Another Try At Legalizing Marijuana

Thank you for the correction, yes, not all users are abusers. I don't think everyone who smokes a joint every now and again is in need of help. Drug abusers, like alcoholics, need treatment, rather than jailing people who are caught with a joint, we should devote those funds to education (maybe keep people from using marijuana) and treatment (for those who become addicted).

acludem

Someone had mentioned Amsterdam. It always come to mind when the word Marajuana is discussed.

Yes I did visit Amsterdam. No I did not smoke marajuana and truly did not need to (even if I had the inclination to do so). It was so heavy in the air one could become 'stoned' by simply breathing. I suppose that is because I am a lightweight in that department.

If I recall (in the main red light district) there was a hemp museum. Not too far there was a brothel assistance office (to help you find what you are looking for) and that was across the street from a Catholic church.

I am against legalizing marajuana and I really have nothing else to add to that. I am sure no one will care at any rate.

I have no idea why it was made illegal in the first place. However, I can truly say that knowing people who used it, I did see a major change in their personalities under the influence. I agree, however, that alcohol also changes people's personalities.

Can someone englighten me as to what the entire reason for prohibiting it was?

Right now it is the same as prohibition in the 20's. All the illegalization has done is create an underworld that promotes crime. Look at the associated crimes that go along with it right now. Why not legalize it and tax it? I can brew my own beer, ferment my own wine, distill my own spirits, but I still go to the liquor store.

I have never touched the stuff so it doesn't make a difference to me. I do support peoples rights to choose thier own poison.

BTW if you go to Jamaica, man that stuff is everywhere. I did not talk to one Jamaican that did not try to sell it to me.

Forum List

Back