Any thoughts on whats going on in Korea people?

Last June Peter Lee offered these thoughts on North Korea's future:

"Increasingly, North Korea does not represent a threat.

"Instead, it represents East Asia's last frontier, an untapped treasure-house of human and mineral wealth to be exploited by the regional and world powers that are able to guide its integration into the global economy."

Lee seems to believe that the reunification of the Korean peninsula and who benefits the most directly from it has to be considered whenever "provocations" occur:

"South Korea's latest Vision 3000 video-conference pitch was hosted by Goldman Sachs.

"A high tech trends website, h+, breathlessly spun the latest reunification scenario: it will pay for itself!

"With 'change left over!'

"Just like Iraq!

Jesus Christ. You make a retarded chicken look like Stephen Hawking. :eusa_eh:

I just saw on the news that a battleship was headed in the direction of Korea for a training exercise with the South Koreans. Whats going on!

Its a show of force after the fact.

Obama will do nothing to retaliate and he won't let the South Koreans do so either.

animated_annie.gif

"Instead, it represents East Asia's last frontier, an untapped treasure-house of human and mineral wealth to be exploited by the regional and world powers that are able to guide its integration into the global economy."

Lee seems to believe that the reunification of the Korean peninsula and who benefits the most directly from it has to be considered whenever "provocations" occur:

"South Korea's latest Vision 3000 video-conference pitch was hosted by Goldman Sachs.

"A high tech trends website, h+, breathlessly spun the latest reunification scenario: it will pay for itself!

"Just like Iraq!

Jesus Christ. You make a retarded chicken look like Stephen Hawking. :eusa_eh:
"More (Hawking?) arithmetic for you:

"The Rand Corporation estimates the cost of Korean reunification at $50 billion, Credit Suisse insists $1.5 trillion is the expense, and Stanford fellow Peter M. Beck posits an alarmist $2-$5 trillion.

"Question: Who's got that kind of cash?

"Answer: North Korean mines. 360 minerals are sequestered in the Hermit Kingdom's caves, many trapped by flooding and NK's [North Korea's] appalling infrastructure.

"Billions of tons of coal, iron, zinc, magnesite, nickel, uranium, tungsten, phosphate, graphite, gold, silver, mercury, sulfur, limestone, copper, manganese, molybdenum... worth an estimated $2-$6 trillion (Goldman Sach's figure is $2.5 trillion).

"Reunification
could be entirely paid for by these mines, perhaps with change left over."

Do you "think" 2 - 6 trillion dollars might be an incentive for war games, Einstein?

Peter Lee

There is supposed to be a joint navy-marines exercise going on right now anyway. A battleship would mean nothing in Korea. A pair of Aircraft carriers suddenly activated, that would be a story

these exercises are run on a regular schedule every six months or so. North Korea has decided to regard each of them as a provocation over the last two years.

South Korea is really big on Civil Defense drills. the whole city of Seoul shuts down for half an hour on the first tuesday of the month as they practice setting up evacuation drills.

Of course we canceled the exercise because the White House is spineless.

They're sending a Carrier group there. I think they need several. Blow that short SOB to hell if he tries anything else.

I just saw on the news that a battleship was headed in the direction of Korea for a training exercise with the South Koreans. Whats going on!

We are headed towards a another war there. And notice the Russian-China trade tie in dropping the USD. Things will be getting hot in Asia

Earlier this week, North Korea engaged South Korea in a two-minute artillery attack along the Yeonpyeong, a strip of several tiny, sparsely populated islands nestled in the Pacific Ocean roughly seven miles off the coast of North Korea. There, hundreds of fishermen live alongside the roughly 1,000 South Korean sailors who found themselves under attack, according to news reports. Two civilians are said to have died in the barrage.

As the USS George Washington, an American warship, rushes to the seas around Korea in aid of its ally, South Korea, North Korea has ramped up the rhetoric, officials reportedly saying the country is at the verge of a war.

The fear, of course, is that a dispute over land that's seemingly insignificant will grow into a larger conflict that drags in the United States and involves other countries, such as powerhouse China, which is separated from the Korean peninsula by a river in the north.

Last edited:
There is supposed to be a joint navy-marines exercise going on right now anyway. A battleship would mean nothing in Korea. A pair of Aircraft carriers suddenly activated, that would be a story

these exercises are run on a regular schedule every six months or so. North Korea has decided to regard each of them as a provocation over the last two years.

South Korea is really big on Civil Defense drills. the whole city of Seoul shuts down for half an hour on the first tuesday of the month as they practice setting up evacuation drills.

They're sending a Carrier group there. I think they need several. Blow that short SOB to hell if he tries anything else.
At the expense of how many South Korean lives?

We are headed towards a another war there. And notice the Russian-China trade tie in dropping the USD. Things will be getting hot in Asia

Earlier this week, North Korea engaged South Korea in a two-minute artillery attack along the Yeonpyeong, a strip of several tiny, sparsely populated islands nestled in the Pacific Ocean roughly seven miles off the coast of North Korea. There, hundreds of fishermen live alongside the roughly 1,000 South Korean sailors who found themselves under attack, according to news reports. Two civilians are said to have died in the barrage.

As the USS George Washington, an American warship, rushes to the seas around Korea in aid of its ally, South Korea, North Korea has ramped up the rhetoric, officials reportedly saying the country is at the verge of a war.

The fear, of course, is that a dispute over land that's seemingly insignificant will grow into a larger conflict that drags in the United States and involves other countries, such as powerhouse China, which is separated from the Korean peninsula by a river in the north.
The odds are overwhelming that in a few day the Yeonpyeong incidents will simply blow over.

That doesn't mean that someday an incident like Yeonpyeong won't simply BLOW mushroom clouds for a few days.

If a couple of those clouds rise over New York and DC...?

How's all of that Hope And Change working for ya.

The odds are overwhelming that in a few day the Yeonpyeong incidents will simply blow over.

That doesn't mean that someday an incident like Yeonpyeong won't simply BLOW mushroom clouds for a few days.

With the wimp we have in the WH chances are it won't blow over.

At the expense of how many South Korean lives?

South Korean lives evidently don't mean shit to the Hussein. Many died earlier this year when they sank the sub. Now this. And he has done nothing.

I guess as long as its a bunch of slant eyes dying Obama don't care.

tom03.gif

"Just like Iraq!

North Korean attack on South Korea: 8 provocations of the past decade

Scientist: North Korea has 'stunning' new nuclear facility

No...not much of a threat at all...

North Korea represents a pocket of deep poverty in an area of the world that is rapidly raising the living standard in almost every other nation there. The people are kept as isolated as possible, and fed constant lies. And they know it. Just as the people in the old USSR knew it. The only way that the rulers of North Korea can keep them in line is the constant outside threat line.

Keep them penned up long enough, make it plain that any use of nuclear on their part will result in annililation, and work at getting as much information concerning the state of the rest of the world to the North Korean people as possible. That will eventually bring down this Communist Monarchy.

President Obama's response, bringing in an aircraft carrier group is a responsible response. It states that North Korea will not survive a real war, and increases the available options to respond to any more provocations. It is not to anyone's interest to have a full blown war on the Korean Peninsula.

He has to be an improvement over the last two generations.

I frankly don't know what to think of it.

I mean isn't this how Vietnam escalated? The North attacking the South (or was the South attacking the North, hell I was only a baby when Vietnam started, and technically it started before I as born anyway)

I mean thanks to Clinton, NK has weapons guidance systems and nukes. I am frankly clueless as the moment on what to think of the whole thing. :confused:

It definitely has me worried.

This is what we get for not finishing up the job the first time... Sounds a bit like Iraq, huh?

Yeah, when Bush 41 left Saddam in place, I wouldn't vote for him in 92 because I thought that was a huge mistake and we would be forced to go back and finish the job. I was also outraged that we went to war to help Kuait, then left the Kurds to freeze to death in the mud or be killed by Saddam. It was horrible.

Half measures never work in war. You either win it or you will be back to finish the job.

All we KNOW, is what we HEAR.​

We'll find-out....eventually.....​

Fortunately.....The Chickenhawks are no-longer in The Oval Office.​

Hold it, Obama isn't a "chickenhawk?????????"

I mean how dumb can you be?

Obama has never been to war. He is still leading a war (in Afghanistan).

So, Obama is your "chickenhawk." LOL!

And I bet you will tell me Obama doesn't count, which will be very funny and VERY HYPOCRITICAL.

I mean you just walked into that one.

Perfect example of liberals. They always condemn in others what they refuse to see in themselves OR their ilk.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back