Any wrestlers?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by brewerboy, May 29, 2009.

1. brewerboy

brewerboy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I'm pretty hard-core myself.

Been wrestling since I was very young. The family joke is that my first practice I took a stuffed animal along. I refuse to believe it :tongue:

My oldest brother is pretty hard-core himself. He was a state Champ back in the 80s, and was one of my 3 Junior High wrestling coaches. We're both the assholes that are at the side of the mat screaming when it comes to friends wrestling.

My mom told us the story of sitting in the stands at a tournament one year while I was wrestling. A couple other moms were commenting on what an asshole my brother was and how mean he was being to me. My mom just turned around and said "They're brothers, and both are die-hard." :lol:

I'm a big fan of both the double and single legs and I also use the T-bar every chance I get (if you havent experienced the T-Bar, thank your lucky stars). Dont even attempt to get me in a front headlock, cause you'll just end up on your back. My bread and butter is what we call the "Head in armpit" where you do just that. When you got a mofo on his belly, grab his wrist and turn it, tightwaist em, and ram your head in his armpit and walk torwards his head. He'll be on his back in .2 and it wont be long til the ref blows his whistle and slaps his hand on the mat.

I've been known to make people puke with my tight-waist :tongue:

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    High school wrestling in Hawaii---5th in state. Take down artist

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    My dad used to wrestle and he showed us a few moves, they have come in handy over the years in difficuilt situations when close up or down and dirty.Anyone that thinks it's fake, take my word for it, it's not for soft shites.:cool:

4. brewerboy

brewerboy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Thatta boy.

Every time I step into a gym and get a whiff of the wrestling mats, my heart starts pounding.

Hell, even bleach does it to me from time to time :lol:

5. brewerboy

brewerboy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Absolutely.

I cant think of a fight I've gotten into where I didnt resort to the ol tricks of the trade.

It USUALLY works out well for me :tongue:

6. brewerboy

brewerboy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    What was your bread and butter take-down?

7. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    Wrestling, judo etc beats striking arts in real life hands down.

8. brewerboy

brewerboy Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I agree.

Hell if you know a little bit about ANYTHING you're better prepared for a fight than most guys you'll be fighting off the street.

Not to say I havent been on the business end of a an ass beating here and there :lol:

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,173
    I was All State 1988 (5th) and got a partial scholarship to Eastern Michigan University. In college, our assistant coach was Steve Frasier, olympic gold medalist. He was a bad mother fo. He beat the shit out of me daily and I loved it because now who's gonna scare me? Right? You get beat up by the best and it makes everyone else a lot less intimidating.

I quit baseball, basketball and football my sophomore year because of politics in team sports and was too young to start working, so someone suggested I try out for wrestling. I was a natural right from the start. I don't know a lot of moves, but could instintively get out/away when someone had me down. I could headlock, front headlock, pancake. What I didn't know, I made up for in strength. Guys at the state tournament who could beat me because they had been wrestling for years said to me, "god I wish I was built like you". 5'6, 17 inch biceps, built like Mike Tyson.

I was metro detroit powerlifting champ my senior year, so you can imagine I was strong as a bull. No one could pin me because I could just bridge on my head while they were on top of me. I was the funniest wrestler you ever saw. I would pick guys up and carry them around the ring like rag dolls.

You know how it is illegal to slam someone on their back? Well I would pick guys up and run across the ring and dive with them on the bottom, only I would make sure their feet hit first, because then it was legal. The first year I wrestled I learned a lot because the guy who was varsity would never go to tournaments when there were other guys that could beat him. So I'd go and win a few matches and then those great wrestlers who were older than me would beat the crap out of me. That year I was 167 not 155, and I was also young for my grade. So here I was a 15 year old getting beat up by 17 and 18 year olds. But I won enough matches to get my varsity letter the first year. I was so happy.

And I broke my highschool record for takedowns because I didn't know what to do with them once I got them down, so I just let them up and took them down over and over again. LOL. I wouldn't advise it. Very tiring.

I went to a freestyle tournament and was the first person in Michigan to pick someone up when they were trying to fish and souflay them onto their back for a pin/win. Before that, it was only worth points but they changed the rule that year so me and my buddies practiced on those big cushy mats that you use to practice throws. The kid tried to fish onto the ground but before his stomach hit the mat, I had him locked up. I got a standing ovation. Then in the finals some skinny kid who freestyled his whole life beat me by tossing me everytime I came in. I didn't even realize he was getting all those points for the throws and I wasn't getting any for ending up on top. It was sooo embarrassing.

I even invented a move. The league where I grew up actually calls it by my last name. I don't know a lot of moves, so I had to make some up. When they are on the bottom and you are on top, I put my right leg in between their legs, only not the leg you are thinking. I put my right leg in between but I go in from your left side. That's not the right side. But then the opponent always locks your leg with theirs instinctively. So then you grab their head and arm, straighten them out by straightening your leg back and act like you are trying to pop their head off like a dandylion, and then roll. I could never pin anyone this way but I got back points.

Anyways, I love wrestling. It got me into college and to this day I'm still a bad ass at 38. I even got attacked at a mall by 3 20somethings and I whooped this kid who was 6 foot something and about 250 lbs. He didn't see that coming. I'm 5'6, old and fat now. LOL.

You should go into ultimate fighting. A few of my boys have. One of my buddies, I used to beat him in wrestling all the time, is now in the UFC

Here he is. James Lee. UFC 80: Alessio Sakara vs. James Lee (Exclusive) at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets — MMAmania.com

He got his ass kicked by Alessio because he didn't train hard. He's lazy. Just look how soft he is. He tried to shoot in on this guy and pulled his back. What did he expect? He's got to be 36 years old by now. And his opponent was smart to go down to 205 and James is staying a heavyweight so he doesn't have to lose weight. LOL. Probably sick of losing weight. I know I was by the time I stopped.

So have you placed in the state tournament yet? How old are you? And what weight?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,173
    Did you see some karate guy beat Rashad Evans? I heard he said, "karate is back baby".