Any thoughts on whats going on in Korea people?

This is what we get for not finishing up the job the first time... Sounds a bit like Iraq, huh?

There was no way to "finish" the job that didn't wind up a nuclear holocaust.

Um, yeah, that's what liberals said about Reagan's effort to topple the Soviet Union.

They were wrong.

Besides that, what is your answer to aggressive nations with nukes. We just cower and let them have their way, or stare them down as JFK did?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All we KNOW, is what we HEAR.​

We'll find-out....eventually.....​

Fortunately.....The Chickenhawks are no-longer in The Oval Office.

Ya know Mr. Shameful you might be on to something in regards to your link about the democrat lie that got us into Vietnam.

You got a NAME (for that Dem, at the Pentagon).....

"On the night of Aug. 4, the Pentagon proclaimed that a second attack by North Vietnamese PT boats had occurred earlier that day in the Tonkin Gulf — a report cited by President Johnson as he went on national TV that evening to announce a momentous escalation in the war: air strikes against North Vietnam."

.....Or, is that just your ass, talkin'......again?? :eusa_eh:

You DO know that we got involved in Vietnam during the DEMOCRAT administrations of Kennedy and Johnson, right????????

I mean what the hell? It sure as hell wasn't Republicans that did it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If South Korea or US decides that the time has passed for giving into bad behavior, duck and cover is the best advice to be given to Asia. Not likely yet.

It's not going to happen. President Obama has shown a willingness to use military force. Seriously..from misting the heads of Pirates holding a ship captain to escalting the war in Afghanistan, where has this guy backed down?

What he did in parking the navy close by, was a proportional response to a ridiculous situation.

He's bowed to every despot in the world, while apologizing for this country.

Obama loves communists like Hugo Chavez and you think he's going to fight communists?

I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

Last June Peter Lee offered these thoughts on North Korea's future:

"Increasingly, North Korea does not represent a threat.

"Instead, it represents East Asia's last frontier, an untapped treasure-house of human and mineral wealth to be exploited by the regional and world powers that are able to guide its integration into the global economy."

Lee seems to believe that the reunification of the Korean peninsula and who benefits the most directly from it has to be considered whenever "provocations" occur:

"South Korea's latest Vision 3000 video-conference pitch was hosted by Goldman Sachs.

"A high tech trends website, h+, breathlessly spun the latest reunification scenario: it will pay for itself!

"With 'change left over!'

"Just like Iraq!

North Korean attack on South Korea: 8 provocations of the past decade

Scientist: North Korea has 'stunning' new nuclear facility

No...not much of a threat at all...
How do North Korea's threats compare to the menace posed to NK by 29,000 US troops stationed south of the 38th parallel?

Would you feel threatened by 29,000 North Korean troops massed in Cuba or Mexico?

How about a pair of NK aircraft carriers off Florida's First Coast?

"Instead, it represents East Asia's last frontier, an untapped treasure-house of human and mineral wealth to be exploited by the regional and world powers that are able to guide its integration into the global economy."

Lee seems to believe that the reunification of the Korean peninsula and who benefits the most directly from it has to be considered whenever "provocations" occur:

"South Korea's latest Vision 3000 video-conference pitch was hosted by Goldman Sachs.

"A high tech trends website, h+, breathlessly spun the latest reunification scenario: it will pay for itself!

"Just like Iraq!

How do North Korea's threats compare to the menace posed to NK by 29,000 US troops stationed south of the 38th parallel?

Would you feel threatened by 29,000 North Korean troops massed in Cuba or Mexico?

Not a student of history are you? The Korean War never ended. There was only a cessation of hostilities in 1953.

They are technically still at WAR.

Watch China. N & S Korea are always at it. If China takes action, we're all fucked.

I just saw on the news that a battleship was headed in the direction of Korea for a training exercise with the South Koreans. Whats going on!

For your information there are no active battleships in the world.

This exercise was announced in July and is not in response to the incident earlier this week.
Naval Readiness Exercise Announced

Kim Jong-un who is the heir apparent may be showing the military that he is no dove. I do not think that this will escalate into a full fledged conflict but things like that will continue to happen as long as the Koreas are split. Things like this have happened since the armistice.

Now this is in China’s sphere of interest and if the Chinese think that a war in Korea would help their chances on taking Taiwan they may silently push for it. I don’t believe the Chinese are ready yet to invade Taiwan so I don’t think they will back a Korean war at this time. I see China using Korea in the future as a way of diverting the US response to a Taiwan invasion.

Here is the scenario:
1. China completes it modernization of its forces and decides it can invade Taiwan and inflict considerable damage to any American forces injected into the theater. They are not far off right now on this capability.
2. China instigates N. Korea to attack S. Korea. This brings the US forces in the Pacific into the war and the US must commit more marines, aircraft and naval forces to the Korean theater of operations. Remember we have many forces committed to the Persian Gulf area and Afghanistan that we cannot move.
3. After a week or so after US forces are committed or in the pipeline the Chinese assault Taiwan in a surprise attack. I believe this will be superseded by a massive infiltration of Taiwan by espionage agents who mission will be to take out key power station, communications and military targets. A fifth column so to speak.
4. The US which has a formal commitment to Korea must stand there. We do not have a formal treaty with Taiwan so we are not obligated to respond to that attack. Plus we may not be capable of diverting forces to that theater.

This is the scenario that I see coming up sometime in the next 10 years. And there might be an Iranian aspect here too. If war breaks out here, and in Korea too the time will be ripe for China to take Taiwan and we can not do anything about it.

"Just like Iraq!

So, according to this lefty it's America's fault.

Typical.

:cuckoo:

If the North Koreans convert to Judaism they can do whatever they want.

Thank you Mr. Anti-semite.

Tell that to the Israelis who are constantly attacked by terrorism and yet are always lectured by us to act with "restraint."

Yet when America is attacked on 9/11?????????

I always thought Israel should have told the US to piss off after that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not a student of history are you? The Korean War never ended. There was only a cessation of hostilities in 1953.

Do you think this account of Korean history is accurate?

"The Korean peninsula, peopled by one of the world's most homogeneous ethnic groups, and united from the seventh century through 1945, is now divided into two nations due primarily to the actions of the Truman administration and the U.S. military.

"This is something upon which South and North Koreans agree."

North Korea...

"The Korean peninsula, peopled by one of the world's most homogeneous ethnic groups, and united from the seventh century through 1945, is now divided into two nations due primarily to the actions of the Truman administration and the U.S. military.

North Korea...

Oh those poor Chinese backed Communists. They were "picked on" by Truman. Boo freaking hoo!

North Korea...

The nighttime photo I posted says it all...not your revisionist history bullshit.

North Korea...

Oh those poor Chinese backed Communists. They were "picked on" by Truman. Boo freaking hoo!

But yet now China is our banker...whoulda' thunk it eh? ;)

I just saw on the news that a battleship was headed in the direction of Korea for a training exercise with the South Koreans. Whats going on!

This exercise was announced in July and is not in response to the incident earlier this week.

Kim Jong-un who is the heir apparent may be showing the military that he is no dove. I do not think that this will escalate into a full fledged conflict but things like that will continue to happen as long as the Koreas are split. Things like this have happened since the armistice.

Now this is in China’s sphere of interest and if the Chinese think that a war in Korea would help their chances on taking Taiwan they may silently push for it. I don’t believe the Chinese are ready yet to invade Taiwan so I don’t think they will back a Korean war at this time. I see China using Korea in the future as a way of diverting the US response to a Taiwan invasion.

Here is the scenario:
1. China completes it modernization of its forces and decides it can invade Taiwan and inflict considerable damage to any American forces injected into the theater. They are not far off right now on this capability.
2. China instigates N. Korea to attack S. Korea. This brings the US forces in the Pacific into the war and the US must commit more marines, aircraft and naval forces to the Korean theater of operations. Remember we have many forces committed to the Persian Gulf area and Afghanistan that we cannot move.
3. After a week or so after US forces are committed or in the pipeline the Chinese assault Taiwan in a surprise attack. I believe this will be superseded by a massive infiltration of Taiwan by espionage agents who mission will be to take out key power station, communications and military targets. A fifth column so to speak.
4. The US which has a formal commitment to Korea must stand there. We do not have a formal treaty with Taiwan so we are not obligated to respond to that attack. Plus we may not be capable of diverting forces to that theater.

This is the scenario that I see coming up sometime in the next 10 years. And there might be an Iranian aspect here too. If war breaks out here, and in Korea too the time will be ripe for China to take Taiwan and we can not do anything about it.
Assuming your scenario is correct at least up to Point 2.

Do you foresee any attempt in this country to reinstate the Draft?

Any thoughts on how much profit Halliburton would bank from action like this?

North Korea...

The nighttime photo I posted says it all...not your revisionist history bullshit.
Your nightime photo doesn't mention No Gun Ri...

"'On summer nights when the breeze is blowing, I can still hear their cries, the little kids screaming,' said Edward Daily.

"This U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War was talking about the killing of hundreds of refugees, mostly women, children and old men at No Gun Ri on July 26-29, 1950."

55 Years After...

North Korea...

But yet now China is our banker...whoulda' thunk it eh? ;)

I always thought that was a bad idea, doing business with communists.

I blame Nixon taking us off the gold standard.

Here is the scenario:

Assuming your scenario is correct at least up to Point 2.

Do you foresee any attempt in this country to reinstate the Draft?

Any thoughts on how much profit Halliburton would bank from action like this?

I do not foresee any plausible attempt to reinstate the draft except in a war with China. But the problem with initiating a draft in response to a conflict is the lag time between training recruits and putting them on the line. Your talking about 4 months minimum to get raw recruits. You also have lag time in refurbishing equipment, ammunition and weapons used and lost in a conflict in a prolonged conflict. We just cannot throw everything we have into one theater, we have too many other commitments around the globe. Sure we can get our 51st state (England) to commit some forces but there again they have commitments.

All of this brings about something that I believe is gaining popularity in this country in some circles and that is outsourcing more of the armed forces. We have already outsourced part of it in the supply train and security forces. Could you see in the future tank drivers and loaders being sub contractors while the tank commander and gunner being regular Army? In reality the only ones actually doing the fighting are the gunner and the commander therefore technically the loader and driver can be sub contracted out. The same way at airbases, all the maintenance people and some pilots can be outsourced. Look at the savings to the government. No GI bill, no long term commitments to health care or retirement.

Would the loader and driver be part of the same chain of command?

What about pay scale?

I've heard some Army and Marine officers today object to the pay private contractors receive in combat zones?

I think the question Einstein and Russell asked 55 years ago regarding war's end game is more relevant.

"...shall we put an end to the human race; or shall mankind renounce war."

Maybe a specie that kills its young for money or glory is hardwired to self-destruct about the time its weapons begin leaving its planet's surface?

Upper Division Natural Selection?

Forum List

Back