Another Failing Wind Farm! Can I count the ways?

Hunters kill more birds than wind turbines..Hunters are responsible for the extinction of the carrier pigeon..
Now that's what I call justification... By a crazy person.
Now that is what I call slanted, since I don't care much about wind turbine electrical generation, unless for home use, but I do care about da birds...You,, you just hate everyone and everything...

Not every petroleum company has successfully managed to stay in business either, same with car manufacturers, etc...
Oh Beavis must you be stupid this early in the morning?

Name one successful windfarm? Now we must define success, since you likely stupidly believe if it produces one watt of power, that is success.
A bunch of them east of The Dallas, Oregon. Thousands of individual mills, and more going up daily.

Skip to content

AWEA’s Second Quarter 2015 Market Report shows 1,994 MW of wind energy were installed during the first half of 2015. Texas continues to lead the nation with over 15,000 MW of installed wind capacity, and California now has over 6,000 MW of installed capacity.

Looks like a lot of very successful wind farms in many states.
Old Crock are you aware of a technic called cost benefit analysis?

Yeah...thought so.
Very much aware of it. You are not. Given the external 'benefits' of the burning of coal, heavy metals in the air, GHG production, massive ash spills that have killed the life in whole rivers, mountain top mining that has destroyed many other watersheds, and on and on, I think we can safely say that wind and solar have a far better cost benefit ratio than coal or even natural gas. And their price is still coming down, while the costs of obtaining fossil fuels continues to rise. Both internal and external.

Not every petroleum company has successfully managed to stay in business either, same with car manufacturers, etc...
Oh Beavis must you be stupid this early in the morning?

Name one successful windfarm? Now we must define success, since you likely stupidly believe if it produces one watt of power, that is success.
A bunch of them east of The Dallas, Oregon. Thousands of individual mills, and more going up daily.

Skip to content

AWEA’s Second Quarter 2015 Market Report shows 1,994 MW of wind energy were installed during the first half of 2015. Texas continues to lead the nation with over 15,000 MW of installed wind capacity, and California now has over 6,000 MW of installed capacity.

Looks like a lot of very successful wind farms in many states.
Old Crock are you aware of a technic called cost benefit analysis?

Yeah...thought so.
Very much aware of it. You are not. Given the external 'benefits' of the burning of coal, heavy metals in the air, GHG production, massive ash spills that have killed the life in whole rivers, mountain top mining that has destroyed many other watersheds, and on and on, I think we can safely say that wind and solar have a far better cost benefit ratio than coal or even natural gas. And their price is still coming down, while the costs of obtaining fossil fuels continues to rise. Both internal and external.
In other words, cost means nothing when we crazed AGW cultists are out to save the planet.

How many millions of tons, billions of tons of coal went to build this $500 million dollar 55 mwh Wind Farm? How many gallons of oil will this Wind Farm need every year. The price is coming down? When? Not today, the projected price tag is still $50 Trillion dollars!!

Wind Energy Oregon/Washington BLM

The United States has the second-biggest electricity system in the world, accounting for about 20% of the entire world's generating capacity. Of that slice, wind accounts for about 5% of the electrical generation capacity of the U.S. The 60,000 megawatts of wind power installed in the U.S. as of 2012, amounts to more electricity generation capacity than in the entire country of Australia, or Saudi Arabia, or Mexico. That's a lot of power.

Between 2000 and 2012, wind energy has been the fastest growing energy technology in the U.S. and worldwide, achieving an annual growth rate of about 30%. Laws enacted in most of the Western states require energy companies to provide a portion of their energy from renewable energy sources. As a result, the BLM anticipates a continued interest in the use of public lands for renewable energy development. View more >>

Sure as hell doesn't look like failure to me.
Government subsidies make the corporations rich. Public land is given to private corporations, this one is a CANADIAN corporation. Our electric bills in California are skyrocketing, Oregon now imports more coal generated power from wyoming, CO2 in the World has increased, with manufacturing of Wind Turbines increasing. We get almost nothing in return, the price tag is projected to be $50 Trillion Dollars, yes that is very much a success.

Hunters kill more birds than wind turbines..Hunters are responsible for the extinction of the carrier pigeon..
And you are now responsible for the most idiotic post. The Carrier Pigeon is still alive. And these are the people who support Wind Power, people who can not think or reason. They simply make stuff up based on a vague memory planted in their heads.

And Moonglow meant the Passenger Pidgeon which is extinct, due to hunting, And there is a larger kill of raptors from the roads that are by the windmills than from the windmills. In fact, the main killer of birds are buildings and the windows in those buildings

Causes of Bird Mortality

OOOOOOOOK.
Colonel Sanders is a fucking terrorist who has killed BILLIONS !
Not Bernie. The other guy with the fake goatee.

4. Oil Leaks! Yep, leaking hundreds, thousands of gallons of oil all over the desert!

Ocotillo Wind Turbine Destruction

View attachment 74863

Another wind turbine leaking oil, nasty...

120424051724-bp-oil-spill-horizon-story-top.jpg

Shit, abort, abort, abort!!!

This is BP oil rig.... sorry... :lmao:

Yes, the heavy use of lubricants are required by the millions of wind turbines, over 250 gallons of high quality lubricants, a year per wind turbine, and how many wind turbines are there world wide, or how many do they have planned, millions! So it is easy to see that increased Oil Production is a demand of the Renewable Energy sector.

Wind Turbine Industrial Lubricants - Energy Industry | Mobil™ Industrial Lubricants

Take wind turbines to new heights

Achieving peak performance

When it comes to wind turbines, Mobil™-branded industrial lubricants don’t just make them run: they make them fly.

And Moonglow meant the Passenger Pidgeon which is extinct, due to hunting, And there is a larger kill of raptors from the roads that are by the windmills than from the windmills. In fact, the main killer of birds are buildings and the windows in those buildings

Causes of Bird Mortality
moonglow and old crock don't know their asses from a hole in the ground, after I point out how both of you are wrong and have not the intellect to figure out what you are talking about, old crock comes back and says, "but we meant the passenger pigeon"

Yea, you only said Carrier Pigeon because you have no idea what you speak of, and on top of that you blamed hunted for causing the extinction of the "Homing" pigeon (for the sake of argument we will ignore the fact that you stated passenger pigeon unwittingly).

Here is another huge news flash for you two brainiacs, it was not hunters that caused the extinction of 3 billion Homing Pigeons!

I feel like I have to hand feed the morons, little bits of fact, and yet they still starve, are idiots.

Well, there were billions of gallons of it, free for grabs, on the Gulf of Mexico, literally :)
Yep, billions needed to build Wind Turbines, to manufacture the billions of tons of Fiberglass. Billions of gallons of lubricants and grease that Wind Turbines has increased demand for.

Face the facts, Wind Turbines have increased the use of Oil.

Well, there were billions of gallons of it, free for grabs, on the Gulf of Mexico, literally :)
Yep, billions needed to build Wind Turbines, to manufacture the billions of tons of Fiberglass. Billions of gallons of lubricants and grease that Wind Turbines has increased demand for.

Producing oil is fine, but they didnt need to spread it all over the Gulf of Mexico tho.

Oil companies got the idea of "spread the wealth" the wrong way there, dont you think? :D

Producing oil is fine, but they didnt need to spread it all over the Gulf of Mexico tho.
Oil companies got the idea of "spread the wealth" the wrong way there, dont you think? :D
With increased demand by the Wind Turbines, it was inevitable. And now Wind Turbines spread that Oil, on what was once pristine desert. If this is all you got, you have a weak argument, Wind Turbines need that Oil, they can not operate without Oil. Maybe had we not diverted trillions to Wind Turbines and raced to increase Oil Production to support Wind Turbines, these types of accidents could be avoided.

How many Wind Turbines leak oil? All of them!

wind 6.jpg
wind 7.jpg

Accidents do happen my son.

Do you have any idea what our standard of living would be like without fossil fuels?

With increased demand by the Wind Turbines, it was inevitable. And now Wind Turbines spread that Oil, on what was once pristine desert. If this is all you got, you have a weak argument, Wind Turbines need that Oil, they can not operate without Oil. Maybe had we not diverted trillions to Wind Turbines and raced to increase Oil Production to support Wind Turbines, these types of accidents could be avoided.

How many Wind Turbines leak oil? All of them!

View attachment 74916 View attachment 74917

So the wind turbines caused the BP oil spill...

Thats your argument ha :D

I guess you taught of an explanation to why there was another spill, at the same Gulf of Mexico 30 years ago too...

Was it the dutch wind mills :lmao:

Dutch_windmills,_Holland,_ca._1905.jpg

Accidents do happen my son.

Do you have any idea what our standard of living would be like without fossil fuels?

I am very well aware of our dependency on the fossil fuels.

But that doesnt mean I have to come up with moronic funny arguments like you buffoons...

Forum List

Back