Airstream.
It'll be a good test to see if the Wife and I want to take it further and go full time once we sell the house.
Our biggest concern is we'll get tired of it....or should I say it's Her biggest concern.
There are a lot of rigs out there with very low mileage because people don't use their RV's as much as they thought they would...but full time RVing?...I've thought about it...I and my ex wife went on a 6 month trip around the nation...I never had more fun...

We went everywhere and anywhere we wanted...Disney world...mt Rushmore...Texas coastline New Orleans for Mardi gras...the west coast redwood forests...but we had a home base to return to...
My advise would be to take an extended trip before you sell off everything for full time...an RV is very different than a home....

Always needing to fill tanks and dump waste...but if you have a decent income you can be comfortable and go to the nicer parks...
We even boon docked in Wallmarts and Home depots from time to time...

My ex just bought a class B Mercedes...Its really sharp...and I still use my class A...I'll even take it out for the day to the beach with the grand kids...so mine gets used often...

Watch some full timers on youtube...get an idea what it would be like...

Ok, I want a battery for when we go off grid camping. I know I need a deep cycle but the AH and stuff I don't understand.
I will be hooking up a power inverter to it(with alligator clamps) to charge laptop, phones, speakers small stuff like that. I also have a 35 watt portable air conditioner I will be having on all night.
Wow. Young people "off grid" a lot different than we used to. Pitch a tent, ring a fire pit with stones, dig a latrine hole and cover it with a piece of plywood. Morning ablutions in the river. For special moments after everyone is super stoned, turn on the car and listen to music on the stereo for awhile.

laptops, ac, phones?

What must the bears think?

Sure when you're young.

The Wife said no more primitive camping!!!
By that she means a bathroom with a hot water shower,A/C and heat.
And to be honest I'm right there with Her.
To me it's more about setting everything up and tearing it down for a two night stay. Way to much work.
Hell,I built my own shower system to try and get Her to go with me when I went to the lake but the sticking point was always the bathroom. Or as she put it....HELL no I'm not shitting in the woods!!!!
View attachment 308008

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper in the long run just to go find a motel?

I've done a whole lot of camping but to me camping means a tent way out and away where most people can't even get to unless they walk in for the most part.

Probably 15,000

There are a lot of rigs out there with very low mileage because people don't use their RV's as much as they thought they would...but full time RVing?...I've thought about it...I and my ex wife went on a 6 month trip around the nation...I never had more fun...

We went everywhere and anywhere we wanted...Disney world...mt Rushmore...Texas coastline New Orleans for Mardi gras...the west coast redwood forests...but we had a home base to return to...
My advise would be to take an extended trip before you sell off everything for full time...an RV is very different than a home....

Always needing to fill tanks and dump waste...but if you have a decent income you can be comfortable and go to the nicer parks...

My ex just bought a class B Mercedes...Its really sharp...and I still use my class A...I'll even take it out for the day to the beach with the grand kids...so mine gets used often...

I've watched a bunch of their vids.
At this point we're looking for acreage in the 40 plus acre range with a 3 or 4 acre lake on it or a creek to feed one we build and having a Barndominium built.
It sucks being at the age that your last decision will most likely be your last.

Wow. Young people "off grid" a lot different than we used to. Pitch a tent, ring a fire pit with stones, dig a latrine hole and cover it with a piece of plywood. Morning ablutions in the river. For special moments after everyone is super stoned, turn on the car and listen to music on the stereo for awhile.

laptops, ac, phones?

What must the bears think?

Sure when you're young.

The Wife said no more primitive camping!!!
By that she means a bathroom with a hot water shower,A/C and heat.
And to be honest I'm right there with Her.
To me it's more about setting everything up and tearing it down for a two night stay. Way to much work.
Hell,I built my own shower system to try and get Her to go with me when I went to the lake but the sticking point was always the bathroom. Or as she put it....HELL no I'm not shitting in the woods!!!!
View attachment 308008

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper in the long run just to go find a motel?

I've done a whole lot of camping but to me camping means a tent way out and away where most people can't even get to unless they walk in for the most part.

You wont find a hotel where we want to stay.

There is no single battery that will do that as far as I know.

We searched all brands to find a good quality RV.
There are plenty of em out there that cost 14 to 18k in the 20 ft range but most are garbage.

We love the 45 gallon Black water as well as the rest of the tanks holding the same. All the tanks are heated to stop freezing and there's double pane windows throughout.
It's a true 4 season RV and it has all the bells and whistles.

Yeah...The James will only sleep two comfortably but it's bullet proof when it comes to weather.
There are plenty of family size rooftop tents but if you're like me I dont want to leave it on my truck all the time hence the trailer.
Yea. I found one big enough for under 1200 bucks but it woulf be a bitch getting it up and down by myself. My explorer is too high for my boy or gf to help.
I am going to get a blackout ground tent for now and when I pay my vehicle off, im getting an offroad teardrop.
Thats the plan anyway.

Probably 15,000

There are a lot of rigs out there with very low mileage because people don't use their RV's as much as they thought they would...but full time RVing?...I've thought about it...I and my ex wife went on a 6 month trip around the nationteardrop. had more fun...

my dream retirement is to retire early, sell everything amd buy an amazing RV and just live on the road. Well, until I get too old lol

Forum List

Back