Another Huge Gain in Manufacturing Jobs in March

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Although overall job growth in March was lower than expected, March also saw the third-largest jump in manufacturing jobs in over 15 years. Even more encouraging, this gain occurred in durable-goods manufacturing. This continues the trend of solid growth in manufacturing jobs that started in December. December saw the largest jump in such jobs in over 15 years, followed by February, which saw the second-largest jump.

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ceshighlights.pdf

U.S. private employment growth eases but manufacturing shines: ADP

Employment Situation Summary

Let's just wait and see what the revised numbers are for March. So far, virtually every month has been revised upward over the last year.

Also, some experts suggest that after hiring 313,000 new employees in February, employers were catching their breath in March.

Although overall job growth in March was lower than expected, March also saw the third-largest jump in manufacturing jobs in over 15 years. Even more encouraging, this gain occurred in durable-goods manufacturing. This continues the trend of solid growth in manufacturing jobs that started in December. December saw the largest jump in such jobs in over 15 years, followed by February, which saw the second-largest jump.

Let's just wait and see what the revised numbers are for March. So far, virtually every month has been revised upward over the last year.

Also, some experts suggest that after hiring 313,000 new employees in February, employers were catching their breath in March.

Did somebody tell all those Carrier workers who lost their jobs anyway?

I can't ride down the street w/out seeing 'hiring' signs, and every tradesman i talk to is booked up solid

So from my bluecollar redneck view , it's pretty rosy

That said, while my anecdotal awareness may not rate much, i do fear riding the crest of yet another economic bubble

~S~

Are you just incapable of recognizing good news and accepting it for what it is?
There will ALWAYS be a downside to every situation and you know what they say about the people that only see the negative side right?

Gramps,
I ride by all the old brick factories , all used to manufacture after WW2 up until the late 70's , until nafta, union busters, globalists.

Yes It's nice to see manufacturing tip up , but getting nostalgic about it might be a tad depressing

~S~

Are you just incapable of recognizing good news and accepting it for what it is?
There will ALWAYS be a downside to every situation and you know what they say about the people that only see the negative side right?

Yes. If a Democrat is president, they say right wingers see only the negative side, even if they have to make it up themselves.

Yes. If a Democrat is president, they say right wingers see only the negative side, even if they have to make it up themselves.
My posting history speaks for me not other people. Same goes for you. You're either a bandwagon lemming or you can articulate your own thoughts. Which is it?

Gramps,
I ride by all the old brick factories , all used to manufacture after WW2 up until the late 70's , until nafta, union busters, globalists.

Yes It's nice to see manufacturing tip up , but getting nostalgic about it might be a tad depressing

~S~
Well times change and you have to take the good in stride with the bad while keeping everything in perspective.

As proof of this fact today when I got home my grandson wanted to watch Frankenweiney on the ps4. It took me ten minutes to figure out how to start the damn movie and I know how the ps4 works. I haven't played a DVD in YEARS and almost needed a damn schematic to figure it out.

Times don't wait for us, it passes us by.

Making a burger is not manufacturing

Trump borrowed $ 1.5 trillion and slashed corporate taxes by 50 percent

All this money dumped on “job creators” and all we get are 103,000 jobs?

My posting history speaks for me not other people. Same goes for you. You're either a bandwagon lemming or you can articulate your own thoughts. Which is it?

You might be surprised at how much I worry about your opinion.

You might be surprised at how much I worry about your opinion.
You didn't offer anything for me to have an opinion on. All you did was jump on the bandwagon

Making a burger is not manufacturing

you just hadda go there.....

~S~

Wait until Trump's stopped slapping tariffs on China and see how well the market is then. Already the stock markets are getting nervous.

Wait until Trump's stopped slapping tariffs on China and see how well the market is then. Already the stock markets are getting nervous.

I heard Putin's coming to slap Trump.....~S~

I heard Putin's coming to slap Trump.....~S~
That is Stormy giving the spankings

Forum List

Back