Another Flip Flop from Rick Perry (D) Texas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candycorn, Jul 31, 2011.

1. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,059
    Here is what Rick Perry said his position is....for the time being. It's a close race to see what expires first; the milk in your fridge or Perry's position on...anything.:razz:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    why did you label him a D?

3. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,061
    Hmmmmm, smells like fear.

sounds like you are trying to find any reason to rip into Perry, even on a trivial issue like this one.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but DOMA is unconstitutional, and will eventually be struck down. That means the 39 states that have decisively voted to define marriage the same way President Obama has defined it- as one man and one woman - would be stuck with the few states where an activist judge or legistlature has done.

Frankly, I don't care. We could have gay marriage for the whole country, we can send them off to Jesus Camps for reparitive therapy. Not my biggest concern right now.

My biggest concern is the incompetent in the White House has made it so hostile to business right now that we are spiralling into another recession when we haven't recovered from the last one yet.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,059
    Well, I don't call having to have the US Government's blessing to get married a "trivial matter". Additionally, I don't think forcing 12 year old girls to get inoculated against STDs is a trivial matter either. To each their own.

Not my biggest concern either but if you're going to label yourself a conservative, it would help to have some conservative principles based on less government interaction. Instead, he wants to amend the constitution right out of the box. Politically, its extremely suspicious how he said he didn't have a problem with NY's ruling on gay marriage then says he wants to amend the Constitution federally to ban it.

5. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,059
    I'm sorry....he's not a Democrat? I thought that I had read somewhere that he was.

6. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yea cuz the Hopey Changey One and Democrats never Flip-Flop on anything. Remember when your boy just hated raising those Debt Limits when the other side had the power? Now he's telling us it's our sacred patriotic duty to raise the Debt Limit. Now that's a Flip-Flop. Yikes!

7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,061
    Wow, you are trying to drag up the Gardisil thing again? Really?

I think amending the constitution wouldn't be the best way to go. (I also think it's practically impossible, no matter how good the GOP does next year, and they are going to do really good if they nominate Rick.) But we wouldn't be having this discussion if the people who support gay marriage actually followed the democratic process and didn't keep trying to sneak it in the back door. (Pun Intended.)

If want gay marriage, you get 51% of the population of the country to agree that's what the law should be. Not some judge in some state ignoring the will of the people and deciding he's going to change the law, all on his own, no matter what they said at the ballot box.

Obviously, there's a problem of two principles on the conservative side conflicting here. Protecting marriage from redefinition vs. the right of states to make their own laws. I'm not really sure how it gets resolved at the end.

But Perry is no more slippery than "The One", who also says that he supports the traditional definition of marriage, but his Justice Department (when it isn't handing automatic weapons to Mexican Drug Gangs) won't be bothered to actually defend the law Congress passed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. candycorn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,059
    Perry is a Democrat is he not?

9. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    He was a Democrat, at one time.

10. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    When did it become okay to put minority rights to the "will of the people"? If we had waited for the "Will of the People", interracial marriage would not have become legal until 1992. It was passed by "activist judges" in 1967...