Another dead kid law in NJ

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by chanel, Jun 28, 2012.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Bill would require New Jersey teen drivers and their parents attend driver education course before getting learner's permit - pressofAtlanticCity.com: Breaking News

As I've posted many times on this forum, NJ politicians routinely exploit grieving families in order to get their names in the paper. For every tragic child death, a new law is proposed. We have Megan's Law, John's Law, Kiley's Law, Tyler Clementi's Law....It is opportunism at its lowest.

Making parents attend driver ed classes is outrageous. We don't expect many of them to feed their children or help them with homework, but somehow they will be able to find the time, and have the intelligence, to go back to school with their teenagers.

The only kids who will be able to get their licenses (and jobs) before the age of 18 will be those who are most likely privileged in other ways.

Comments?

2. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    It has to be a revenue grab.
    Stupid stupid stupid

3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    This accident happened not too far from me and saddened the entire community. But there were 8 kids in the car (which is already against the law), and according to a cop friend of mine, he was driving over a 100 mph (which also is against the law).

It wasn't a lack of laws that killed these kids. :(

But God help any politician that votes against dead kids. And they all know it.

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    why dont you move from nj.......you talk about how smart you are and how many houses you have bought and sold....the solution is simple....move out of nj since you hate it so much

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    Samson's NJ Driving School: Your Low Cost Alternative, is accepting students this fall for the low rate of $500 per student & parent.

Apply soon; space is limited.

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,310
    I don't see where the law will prevent anything. Kids get killed because they do stupid things while driving. They always have, they always will

7. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Oh bones. Your obsession with me is so darling. Not.

I love NJ. I love the mountains, the beaches, the farms, the people, etc. I just can't stand most of our politicians - on both sides.

Chanel's PSA of the day: Message boards allow us to gripe about shit that stinks. Say hello to the internet.

You're welcome.

8. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,310
    This one is almost as stupid as making kids put an inexperienced driver sticker on their license plate

9. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Exactly. That was Kiley's Law and one that my husband and I decided NOT to comply with.

I am a high school teacher and I deal with students from many dysfunctional homes. A drivers license for them means independence, freedom, and responsibility. The most mature students are the ones with jobs. Without a license, they can not participate in the work program. These moronic politicians never consider the real life consequences of their "feel good" legislation.

10. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,310
    The stickers were meant to be a way for police to tell when an inexperienced driver had too many kids in the car

But if a kid is going to break the law by having too many passengers, why would he put out the sticker pointing out that fact?