Any Fans of Megadose Magnesium Supplements?

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
For a few months I've been taking several hundred milligrams of chelated magnesium a day, which has had an amazingly relaxing, almost stoned effect on me. As my doctor told me a while back during my physical checkup, Mg is a natural sedative and anti-hypertensive (my recent BP test was 100-something/70-something). As well as improving the nervous system and liver function in certain ways. As well as being a vital bone-building nutrient in our bodies. As relaxing as Mg often is, it oddly gives me more energy at the same time - I know that sounds a bit contradictory, but it's certainly nice on the nervous system either way.

What "chelation" means is a chemical manner in which minerals can absorb into our intestines in fairly large amounts; it means that clumps of mineral atoms are compounded onto protein molecules, so it tricks the intestines into thinking they're digesting an amino acid, but that protein molecule digests with a bunch of mineral atoms riding piggyback. I know it works well because the day after I take chelated magnesium, my urine gets so unusually cloudy it's hard to even see the trapway at the bottom of my toilet bowl ....I mean, my glorious royal bathroom "throne." Most minerals are water-soluble so your body uses what it needs and casually flushes out the excess.

I forgot to mention, sometimes a giant burst of Mg can take a person's intestines by surprise, so I always take an Imodium/loperamide anti-diarrhea pill with my magnesium just to be on the safe side. So far no "regularity" problems.

When Rod takes his Magnesium regularly along with the other goodies his AFIB calms down. The various minerals all work in sync with one another. If you are short on one another one lacking may be the cause of the body not properly absorbing the minerals into the cells. It will also work for getting rid of some muscle spasms if your minerals are in short supply, not all but some.

When Rod takes his Magnesium regularly along with the other goodies his AFIB calms down. The various minerals all work in sync with one another. If you are short on one another one lacking may be the cause of the body not properly absorbing the minerals into the cells. It will also work for getting rid of some muscle spasms if your minerals are in short supply, not all but some.

Absolutely. Taking in a variety of nutrients is sort of like a delicately balanced nutritional "web." They all sort of depend on each other in many ways to chemically complete various bodily actions

For a few months I've been taking several hundred milligrams of chelated magnesium a day, which has had an amazingly relaxing, almost stoned effect on me. As my doctor told me a while back during my physical checkup, Mg is a natural sedative and anti-hypertensive (my recent BP test was 100-something/70-something). As well as improving the nervous system and liver function in certain ways. As well as being a vital bone-building nutrient in our bodies. As relaxing as Mg often is, it oddly gives me more energy at the same time - I know that sounds a bit contradictory, but it's certainly nice on the nervous system either way.

What "chelation" means is a chemical manner in which minerals can absorb into our intestines in fairly large amounts; it means that clumps of mineral atoms are compounded onto protein molecules, so it tricks the intestines into thinking they're digesting an amino acid, but that protein molecule digests with a bunch of mineral atoms riding piggyback. I know it works well because the day after I take chelated magnesium, my urine gets so unusually cloudy it's hard to even see the trapway at the bottom of my toilet bowl ....I mean, my glorious royal bathroom "throne." Most minerals are water-soluble so your body uses what it needs and casually flushes out the excess.
Interesting. But too much of anything can be bad, even water.

Absolutely. Taking in a variety of nutrients is sort of like a delicately balanced nutritional "web." They all sort of depend on each other in many ways to chemically complete various bodily actions
I was reading an article on Potassium the other day where they have discovered that it helps the cells properly retain Calcium. For me that has been an issue after a surgery from 40+ years ago and an even more recent one making matters worse in that aspect. I started taking Turmeric for my extra Potassium source and a tad bit of salt as these are two that work in sync. I notice a bit of a difference in a little over a week so now it is a matter of trying to remember to take these and some other herbs and vitamins stuffs several times throughout the day.

Forum List

Back