Another take on you didn't build that

That= roads and bridges. You know it. You are a lying fuck.

You are not going to succeed on a lie.

No, "that" = the business. That's the whole context of what he says. He has wealthy people who support him and want to give back because they know they didnt do it on their own. He mentions a teacher. he mentions people who built the legal and economic system. then he mentions roads and bridges and then he says you didnt build that. And then he goes on in that vein.
No, clearly he means the businessman did not build his business on his own, that he had help from the US economic system, a teacher somewhere, or an infrastructure.
In a sense he is right. He is referring to things that are public goods. But he is wrong in the implication that wealth just happened, not because someone worked hard or was smart.
But nice try at spin.

No, You didnt build that will go down as Obama's one memorable statement his entire 4 years as president.

By the way.. I'm sure it is obvious to almost EVERYONE except Obama and Obamatrons.. but I'll state the obvious for them:
Obama said "Government research created the Internet".. RIGHT his words exactly.

HE IS RIGHT!
But where did the MONEY come from that the government used? Not from Obama's stash!

Actually, it came from the budget of the Department of Defense, namely, it was originally designed as a way to keep communications open in case of an attack. Later, the government released it to the public, which is where you saw a lot of companies really take off, because they had more access to the public, which is why Amazon is such a great business.

Same thing with GPS incidentally...................the government (again, from the DOD budget) developed a system of satellites to pinpoint locations and they called it GPS.

Next thing ya know? The government grants access to the civilian sector, creating a multi-billion dollar per year business almost overnight. How many people currently have GPS in some form, from their car to their phone, to their computers?

You can thank the government for that. And no.............there is no single business owner or corporation who would have launched, synchronized, and developed the technology for GPS all on their own.

Last edited:
The lie has been pointed out to all of you and you get it. That is the worst part. You know it is a fucking lie. But you think it will serve your political agenda, so you just keep going with it.

You asking what the lie is is just another way for you to be dishonest. You have no filter.

Where is the LIE?

Obama:
“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.
There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.
Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.
Somebody invested in roads and bridges.
If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
The Internet didn’t get invented on its own.
Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2012/0719/You-didn-t-build-that-Obama-s-business-quip-is-gift-to-Romney-campaign

Obama clearly said "you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

Where is the LIE in his own words?

Obama doesn't know how to start anything because he wasn't trained that way. He education and the people he grew up with don't think that way. Cars don't exist be somebody built it. Ford figured it out, Ford did it, not someone else.

No, "that" = the business. That's the whole context of what he says. He has wealthy people who support him and want to give back because they know they didnt do it on their own. He mentions a teacher. he mentions people who built the legal and economic system. then he mentions roads and bridges and then he says you didnt build that. And then he goes on in that vein.
No, clearly he means the businessman did not build his business on his own, that he had help from the US economic system, a teacher somewhere, or an infrastructure.
In a sense he is right. He is referring to things that are public goods. But he is wrong in the implication that wealth just happened, not because someone worked hard or was smart.
But nice try at spin.

No, You didnt build that will go down as Obama's one memorable statement his entire 4 years as president.
I

Yes. You know it. You know what he meant That is why you are a despicable liar.

Fuck your implication.

The lie has been pointed out to all of you and you get it. That is the worst part. You know it is a fucking lie. But you think it will serve your political agenda, so you just keep going with it.

You asking what the lie is is just another way for you to be dishonest. You have no filter.

Where is the LIE?

Obama:
“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.
There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.
Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.
Somebody invested in roads and bridges.
If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
The Internet didn’t get invented on its own.
Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2012/0719/You-didn-t-build-that-Obama-s-business-quip-is-gift-to-Romney-campaign

Obama clearly said "you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

Where is the LIE in his own words?

Obama doesn't know how to start anything because he wasn't trained that way. He education and the people he grew up with don't think that way. Cars don't exist be somebody built it. Ford figured it out, Ford did it, not someone else.

You can't write coherently.

For crying out loud the left is shown the very words and still deny it, amazing. So let us cut it back just a little and look at this one paragraph:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The apparent and obvious breakdown is this;

1. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.
2. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.
3. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.
4. Somebody invested in roads and bridges.
5. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
6. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

There are six separate examples that Obama is giving. There is no reason to tie 4 and 5 together without the rest.

BTW the government didn't build the INTERNET so someone could make money.

No shame. It is why you nutters cannot get more people in your tent. You underestimate the intelligence of the average independent voter.

A lie told a million times is still a lie. Basing your political hopes on a lie is not going to yield lasting results.

Actually, I think they are smarter than you do, both as individuals, and as a group. that is why I am having so much fun with Obama's insistence that he did not say what he did.

For crying out loud the left is shown the very words and still deny it, amazing. So let us cut it back just a little and look at this one paragraph:

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The apparent and obvious breakdown is this;

1. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.
2. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.
3. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.
4. Somebody invested in roads and bridges.
5. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
6. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

There are six separate examples that Obama is giving. There is no reason to tie 4 and 5 together without the rest.

BTW the government didn't build the INTERNET so someone could make money.

The government didn't create GPS (which is now a multi-BILLION dollar industry) for making money either.

No, "that" = the business.

No it isn't. That refers to

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges.

Its quite obvious to anyone who isn't a moron. And to those who it isn't obvious to, the President sums up what he's saying in the following paragraph;
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

Its hard to see how Obama is trying to say that businessmen didn't get their because of their own efforts when in fact in the statement immediately following he says "we succeed because of our individual initiative, "

Here's the full text.
We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more.

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

I know you're not a moron, Rabbi, so stop acting like one.

No shame. It is why you nutters cannot get more people in your tent. You underestimate the intelligence of the average independent voter.

A lie told a million times is still a lie. Basing your political hopes on a lie is not going to yield lasting results.

Actually, I think they are smarter than you do, both as individuals, and as a group. that is why I am having so much fun with Obama's insistence that he did not say what he did.

What part of his statement isn't true?

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

Here is the transcript from what he said:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

BTW, I seriously doubt anyone thinks like Obama says they do. What he is saying is what he thinks. Obvisously he thinks he is the hardest working and most intelligent man in the room.

You seem to be missing the point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ&feature=player_detailpage]Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... if you believe it... - YouTube[/ame]

You guys are desperate enough to abandon integrity....you have convinced yourselves that his comments were an indictment of small business owners. Fortunately, the independent voter sees it for what it is.....a simple, factual statement regarding how infrastructure investment is vital for businesses to flourish.

Honesty goes a long way with independent voters.

So who pays for the "infrastructure"??? NOT the government as they don't have any money!
When's the last time you saw the government paying a property tax bill?

In fact in my town ONE business pays over $1 million in property taxes alone.
That equals about 600 people paying property taxes.
BUT these people don't employ thousands of people that live in this town.
This business does. It pays an average of $50,000 and this business ALSO matches
what the employee does in Social Security and Medicare.

now this is an electronics services business so it doesn't really create steel, etc. or use resources.
Just bits flowing electronically. One building on their campus pays $1 million in property taxes.
They have their own security force so not dependent on police.
Their employees drive on the roads and bridges that's true.
But this employer business pays property taxes.

Why are you lying?

Who pays taxes on productivity?

Business

Who pays the wages so that the individual can pay taxes for roads?

Business

Who pays the majority of the transportation costs that are taxed for the roads?

Business

In fact, ALL economic activity is a result of business, therefore, the government cannot do anything without business, but business can and has done many things without government.

It is business that succeeds in this world. Government success is tyranny to the citizens.

What part of his statement isn't true?

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.

Funny, I don't recall saying the word lie. I said he is insisting he did not say what he did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-z-U57BaSc]Mitt Romney: Saying Anything to Get Elected - YouTube[/ame]

You guys are desperate enough to abandon integrity....you have convinced yourselves that his comments were an indictment of small business owners. Fortunately, the independent voter sees it for what it is.....a simple, factual statement regarding how infrastructure investment is vital for businesses to flourish.

Honesty goes a long way with independent voters.

So who pays for the "infrastructure"??? NOT the government as they don't have any money!
When's the last time you saw the government paying a property tax bill?

In fact in my town ONE business pays over $1 million in property taxes alone.
That equals about 600 people paying property taxes.
BUT these people don't employ thousands of people that live in this town.
This business does. It pays an average of $50,000 and this business ALSO matches
what the employee does in Social Security and Medicare.

??? So 600 people don't generate enough demand to create even one job?

Are you fucking retarded?

But nice try at spin.

I

Yes. You know it. You know what he meant That is why you are a despicable liar.

Fuck your implication.

Yeah, I knew what he meant. What he meant was, You made lots of money from us and now its payback time, sucker. Pay up.

Forum List

Back