Anti-Semitism in Sweden

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
I didn't know there were any swedish people left in sweden, I thought they were over run by hoards of islamic beasts...
Anti-Semitism in Sweden
“There is no place for Jews in Sweden.”
April 11, 2016
Joseph Puder
anti-semitism-graffiti.jpg

Anti-Zionism and anti-Israel sentiments in Sweden have morphed in recent times into blatant anti-Semitism. In the city of Malmo (known for its violent Arab and Muslim population), a Jewish teacher in a Swedish public school was fired last month for being Jewish. The teacher identified only as A, is an Israeli-Jewish woman who immigrated to Sweden 39 years ago with her native born Swedish husband who served with the UN Observers Force in the region. A claimed that her school principle warned her that the students “hate the Jews,” and added that she would be “abused by both the Swedish and the Arab students.”

A’s experience is not unique in 2016 Sweden, and not just in Malmo. Naomi Lind, another Israeli woman living in a Stockholm suburb, also encountered the same anti-Semitism as a teacher in Swedish public schools. Lind moved to Sweden from Israel in 1982, and taught computer science to adults and youngsters. She recalled that on one occasion a young female student who was upset by a grade Lind gave her, responded with “I hope Hitler would rise from his grave and finish his work.” Lind remembered the difficult situations in her work that compelled her to leave her job. “I always felt that the school administration felt uncomfortable with me because I was an Israeli and a Jew.”

Lind, a daughter of Holocaust survivors, pointed out that her school administration refrained from dealing with the anti-Semitic and hurtful remarks of the girl that invoked Hitler.

Visiting Sweden late last summer, this reporter witnessed the fear and discomfort Jews in Sweden now feel. In discussions with Swedish Jews, I was told of avoidance to wear Jewish identifying symbols such as a kippah or a necklace with a Star of David. Ralph, 29, a veteran of the Swedish army, put it plainly by stating, “There is no place for Jews in Sweden.” He added that he was planning to move to the U.S. Many young Jews have moved to Israel.

A synagogue in central Stockholm had its windows boarded to hide the fact that it was a Jewish place of worship. There was no sign at the entrance to mark it as a synagogue. This was not happening in a remote village but just a few miles from the seat of the Swedish government and its people’s parliament.

The Algemeiner reported (April 5, 2016) that “A Muslim mob in Uppsala, last week set upon and severely beat a Jewish mother of four, for wearing a Jewish Star of David necklace.” Anna SjAgren lamented, “I cannot go the police. The worst thing is that the assailants will get my name and address. They know where to find me and know I am the Jew who reported them.” The Muslim (Arab) immigrant mobs have free reign in Sweden. The citizenry is intimidated and the leftist and multi-cultural Swedish government will always consider the sensitivities of Muslims over that of ordinary citizens, especially Jews. In fact, the Swedish government has instructed the police not to identify Muslim rapists, lest the anti-immigrant political party, called the Sweden Democrats, seize upon the issue.

Anti-Semitism in Sweden

Forum List

Back