New ADA Regs Limit Slope of Mini Golf Holes, Admit Mini Horses

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The 2010 ADA standards for Accessible Design require that at least 50 percent of golf holes on miniature golf courses be “accessible” – with a ground space that is “48 inches minimum by 60 inches minimum with slopes not steeper than 1:48 at the start of play.”

Other regulations include:

Saunas – provision of accessible turning space and an accessible bench.

Shooting facilities – provision of accessible turning space “for each different type of firing position.”

Golf courses – “an accessible route to connect all accessible elements within the boundary.” An accessible route must also “connect golf car rental areas, bag drop areas, teeing grounds, putting greens, and weather shelters.”

Gyms – at least one of each type of exercise machine must be positioned for use by a person in a wheelchair.

Amusement parks – any new or altered ride must provide at least one seat for a person in a wheelchair.

A section of the guidelines regulating commercial facilities states that, “a public accommodation shall make reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures to permit the use of a miniature horse by an individual with a disability if the miniature horse has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of the individual with a disability.”

New Disability Regs Limit Slope of Mini Golf Holes, Require Businesses to Admit Mini Horses as Guide Animals | CNSNews.com

Many small family owned businesses will not be able to comply with these regs. Consequently, they will get sued.

This has nothing to do with allowing blind people to take their miniature horse on a roller coaster. :cuckoo:

This is about suing for the right to want to.

Just today I got a phone call from one of the engineers designing the new sidewalks that run in front of my commercial building. He says I'm the only one on the entire street that they they can't accommodate regarding ADA. The city has agreed to allow me to place a notice "ADA Access Available In Rear of Building".

The town has waited for these sidewalk/street improvements for years. I even worked on the project when I lived there. They also want me to sign a type of waiver- memorandum of understanding- that I will comply by providing ADA access to the back door.

I said "gee, I'd hate to hold the whole project hostage- so why don't you tell that school board to re-hire my wife, then I'll sign."

Fuck them. They ruined her career. It's payback time.

Forum List

Back