Another Obama Legacy Bye Bye: Trump Repealing Ban on Fracking on Fed Lands

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
More oil produced locally. Less money sent to the ME powder keg. No wonder Obama didn't like it.

96cfc7d6fb0e7b45c5b7b00b98ca816988a8784b306fd847ab195e9a74594ba0.jpg

Trump Is About To Repeal Obama-Era ‘Fracking’ Regulations

More oil now, generations more fucked in the future.

But hey, fuck em, it is not our fault we were born before them!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Please elaborate on that post. Thanks

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-has-made-this-state-the-man-made-earthquake-capital-of-the-world-2016-03-15
Feb 7, 1812 estimated 8.4 and 8.8 earthquakes hit the Missouri region. The earthquakes wiped out entire towns and caused church bells to ring in Boston.

Earthquake causes fluvial tsunami in Mississippi - Feb 07, 1812 - HISTORY.com

The process of fracking involves pumping millions of gallons of toxic liquids into the ground...what could possibly go wrong with that....

Toxic liquids? PLEASE DO TELL!

The process of fracking involves pumping millions of gallons of toxic liquids into the ground...what could possibly go wrong with that....

I did. Read the link I posted. (CAUTION! There is science involved...)

Oh Noez! Citric Acid!

I did. Read the link I posted. (CAUTION! There is science involved...)
Table 1: Fracturing Fluid Additives
Additive Type
Main Compound(s) Purpose Common Use of Main Compound
Diluted Acid (15%)
Hydrochloric acid or muriatic acid Help dissolve minerals and initiate cracks in the rock Swimming pool chemical and cleaner
Biocide Glutaraldehyde Eliminates bacteria in the water that produce corrosive byproducts Disinfectant; sterilize medical and dental equipment
Breaker Ammonium persulfate Allows a delayed break down of the gel polymer chains Bleaching agent in detergent and hair cosmetics, manufacture of household plastics
Corrosion Inhibitor N,n-dimethyl formamide Prevents the corrosion of the pipe Used in pharmaceuticals, acrylic fibers, plastics
Crosslinker Borate salts Maintains fluid viscosity as temperature increases Laundry detergents, hand soaps, and cosmetics
Friction Reducer
Polyacrylamide
bar.gif

Mineral oil
Minimizes friction between the fluid and the pipe
Water treatment, soil conditioner
bar.gif

make-up remover, laxatives, and candy
Gel Guar gum or hydroxyethyl cellulose Thickens the water in order to suspend the sand Cosmetics, toothpaste, sauces, baked goods, ice cream
Iron Control Citric acid Prevents precipitation of metal oxides Food additive, flavoring in food and beverages; Lemon Juice ~7% Citric Acid
KCI Potassium chloride Creates a brine carrier fluid Low sodium table salt substitute
Oxygen Scavenger Ammonium bisulfite Removes oxygen from the water to protect the pipe from corrosion Cosmetics, food and beverage processing, water treatment
pH Adjusting Agent Sodium or potassium carbonate Maintains the effectiveness of other components, such as crosslinkers Washing soda, detergents, soap, water softener, glass and ceramics
Proppant Silica, quartz sand Allows the fractures to remain open so the gas can escape Drinking water filtration, play sand, concrete, brick mortar
Scale Inhibitor Ethylene glycol Prevents scale deposits in the pipe Automotive antifreeze, household cleansers, and deicing agent
Surfactant Isopropanol Used to increase the viscosity of the fracture fluid Glass cleaner, antiperspirant, and hair color

Is there something that could go wrong with that? I ask because i used to be against fracking until it came out that fracking, being done correctly, wont contaminate anything.

Obama tried to regulate certain industries out of existence.

Thank god that fucker is gone.

Is there something that could go wrong with that? I ask because i used to be against fracking until it came out that fracking, being done correctly, wont contaminate anything.
It might if it was pumped into the water table. However, almost all wells are thousands of feet deep. It takes a few thousand feet of rock to trap natural gas below ground. There's no chance that any of the fluids can get into the water table.

It might if it was pumped into the water table. However, almost all wells are thousands of feet deep. It takes a few thousand feet of rock to trap natural gas below ground. There's no chance that any of the fluids can get into the water table.
Why does Oklahoma have an inordinate amount of earthquakes ?
Could it be they’re big on fracking?
Ya know what stopped the frequency of fracking in OK?
The governor’s mansion was damaged by one of their frequent earthquakes with fracking being done near by.
My friend from OK told me this delightful story.

Low chance. Nothing is truly idiot-proof.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back