'Anti-Obamacare' candidates shatter fundraising records

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Life is good :eusa_angel: And I'm certain Stasse won't be the only one shattering fundraising records.

So libs and progressives just keep drinking your koolaid and wrapping yourself up in the bullshit that Republicans are committing political suicide.:lol: By all means, keep your dreams alive in your own little echo chambers.

Republican Senate candidate Ben Sasse demonstrated his fundraising prowess Monday, completing an eight-week surge that fueled his campaign with nearly $750,000.

That show of financial support confirmed that Sasse will be a leading contender in a 2014 GOP race featuring four candidates who should be able to tap considerable financial resources.

5249e5e444825.preview-620.jpg

A novice Republican running in a rural state has shattered fundraising records campaigning as the "anti-Obamacare candidate." In his first race for public office, Ben Sasse has raised nearly $750,000 in just eight weeks of the first quarter of his nascent candidacy, according to records being filed with the Federal Election Commission.

The massive haul highlights how lucrative campaigning against Obamacare can be for Republicans. It also underscores how deeply motivated conservative voters are to see that the sprawling healthcare law be killed.

A college president in his hometown of Fremont, Nebraska, Sasse is a newcomer to politics, but he has spent much of the past decade working on healthcare issues.

As a top advisor to President Bush's Health Secretary, Sasse worked to cut red tape and pushed market-based solutions over government mandates.

Sasse also spent several years traveling the country giving speeches and advising companies about the dangers of Obamacare and how it will hike costs, constrict innovation, and ultimately provide terrible health care.

"I am the anti-Obamacare candidate," Sasse said cheerfully. "Not only have I read the 2,300-page bill, I have actually spent years studying it and I understand just how devastating this will be to American businesses, families and taxpayers."

'Anti-Obamacare' candidates shatter fundraising records....

Oh and here's the stats on how he smashed the records.

Sasse's cash haul of nearly $750,000 from individual donors in his first quarter breaks Nebraska's previous record of $526,000 from individual donors, set in 2007 by Johanns while he was sitting U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.

Shane Osborn, former state treasurer who has been running for the senate seat for six months, raised just $234,000 in his first quarter, according to FEC records.

Last edited:
Life is good :eusa_angel: And I'm certain Stasse won't be the only one shattering fundraising records.

So libs and progressives just keep drinking your koolaid and wrapping yourself up in the bullshit that Republicans are committing political suicide.:lol: By all means, keep your dreams alive in your own little echo chambers.

Republican Senate candidate Ben Sasse demonstrated his fundraising prowess Monday, completing an eight-week surge that fueled his campaign with nearly $750,000.

That show of financial support confirmed that Sasse will be a leading contender in a 2014 GOP race featuring four candidates who should be able to tap considerable financial resources.

A novice Republican running in a rural state has shattered fundraising records campaigning as the "anti-Obamacare candidate." In his first race for public office, Ben Sasse has raised nearly $750,000 in just eight weeks of the first quarter of his nascent candidacy, according to records being filed with the Federal Election Commission.

The massive haul highlights how lucrative campaigning against Obamacare can be for Republicans. It also underscores how deeply motivated conservative voters are to see that the sprawling healthcare law be killed.

A college president in his hometown of Fremont, Nebraska, Sasse is a newcomer to politics, but he has spent much of the past decade working on healthcare issues.

As a top advisor to President Bush's Health Secretary, Sasse worked to cut red tape and pushed market-based solutions over government mandates.

Sasse also spent several years traveling the country giving speeches and advising companies about the dangers of Obamacare and how it will hike costs, constrict innovation, and ultimately provide terrible health care.

"I am the anti-Obamacare candidate," Sasse said cheerfully. "Not only have I read the 2,300-page bill, I have actually spent years studying it and I understand just how devastating this will be to American businesses, families and taxpayers."

Sasse's cash haul of nearly $750,000 from individual donors in his first quarter breaks Nebraska's previous record of $526,000 from individual donors, set in 2007 by Johanns while he was sitting U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.

Shane Osborn, former state treasurer who has been running for the senate seat for six months, raised just $234,000 in his first quarter, according to FEC records.

Who's Ben Sasse? :lol:

In my world of politics I would most definitely put him in the "some one to be reckoned with" column.

Part of his bio:

Sasse is president of Midland University in Fremont.

His fundraising appeal is tied directly to his informed opposition to Obamacare, the new health care reform law, according to Breitbart.

Sasse is a former U.S. assistant secretary of health and human services.

Ben Sasse shows Senate fundraising strength : Politics

:eusa_whistle:

Some nobody the far right are having a circle jerk over apparently

Some nobody the far right are having a circle jerk over apparently

Remember the same thing being said about Christine O'Donnell, Sheila Angle, Todd Akin...howd that work out?

$750,000 in 8 weeks isn't actually that impressive outside Nebraska.

I've worked on plenty of campaigns that have raised more than that, in less time.

The records in Nebraska are the ones being referenced as having been shattered.

Of course in certain other states it would be easy to blow off what he has raised as chump change.

That's a no brainer. But for Nebraska records, it's spot on that this young man is rocking.

Ah you lefties really should be paying more attention to your own problems. Just put up a thread that shows the DNC is almost broke.

:)

Ah you lefties really should be paying more attention to your own problems. Just put up a thread that shows the DNC is almost broke.

The right wing filth got bankrolled to hell and back by their corporate masters like the Koch's, Adelson, Rove, and others, and they still got their asses handed to them across the board in 2012.

100's of millions of dollars spent on nothing. That brings a grin to my face :up:

In my world of politics I would most definitely put him in the "some one to be reckoned with" column.

Part of his bio:

Sasse is president of Midland University in Fremont.

His fundraising appeal is tied directly to his informed opposition to Obamacare, the new health care reform law, according to Breitbart.

Sasse is a former U.S. assistant secretary of health and human services.

Ben Sasse shows Senate fundraising strength : Politics

:eusa_whistle:

reckoned with? Oh please this is a fluff piece to make you feel better.

$750,000 in 8 weeks isn't actually that impressive outside Nebraska.

I've worked on plenty of campaigns that have raised more than that, in less time.

The records in Nebraska are the ones being referenced as having been shattered.

Of course in certain other states it would be easy to blow off what he has raised as chump change.

That's a no brainer. But for Nebraska records, it's spot on that this young man is rocking.

wow he made 750k in a red state....

Yawn

Ahahahaha....happens everytime. Then it dries up then silence. This is the GOP theme song

[ame=http://youtu.be/OBwS66EBUcY]Bonnie Tyler - I Need a Hero (Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

The right wing filth got bankrolled to hell and back by their corporate masters like the Koch's, Adelson, Rove, and others, and they still got their asses handed to them across the board in 2012.

100's of millions of dollars spent on nothing. That brings a grin to my face :up:

One of the reasons we lost is simple......

dimocraps outspent us by millions because they raised MILLIONS more than we did.

See, this is where you people crack. dimocrap voters are just exactly this stupid..... Swear to God.

Big Business LOVES Big Government.

I'm talking Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, General Motors, General Electric... All of them.

Know why? Because Big Business gets special breaks from dimocraps. Breaks that we'd like to rein in.

Meanwhile, Small Businesses, the heart and soul of this Country, are taking it up the poop-shoot under obama.

EVERY body knows it.

Except you, obviously.

Look at the "Big Board".....

Who's making money? You? Not me or my neighbors or my relatives or anybody else I know.

Layoffs are still strong and if you have a job, you better dam well hang on to it.

But the Big Boys? Making money hand over fist.

And laughing at stupid little girls like you the whole time.

You SUPPORT what you claim to hate..... :lmao:

One of the reasons we lost is simple......

dimocraps outspent us by millions because they raised MILLIONS more than we did.

See, this is where you people crack. dimocrap voters are just exactly this stupid..... Swear to God.

Big Business LOVES Big Government.

I'm talking Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, General Motors, General Electric... All of them.

Know why? Because Big Business gets special breaks from dimocraps. Breaks that we'd like to rein in.

Meanwhile, Small Businesses, the heart and soul of this Country, are taking it up the poop-shoot under obama.

EVERY body knows it.

Except you, obviously.

Look at the "Big Board".....

Who's making money? You? Not me or my neighbors or my relatives or anybody else I know.

Layoffs are still strong and if you have a job, you better dam well hang on to it.

But the Big Boys? Making money hand over fist.

And laughing at stupid little girls like you the whole time.

You SUPPORT what you claim to hate..... :lmao:

So you've changed outfits from the Dems hate business to your sluttier outfit Dems love business mini

Forum List

Back