Another One Bites The Dust

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Bob Schieffer retired! Question: Who cares? Answer: Tears are flowing in watering holes where journalists congregate after a hard day of lying like hell, while the rest of us should be celebrating the departure of anybody who says:

"Tell People What We Think Is Relevant And What They Need To Know"​

I guess Schieffer’s hero thought people needed to know that their country had lost the war while the military was winning in Vietnam.

Bob Schieffer Signs Off Final Broadcast: "I Wanted To Work For CBS Because Walter Cronkite Was My Hero"

Bob Schieffer Signs Off Final Broadcast I Wanted To Work For CBS Because Walter Cronkite Was My Hero Video RealClearPolitics

To paraphrase Schieffer "We Tell People What We Think Is Relevant And What We Think They Need To Know". My paraphrase is truer than anything a journalist ever said. Their lies of omission are even worse than the lies they say.

Schieffer is hardly original. Most journalists do not know the difference between opinion and news:

We now don’t know where people get their news, but what we do know is they’re bombarded with information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Most of the information is wrong and some of it is wrong on purpose.​

Fifty-seven minutes out of every news show hour is devoted to opinions, political causes, product commercials, and advertising disguised as news.

Incidentally, the Internet is mostly opinion mixed with news selected from the media reportage. Thankfully, the Internet cannot bombard the reader with those commercials that Shieffer failed to mention.

If you watched the video you heard Schieffer say:

I mean our campaigns have become, ‘I have more billionaires than you do so I’m a viable candidate.’ I don’t think that’s what the founders had in mind when they started this country.​

Shieffer rightly complained about the system, but he failed to tell us that 99.99999 percent of everything that is wrong in this country was caused by television.

And here comes the liberal garbage:

And when you have a government and a legislative body that can’t compromise, you have what we have — a legislative body that’s in constant and total gridlock.”

Bob Schieffer on Journalism: Now Unable To "Tell People What We Think Is Relevant And What They Need To Know"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/05/30/bob

I’ll wager that Scieffer would not tsk-tsk if gridlock was caused by Democrats refusing to compromise with conservatives. I say conservatives because there is not a whole lot of gridlock taking place between Congress and the White House. As far as I can tell the Chicago sewer rat got everything he wanted for more than six years. And bipartisan legislation sure as hell is not gridlock. Of course, that is only my opinion not real news.

Finally, if any well-known conservative media journalist got caught in a barefaced lie he, or she, would soon be collecting unemployment insurance. The late Walter Cronkite got caught with his tongue in the cookie jar. From there he went on to greater heights. Indeed, his reputation was enhanced. Most liberal journalists only get caught telling the kind of stupid lies told by Brian Williams, Dan Rather, and so on.

All things considered, anyone who spins for the Democrats must know they are lying when they spin for the Party of Liars —— the Democrat party. The American people know the truth of it in spite of television journalists telling them what they need to know. Proof: Liberal radio was a bust, and the ratings of television news shows with a left-leaning bias are in the toilet.

Most journalists do not know the difference between opinion and news

Journalists know the difference. It's crucial that they do. Who doesn't know the difference is internet message board wags.

Fifty-seven minutes out of every news show hour is devoted to opinions, political causes, product commercials, and advertising disguised as news.

In a related story, a hundred and twelve (point six) percent of unlinked internet stats are just made up on the spot, because they look convincing. A small number of these, to bolster their dearth of documentation, are rendered in bold font in the belief that makes them more credible, rather than just more loud.

Shieffer rightly complained about the system, but he failed to tell us that 99.99999 percent of everything that is wrong in this country was caused by television.

Actually I wouldn't take great issue with the sentiment, but see the above note on statistics.

And when you have a government and a legislative body that can’t compromise, you have what we have — a legislative body that’s in constant and total gridlock.”

Bob Schieffer on Journalism: Now Unable To "Tell People What We Think Is Relevant And What They Need To Know"

There's nothing "liberal", "conservative", "right" or "left" about observing that gridlock exists.

I’ll wager that Scieffer would not tsk-tsk if gridlock was caused by Democrats refusing to compromise with conservatives.

Wager all you want, but all you've won is a speculation fallacy.

Finally, if any well-known conservative media journalist got caught in a barefaced lie he, or she, would soon be collecting unemployment insurance. The late Walter Cronkite got caught with his tongue in the cookie jar. From there he went on to greater heights.

Link to whatever tf you're talking about?

All things considered, anyone who spins for the Democrats must know they are lying when they spin for the Party of Liars —— the Democrat party. The American people know the truth of it in spite of television journalists telling them what they need to know. Proof: Liberal radio was a bust, and the ratings of television news shows with a left-leaning bias are in the toilet.

Ratings have nothing to do with "truth" and never have. Fake wrestling gets ratings. 'Nuff said.

And btw there is no such entity as "the Democrat Party".

Journalists know the difference. It's crucial that they do. Who doesn't know the difference is internet message board wags.

In a related story, a hundred and twelve (point six) percent of unlinked internet stats are just made up on the spot, because they look convincing. A small number of these, to bolster their dearth of documentation, are rendered in bold font in the belief that makes them more credible, rather than just more loud.

Actually I wouldn't take great issue with the sentiment, but see the above note on statistics.

There's nothing "liberal", "conservative", "right" or "left" about observing that gridlock exists.

I’ll wager that Scieffer would not tsk-tsk if gridlock was caused by Democrats refusing to compromise with conservatives.

Finally, if any well-known conservative media journalist got caught in a barefaced lie he, or she, would soon be collecting unemployment insurance. The late Walter Cronkite got caught with his tongue in the cookie jar. From there he went on to greater heights.

Ratings have nothing to do with "truth" and never have. Fake wrestling gets ratings. 'Nuff said.

And as usual...you are full of shit.

Shieffer is an all time great....sad to see him go

About what? I made by my count seven points there. Which one is "full of shit"?
I'll concede in advance I made up the number 112.6%, but that's for the purpose of illustration. What else you got?

That's Ned Flanders for you

I'll concede in advance I made up the number 112.6%, but that's for the purpose of illustration. What else you got?

That would be nothing...except your entire posting history since I've been on the forum. Since I just today received my reward for 6 months of active membership, that would make it six consecutive months of you being full of shit.

That would be nothing.

Exactamente.
Next...

A stodgy old "honest" news anchor has no place in the CBS network. It's a wonder he didn't resign when CBS engaged in treason in order to influence a presidential election with fake documents.

how do you compromise with thieves and people who want to enslave/kill you? give them PART of your stuff/time? I WANT Congress to be gridlocked. The less that they do, the safer that we all are.

Forum List

Back