Anti-capitalist "pay what you can" coffee shop in Toronto defies all odds and booms

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Not really

In the commie cafe's full announcement on their website, in which they boast of not serving police officers or members of the military, the owner blames "the lack of generational wealth/seed capital from ethically bankrupt sources" for the shop going belly-up. LOL.

The Anarchist used a "pay what you can" pricing strategy for coffee, because communism or something, and I guess it didn't work out too well.

The full statement from the owner is truly something to behold. I will bless you with it below, edited for language:

Well that wasnt a real communist coffee shop...

Maybe if he killed millions of people ....that may of put him over the top

In fairness, Toronto has as many shuttered former store windows as anyone. I don't really understand their business model, start abusiness and then NOT sell to people? Good luck.with that. Furrthermore, how would these policies even be enforced?

An OP joke ?

Link report says the company has gone out of business and that link refers to notthebee.com which is a site for humour and entertainment -- admittedly rarely witnessed here .
Am not surprised Poster 3 missed it because he and DYOR are not known working partners .Anyhow, getting facts can be a headache which is something SC already gets all the time and which he needs to avoid more of ,at all costs . So I guess he provides his working proof of his own life hypothesis .

An OP joke ?

Link report says the company has gone out of business and that link refers to notthebee.com which is a site for humour and entertainment -- admittedly rarely witnessed here .
Am not surprised Poster 3 missed it because he and DYOR are not known working partners .Anyhow, getting facts can be a headache which is something SC already gets all the time and which he needs to avoid more of ,at all costs . So I guess he provides his working proof of his own life hypothesis .

I think you mean the BabylonBee.... thats the humor site

Forum List

Back