Anti Trump ninth circuit upheld US flag ban, despite first amendment

Ultra-liberal court tries to rewrite Constitution instead of interpreting existing law

The Ninth Circuit Court, which blocked President Trump’s constitutional order banning immigration from terrorist hot zones, once upheld an US flag ban despite conflict with the First Amendment.

Anti-Trump Ninth Circuit Upheld US Flag Ban, Despite First Amendment
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These POS JUDGES need to GTF off the bench hopefully these losers get removed, fired, caught at something. They are American traitors.

The Ninth Circuit Court is the MOST OVERTURNED circuit court in the country with over 80 percent of their decisions overturned by the Supreme Court. Progressives shopped for this Court know this particular court was most likely challenge this executive order. Shameful and embarrassing.
You do know you're lying right?

You do know your head is still stuck up Obama's ass right.
Aw, poor little sheep doesn't know his buddy was lying :itsok:

:boohoo:

The Ninth Circuit Court is the MOST OVERTURNED circuit court in the country with over 80 percent of their decisions overturned by the Supreme Court. Progressives shopped for this Court know this particular court was most likely challenge this executive order. Shameful and embarrassing.
You do know you're lying right?

It is the third most overturned but the 80 percent is about right
The 9th circuit makes over 10,000 decisions per year. The Supreme court might make 80 per year, 10 - 20 at most from the 9th circuit. The 80% figure is a blatant lie.

61.1% reversed, 18.9% vacated, 20% affirmed
To be clear, are you suggesting the supreme court reversed 61.1% of all the decisions made by the 9th circuit court out of whatever year you got those numbers from? Because that would amount to over 6,000 reversals.
You noticed that they're not giving the source: http://www.americanbar.org/content/...azine/LandslideJan2010_Hofer.authcheckdam.pdf
From 1999-2008, the 9th circuit had 114,199 cases. 107 were reversed, 33 were vacated. So 140/114,199 = 0.12%
Now, 140/175 (the number of cases reviewed by the SCOTUS) is 80%

To sum up...From 1999-2008, the 9th Circuit had 175 out of 114,199 of their cases reviewed by the Supreme Court. 107 were reversed, 33 were vacated, and 35 were affirmed.
the Supreme Court reversed or vacated 70% of the cases it reviewed.

I notice your source only goes to 2008. Look at the current ones and be fair :p

I've got a picture in my head from somewhere (so its on the web for sure) 2012(?) - 92% (might be 97%) There's a graph/chart that's mostly pale red - I believe it lines up 76.1% for 2015, 80% for 2014. (Those are rulings from the 9th that were overturned by the SCOTUS.) It does have different categories, overturned, vacated, reversed, etc. I believe I posted a linky to something about the 9th's track record on here responding to... Lewdog I think. I don't think that's the picture I've got in my head, but I'll look in a few.

Well here's the one I'd posted here - U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals: U.S. Supreme Court again rejects most 9th Circuit decisions

Article posted in 2011 says "The 9th Circuit's track record tends to be above average most years: two years ago, 94% of the circuit's cases were reversed.

While the 9th Circuit remains predominantly Democrat-appointed, the composition has shifted since President George W. Bush named seven conservative jurists to the court. President Obama, by contrast, has succeeded in getting only one of the appeals court's four vacancies filled since he took office.

The conservative faction on the 9th Circuit is often outvoted when the full court is asked to rehear a divisive case. But they have been getting the Supreme Court's attention — and intervention — by banding together to write dissenting opinions.

Judge Diarmuid F. O'Scannlain, named to the 9th Circuit by President Reagan, is a frequent author of the red flags sent to the justices in Washington.

"If there is going to be a change in the interpretation of a constitutional provision or statutory provisions, that's the province of the Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court has told us any number of times that our job is to apply existing Supreme Court interpretation," said O'Scannlain, who prides himself on usually being on the vindicated dissenting side when the high court reverses 9th Circuit decisions.

Asked if he writes or joins the dissents with an eye to calling the justices' attention to a ruling he disagrees with, O'Scannlain said: "We hear anecdotal evidence that they are not ignored."

Note, there is apparently another article from this source in 2009, I'd quoted from it but apparently not linked it on here (oops) EDIT - ah there it is on the first page heh - U.S. Supreme Court looks over 9th Circuit's shoulder

Long-running trend

But the 9th Circuit's record this term, with 94% of its cases reversed at least in part, extends a long-running trend of being disproportionately overturned. The 9th Circuit -- the only one in which a majority of judges were appointed by Democratic presidents -- has had a larger-than-average share of its cases overturned in eight of the last 10 years.

"It's true that the 9th Circuit is slightly more liberal, generally speaking, than the Supreme Court, and that probably accounts for the more frequent reversal rate the 9th Circuit has," said Jeffrey L. Fisher, who teaches at Stanford Law School. But he attributes the appeals court's dominance of the high court docket to the unique issues emanating from the diverse region it covers.

"A lot of important policy cases involving interesting and difficult questions come out of the 9th Circuit. The West is known for its experimentation, the initiative process -- things that bring constitutional questions to the fore more often," Fisher said.

He argued before the high court this term for a Washington state prisoner who contended that illegal jury instructions led to his murder conviction. The case was one of the 13 from the 9th Circuit fully reversed by the justices.

------

I don't see the chart one in my browser history :(

Last edited:

Forum List

Back