Another nail in Trump's coffin: Manafort's plan to 'greatly benefit the Putin' surfaces

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
Source: Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago and proposed an ambitious political strategy to undermine anti-Russian opposition across former Soviet republics, The Associated Press has learned. The work appears to contradict assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort himself that he never worked for Russian interests.

Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and the former Soviet republics to benefit the Putin government, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse. Manafort pitched the plans to Russian aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaska, a close Putin ally with whom Manafort eventually signed a $10 million annual contract beginning in 2006, according to interviews with several people familiar with payments to Manafort and business records obtained by the AP. Manafort and Deripaska maintained a business relationship until at least 2009, according to one person familiar with the work.

"We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success," Manafort wrote in the 2005 memo to Deripaska. The effort, Manafort wrote, "will be offering a great service that can re-focus, both internally and externally, the policies of the Putin government."

News from The Associated Press

the walls are fallin in on Agent Orange, no doubt the traitor sleeps like shit these days wow

Ron-Burgundy-Nobody-Cares.jpg

You guys....keep stretching like this and you will pull a muscle...john podesta, his daughter and his brother have had closer ties to actual putin run companies than anyone with Trump.....and you guys don't care........and the clinton foundation accepted 145 million dollars from putin controlled energy companies while hilary was the Secretary of State....and you guys don't care......

actual ties to Russia, without 8 months of investigations that have found no evidence...actual evidence of hilary on the payroll of putin.....

You guys....keep stretching like this and you will pull a muscle...john podesta, his daughter and his brother have had closer ties to actual putin run companies than anyone with Trump.....and you guys don't care........and the clinton foundation accepted 145 million dollars from putin controlled energy companies while hilary was the Secretary of State....and you guys don't care......

actual ties to Russia, without 8 months of investigations that have found no evidence...actual evidence of hilary on the payroll of putin.....

desperation noted

watch the next hearing on the Trump/Putin collaboration, great stuff

You seem to be forgetting he fired Manafort.

The desperation of Dems is palpable.

From the NY Times back in August:
But Mr. Trump never developed the sort of chemistry or comfort level with Mr. Manafort that he had with Mr. Lewandowski, campaign aides said. Mr. Trump has continued to seek out the advice of Mr. Lewandowski, who remains a fierce rival of Mr. Manafort.

Nor did Mr. Trump ever quite buy into what Mr. Manafort was selling.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/us/politics/paul-manafort-resigns-donald-trump.html

You seem to be forgetting he fired Manafort.

The desperation of Dems is palpable.

From the NY Times back in August:
But Mr. Trump never developed the sort of chemistry or comfort level with Mr. Manafort that he had with Mr. Lewandowski, campaign aides said. Mr. Trump has continued to seek out the advice of Mr. Lewandowski, who remains a fierce rival of Mr. Manafort.

Nor did Mr. Trump ever quite buy into what Mr. Manafort was selling.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/us/politics/paul-manafort-resigns-donald-trump.html

Of course he did, he ran from Putin's employee Manafort like GWB running from a DUI checkpoint

same with Flynn and Lewandowski...........radioactive

enjoy

I think the key to Trumps downfall will be Bannon
A link to Bannon brings in Trump. Trump can say....I never like Manafort, that is why I fired him
But if it turns out Manafort was doing Bannon's (Trumps) bidding it could lead to impeachment
Every since the Hildabeast's epic election disaster.

The lefty liberals have been in panic mode, and desperately clinging to any far fetched scenario they think will drive Trump from office. ... :cuckoo:

A link to Bannon brings in Trump. Trump can say....I never like Manafort, that is why I fired him
But if it turns out Manafort was doing Bannon's (Trumps) bidding it could lead to impeachment

The lefty liberals have been in panic mode, and desperately clinging to any far fetched scenario they think will drive Trump from office. ... :cuckoo:
Hillary is not president

This is Trumps scandal and it is coming from the FBI not the left

Hillary is not president

This is Trumps scandal and it is coming from the FBI not the left

the GOP shot callers (plutocrats) are frantically trying to link Hillary to Trump-style treason, pathetic

lol......desperation noted!

This happened more than ten years ago. It isn't a scandal. It isn't even Trump's scandal. It happened before obama so it's not even his scandal.

Do you know that we give Russia millions of dollars to ferry American ass to and from the space station. Why did obama give Russia so much money. Scandal. Trump is still giving Russia money. We are still not at war with Russia.

This happened more than ten years ago. It isn't a scandal. It isn't even Trump's scandal. It happened before obama so it's not even his scandal.

Do you know that we give Russia millions of dollars to ferry American ass to and from the space station. Why did obama give Russia so much money. Scandal. Trump is still giving Russia money. We are still not at war with Russia.

This happened last summer

btw Manafort is also under investigation by the FBI, along with the rest of them (too many to list here)

Forum List

Back