Another Flip Flop from Rick Perry (D) Texas

I'm sorry.

I must have misspelled it; he was in favor of Texas leaving the country at one time if you take him at his word. I tend to think he was just rattling the saber but who knows with this guy.

Obama was for a Federal Law banning gay marriage? Do you have a link for that or are you just making things up again.

"Secession" is the word you don't know.
Check my sig line.
Obama was not in favor of gay marriage.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U]‪Barack Obama on Gay Marriage‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Actually listen to him and he invokes, gasp, G-d in his answer. Just like Perry!

Nice try at moving the goal posts.

I'll remind you of what you said since you can't remember back that far:

He did not flip flop on gay marriage any more than Obama has

Rick Perry is calling for a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Gay Marriage which is what the DOMA is. Obama has never ever came anywhere near calling for the Constitution to be amended to outlaw marriage.

When Obama does that, you will experience an uncontrollable carom into having told the truth. I know you will be in unfamiliar territory if that happens so don't be afraid. There's not just help, there's hope.

Perry's view has been consistent. Obama's view has been consistent. They both actually share the same view.
You've lost this one. Try again. Maybe argue that gays are denied rights or something.

And Perry is not "calling" for anything. He was asked if he would support one. That isn't the same as calling for one.
So your OP is a lie. About like every other post. Maybe its the genes?

Last edited:
Gays aren't blacks. They aren't discriminated-against minorities. IN most cases they are totally anonymous in society. And they aren't even definable. What is a "gay" person? Someone who only has sex with the same sex? Someone who sometimes has sex with the same sex? Someone who one time had sex with the same sex? Someone who claims he is?
It's tough engaging in self-destructive behavior and opening yourself to crime and disease. But that doesn't entitle you to extra rights that the rest of us don't have.
Nor does it justify hijacking this thread.

They ARE discriminated against minorities. Your refusal to SEE it does not make it less true. When you can lose your job in dozens of states because of your sexual orientation, that IS discrimination.

Why do YOU need to "identify" anyone? What overriding societal harm is there in allowing non familial same sex couples the legal protections of civil marriage?

Who is hijacking the thread? It's about legal civil marriage. That IS what we are discussing, your red herrings not withstanding.
Which states are those?
You ask "why does anyone need to be identified"?
I would state that gays MUST identify themselves as such due to the rules of political correctness heterosexuals are not permitted to identify gays be mere appearance.
Therefore a gay person must declare either by their own words or actions.
Overriding social harm? Hmm. Not going to answer that.
I think there are traditions and rituals that are scared. Marriage is one of them.
I say allow gay people to form civil unions. Give them the rights of property, finance, insurance, allow them to function as married couples. Just don't call it marriage. Because it isn't . Marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman.
This is not a debate.

Where the rubber hits the road is in benefits for same-sex spouses; tax benefits, etc...
I do not think gays would make an issue of it if there wasn't money involved. Sure, I would wager that every one of them would like to say they are "married" but I don't think you would get the fervor if it wasn't about real dollars and cents.

Also, it's just crap that the government has to bless your marriage; in my view. I would wager, however, that I'm more upset about it than many gay couples. Gee, I guess I'm a conservative now since I don't like government over-reaching...LOL. I would imagine that many gay couples consider themselves married regardless of what someone like Rick Perry or Andrew Cuomo or Barack Obama say. Marriage is way above the governmental input for many of all types.

But, at the end of the day, it's a question about money, beneifts, and for a lot of people the obscene idea that the government and people like Mitch McConnell can tell you who you can legally call your spouse.

"Secession" is the word you don't know.
Check my sig line.
Obama was not in favor of gay marriage.
‪Barack Obama on Gay Marriage‬‏ - YouTube

Actually listen to him and he invokes, gasp, G-d in his answer. Just like Perry!

He did not flip flop on gay marriage any more than Obama has

Rick Perry is calling for a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Gay Marriage which is what the DOMA is. Obama has never ever came anywhere near calling for the Constitution to be amended to outlaw marriage.

When Obama does that, you will experience an uncontrollable carom into having told the truth. I know you will be in unfamiliar territory if that happens so don't be afraid. There's not just help, there's hope.

Perry's view has been consistent. Obama's view has been consistent. They both actually share the same view.
You've lost this one. Try again. Maybe argue that gays are denied rights or something.

And Perry is not "calling" for anything. He was asked if he would support one. That isn't the same as calling for one.

Hair splitting at it's finest. The OP says he flip flopped. He supported the NY law but now supports a law--gee if someone else brings it up I guess--banning what he just supported earlier.

Gays are denied rights; the right to marry.

Okay...show me where Obama is in favor of a possible DOMA and you can rightfully compare the two.

The amount of dishonesty you have is truly remarkable. Do you still think that you can't tell if 2 guys showing up to get married are gay? You said that a few minutes ago. Are you flip flopping?

You are so fucking stupid; it is unbelievable.

Hair splitting at it's finest. The OP says he flip flopped. He supported the NY law but now supports a law--gee if someone else brings it up I guess--banning what he just supported earlier.

Okay...show me where Obama is in favor of a possible DOMA and you can rightfully compare the two.

The amount of dishonesty you have is truly remarkable. Do you still think that you can't tell if 2 guys showing up to get married are gay? You said that a few minutes ago. Are you flip flopping?

You are the dishonest one here. First you post that Perry is "calling for" something he is in fact not calling for. You are either dishonest or too damn stupid to know the difference.
Second, I showed that Obama had pretty much the same beliefs as Perry.
You think just because two guys show up somewhere that means they are gay? I think you are fantasizing again.
Here are two guys showing up. I happen to know one personally. And he isn't gay.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QZjJU-mtFU]‪England Dan & John Ford Coley...Love is the Answer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You are the dishonest one here. First you post that Perry is "calling for" something he is in fact not calling for. You are either dishonest or too damn stupid to know the difference.
You think just because two guys show up somewhere that means they are gay? I think you are fantasizing again.
Here are two guys showing up. I happen to know one personally. And he isn't gay.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QZjJU-mtFU]‪England Dan & John Ford Coley...Love is the Answer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

With a marriage license dumbass; yes I think they are gay 100% of the time.

Your idiotic point was that there was no discrimination because people can't tell they were gay. Let me guess, you'll now say you didn't say that. Of course you like Perry, neither of you morons can maintain a position for more than 5 minutes.

Your idiotic point was that there was no discrimination because people can't tell they were gay. Let me guess, you'll now say you didn't say that. Of course you like Perry, neither of you morons can maintain a position for more than 5 minutes.

Huh? Do you know what the fuck you are talking about?

‪England Dan & John Ford Coley...Love is the Answer‬‏ - YouTube

Eons more than you do.

Gays aren't a minority. Get over it.
I can look at a Fiji islander and tell that's what he is. I can't look at someone and tell he's gay. Therefore gays are not a minority.
Gays do not ahve any fundamental right, or any right at all, denied to them. None.
It isn’t whether or not you or any other lay person can tell. The official performing the marriage can if two dudes show up you dumbass.
He will refuse to perform the ceremony in almost every state. That is discrimination. Whats more, it’s wrong. Nobody has to bless a hetero marriage…yet.

Marriage is defined as a union between one man and one woman.
This is not a debate.

Actually it is not a debate, but not in the way you think. There are some places where Civil Marriage is defined as one man and one woman. There are other places where Civil Marriage is defined as one man and multiple woman. Finally there are some places where Civil Marriage is defined as two consenting adults (Man+Woman, Man+Man, or Woman+Woman) and includes 7 legal entities of the United States authorized to issue Civil Marriage licenses.

>>>>

Eons more than you do.

Gays aren't a minority. Get over it.
I can look at a Fiji islander and tell that's what he is. I can't look at someone and tell he's gay. Therefore gays are not a minority.
Gays do not ahve any fundamental right, or any right at all, denied to them. None.
It isn’t whether or not you or any other lay person can tell. The official performing the marriage can if two dudes show up you dumbass.
He will refuse to perform the ceremony in almost every state. That is discrimination. Whats more, it’s wrong. Nobody has to bless a hetero marriage…yet.

So a Justice of the Peace has some kind of advanced Gaydar to tell him whether two people are gay or not?
In your dreams.
The truth is if two people of the same sex show up for a marriage certificate he will tell them they do not meet the requrements. Just like if 3 people showed up. Or a guy with his sheep. Or a guy with his wife and another woman, etc.
It has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

The truth is if two people of the same sex show up for a marriage certificate he will tell them they do not meet the requrements.

Actually that is not true, actually it depends on where the person shows up to to get a Civil Marriage License as there are 7 legal entities in the united states where gender is not a requirement.

>>>>

Flip-Flopping wont be the issue in the 2012 Election. It's the Economy stupid. People just want to get back to work. And Rick Perry whips this President hands-down in Jobs-Creation. The Left/Democrats will smear Perry relentlessly but i think the American people see that Perry is a much better choice. Romney too for that matter.

Flip-Flopping wont be the issue in the 2012 Election. It's the Economy stupid. People just want to get back to work. And Rick Perry whips this President hands-down in Jobs-Creation. The Left/Democrats will smear Perry relentlessly but i think the American people see that Perry is a much better choice. Romney too for that matter.

So what policies did Perry put in place that led to all this low-wage "job creation"? Are there, perhaps, other factors involved?

Now Romney as a "job creator" is even funnier. MA was 47th in the country under his leadership as Gov. He certainly didn't as a private business owner...He shipped then overseas.

So what policies did Perry put in place that led to all this low-wage "job creation"? Are there, perhaps, other factors involved?

Now Romney as a "job creator" is even funnier. MA was 47th in the country under his leadership as Gov. He certainly didn't as a private business owner...He shipped then overseas.

Tort reform. Low taxes. Low regulation. Basically the opposite of what Obama and the Democrats have put in place that has caused the highest sustained rate of unemployment in this country post-Depression.

It must really suck to be wrong.

Perry's Jobs-Creation Record is still better than this President's or any other Democrat's Record. The Left/Democrats will smear him relentlessly but i don't think that will be enough for them in 2012. The People know better. Even Romney would be a much better leader on the Economy than this current President. But i guess we'll see. Either way,the Flip-Flopping issue only hurts this President. He's done a whole lot of that.

Perry's Jobs-Creation Record is still better than this President's or any other Democrat's Record. The Left/Democrats will smear him relentlessly but i don't think that will be enough for them in 2012. The People know better. Even Romney would be a much better leader on the Economy than this current President. But i guess we'll see. Either way,the Flip-Flopping issue only hurts this President. He's done a whole lot of that.

Bimbo the Clown would do a more credible job than this administration. Hell, even his friends don't like him.

Perry (R) is the epitome of big government what w/ his gov't mandated inoculations :clap2:

They try not to talk about that here. When they do...its always "we don't agree with everything he stands for".

Then when you bring up his flip flopping on branding himself as a small government guy then turns around and wants the government to bless your marriage...they say "we don't agree with everything he stands for".

When you bring up how he was a democrat (Gore's campaign manager in 1988) and very clearly switched parties just to run for higher office--obviously he did so for strictly career preservation purposes--they say "we don't agree with everything he stands for".

They are extreme in all manner of things concerning Obama (if he sneezed they'd probably say he's engaging in germ warfare); they get much less extreme in examining Perry's record.

Perry (R) is the epitome of big government what w/ his gov't mandated inoculations :clap2:

They try not to talk about that here. When they do...its always "we don't agree with everything he stands for".

Then when you bring up his flip flopping on branding himself as a small government guy then turns around and wants the government to bless your marriage...they say "we don't agree with everything he stands for".

When you bring up how he was a democrat (Gore's campaign manager in 1988) and very clearly switched parties just to run for higher office--obviously he did so for strictly career preservation purposes--they say "we don't agree with everything he stands for".

They are extreme in all manner of things concerning Obama (if he sneezed they'd probably say he's engaging in germ warfare); they get much less extreme in examining Perry's record.

That sums up his supporters quite nicely. ;)

That sums up his supporters quite nicely. ;)

BEcause unlike Democrats, Republicans take positions. Some of them aren't popular in some circles. But, unlike Democrats, we can focus on more than one thing at a time and say "I dont agree with that position that doesnt mean he is the devil."
Totally unlike Democrats.

And what is this "state blessing your marriage" shit? I thought the fudge-packers WANTED that???

Forum List

Back